Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dandrews' strength of leadership vs. Scotty's dithering

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its more about common sense than politics
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:21 am

nomadjack wrote:
Wokko wrote:
The raw numbers aren't nearly as important as the broken trust with the public. Of course transmission will increase along other vectors, people look at the protests that are allowed during a pandemic and say "**** it". Why should a bunch of losers be able to congregate, trash the joint and wreck statues when I can't visit mum on her birthday.

It's blatant hypocrisy and it's all at the feet of Andrews. Same goes for all the Democrat cities in the USA.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1275112734661754881

Sorry, but let me get this straight. You, a flag waving libertarian, are criticising the Premier for not using the state apparatus to prevent a free gathering of citizens? The ideological and mental gymnastics that involves must actually be physically painful.

The mind that produces a febrile reference to "leftist malcontents" who were allowed "to riot" (see above on this page) is that of an authoritarian. No mental effort at all is necessary.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:21 am

think positive wrote:
How many people did those 4 come into contact with?

That day and when they went home.

Just like the essendopers, just because cheating doesn’t work doesn’t mean it’s ok to do it. They should never have taken the risk.

And just look what’s happened, a gathering of 10,000 was allowed, (I have inside info that the cops were not happy about it) and they wonder why 12 people think it’s ok to mingle instead of 10.

TP, many people on Nick's expressed the view - before the protests - that they should not occur, for more or less the reasons you mention. I can't think of a single poster on Nick's who supported the timing of the protests. It is true, though, that not everyone on here thought they were "shameful".

But none of that is actually about the Premier's leadership or for this thread, is it? The protests happened in many places in Australia - even in NSW, where the police took (pointless, expensive and hopelessly unsuccessful) legal action to try to stop them. The introduction of Victoria's 127 active coronovirus cases into this thread is a byway, occasioned by a stupid meme posted in a ridiculous place by someone whose essential take on the protesters is, in his own words, that they were "leftist malcontents" who were allowed "to riot". No reasonable person in Australia thinks that.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:27 am

nomadjack wrote:

Sorry, but let me get this straight. You, a flag waving libertarian, are criticising the Premier for not using the state apparatus to prevent a free gathering of citizens? The ideological and mental gymnastics that involves must actually be physically painful.

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of allowing this protest while using the apparatus of the state to stop people doing literally everything else while telling us it's for our own good. Going the man and not the ball is par for the course around here though I guess.

As for my personal views (largely irrelevant as they are) Gathering during a pandemic to push a political agenda through intimidation and violence isn't simple free assembly, it breaches the non aggression principle and I would be more than happy for citizens to shut that shit down. FWIW I'm not sure how a libertarian response to a pandemic would work, no ideology is flawless, there is no libertarian society to see what they'd do and no crisis can be met perfectly.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:30 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

TP, many people on Nick's expressed the view - before the protests - that they should not occur, for more or less the reasons you mention. I can't think of a single poster on Nick's who supported the timing of the protests. It is true, though, that not everyone on here thought they were "shameful".

But none of that is actually about the Premier's leadership or for this thread, is it? The protests happened in many places in Australia - even in NSW, where the police took (pointless, expensive and hopelessly unsuccessful) legal action to try to stop them. The introduction of Victoria's 127 active coronovirus cases into this thread is a byway, occasioned by a stupid meme posted in a ridiculous place by someone whose essential take on the protesters is, in his own words, that they were "leftist malcontents" who were allowed "to riot". No reasonable person in Australia thinks that.

Look at you getting all snippy. Plenty of people think the same thing, you're just so completely of touch, arrogant and ignorant that you think you know it all when you know absolutely nothing.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:35 am

Wokko wrote:
nomadjack wrote:

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of allowing this protest while using the apparatus of the state to stop people doing literally everything else while telling us it's for our own good. Going the man and not the ball is par for the course around here though I guess.

As for my personal views (largely irrelevant as they are) Gathering during a pandemic to push a political agenda through intimidation and violence isn't simple free assembly, it breaches the non aggression principle and I would be more than happy for citizens to shut that shit down. FWIW I'm not sure how a libertarian response to a pandemic would work, no ideology is flawless, there is no libertarian society to see what they'd do and no crisis can be met perfectly.

"[I]ntimidation and violence"? You don't help by making stuff up.

As for you being "more than happy for [fascist agitators] to shut [protests] down". we know. You'd be more than happy for violent reactionaries to shut down any peaceful protest that doesn't fit your view of the World.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:43 am

My god you spin shit. These people would have you up against the wall first.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:07 am

Oh, c'mon. You're just making things up. Despite my extensive and varied work history, I never held paid employment at the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

When I google "arrests after Melbourne protests", the very first thing I get is this: https://7news.com.au/travel/coronavirus/violent-clash-arrests-and-injuries-as-coronavirus-protest-turns-ugly-c-1028418

The violent protests they're referring to in that (and a raft of other articles from other sources on the same subject) are the anti-lockdown protests by your mates. Where were your posts on Nick's when that violence was happening? That was your cause, so I assume you said nothing.

Your language really is extraordinarily authoritarian - you refer to "These people" as a means of denoting "BLM" protesters as "the other". They're just a bunch of people who decided to protest at a time when many of us think it would have been better that they didn't. As with all protests, there will have been a broad range of people attending - plenty of people who change their politics from time to time like it's a fashion accessory, plenty of people who are committed to a cause (or causes), some people who probably thought it might be a fun thing to day when there wasn't any footy on, some people who would like me "first up against the wall when the revolution comes " and some people who won't be able to decide whether you or I get it in the neck first - they'll play eenie-meenie (with politically correct "tiggers" caught by toes) to decide which of us gets the honour of being first. If it wasn't still in Atlanta that weekend, those two guys with the Antifa kombi van and a bad attitude might have been there, too. Presumably, the usual fringe right assortment would have been around trying to see whether there was any trouble to be stirred up.

Anyway, I'll tell you what - when they come for me, they can have the Gallardo - but what say you and me stand side by side with our ninja mates and defend the Countach to the death? That's a common cause.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:22 pm

^

Give me the Gallardo and I'll help you defend the Countach.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:25 pm

oh man.

well my view, before and now, the protest should not have happened, it was arrogant and selfish, and i dont blame people for saying why cant i visit grandma?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:38 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Give me the Gallardo and I'll help you defend the Countach.

You're sure - the steering on the Countach may not suit a man with a shoulder injury? Wink
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:44 pm

Yeah, i'm booked in at the local Osteopath for next Monday. Going to give them a try instead of Physio
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:56 pm

Exercise therapy is pretty good if you have no luck with Osteopathy. Just stay well away from chiropractors Laughing
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:58 pm

think positive wrote:
i dont blame people for saying why cant i visit grandma?

Visiting Grandma is an excellent idea right now.

(Assuming that you reckon the old bat has left something for you in her will.)

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:42 pm

IF the Liberals where in Charge in Victoria and other States there be lot more Cases as they would not shut down anything
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15   

Jump to: