Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dandrews' strength of leadership vs. Scotty's dithering

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What does Trump have to do with Victoria? Why does everything have to be about Donald Trump for you people? Get some counselling.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:29 pm

People in glass houses and all that.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:30 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

I'm not the one bringing up Donald Trump in every unrelated discussion. Show me on the doll where Donald Trump touched you.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:45 pm

Wokko wrote:
What does Trump have to do with Victoria?

He is a shining and spectacular example of just how bad a government can be. When a Trump-can-do-no-wrong poster starts yammering on about a government which has a spectacularly, massively better record ....

Well, you got what you deserved. Reminded of just how hopeless your hero is. That is as it should be.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:49 pm

Wokko wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I'm not the one bringing up Donald Trump in every unrelated discussion. Show me on the doll where Donald Trump touched you.
i get this. i mean maybe we should thread split it...oh wait!

seriously, give it a rest guys, not everything is Trumps fault!

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:51 pm

Tannin wrote:
Wokko wrote:

He is a shining and spectacular example of just how bad a government can be. When a Trump-can-do-no-wrong poster starts yammering on about a government which has a spectacularly, massively better record ....

Well, you got what you deserved. Reminded of just how hopeless your hero is. That is as it should be.

So no, nothing to do with Trump you're just obsessed with him and me. Gotcha.

Try and focus, this thread is about Chairman Dan and he's comprehensively $%$ed it up by allowing leftist malcontents to riot in the middle of a pandemic.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:09 pm

Tannin wrote:
Wokko wrote:

Just to put some further flesh on those bones, Wokko:

You've just posted (yet another) massive and trite meme, this time about COVID, in a thread about the strength of Andrews' leadership. I don't personally care about Andrews' leadership and I don't much like him - but what I dislike even more is you posting huge pictures that appear to be designed to drown out other peoples' thoughts.

Tannin is, quite right about why you earnt the response: I reflected yesterday (in the relevant thread, of course) in the following terms:

Pies4shaw wrote:
And just reflecting on April 24th, which was the last day anyone here tried to mount a defence, however feeble and half-hearted it may have been, of Trump's "management" of the pandemic. Since that day, there have been 24 deaths in Australia and 71,642 in the US.

To save you running out of fingers and toes, that's 2,985 times as many deaths in the US as in Australia since 24 April.

So, no, you don't get to defend Sleepy Slumpy's pathetic record of death and denial like some kind of zealot and then kick an Australian leader who has done a fine job, whatever I may think of his politics.

Anyway, the meme is as misconceived as it is unfunny as it is stupid. Even as I write, Victoria has only the third-worst number of cases per head of population in Australia.

Further, looking at the raw numbers, Victoria has just 19 active cases per million population (in the US, it is presently 3,789 active cases per million population). That's not a pandemic. That's a brilliant interim outcome, a world-leading one. It is the concern that things might get worse that led to swift action over the weekend.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:14 pm

Wokko wrote:
... this thread is about Chairman Dan and he's comprehensively �$%$ed it up by allowing leftist malcontents to riot in the middle of a pandemic.

After careful analysis of the reporting in Victoria, I have the net contribution of the protests ("malcontents to riot" - unconscionable statements like that plainly demonstrate that you inhabit a dark corner far outside any reasonable boundaries of sensible political discourse in our country) at - at most - 4 people.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a cheap meme at the expense of intelligent reflection.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:07 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Wokko wrote:
... this thread is about Chairman Dan and he's comprehensively �$%$ed it up by allowing leftist malcontents to riot in the middle of a pandemic.

After careful analysis of the reporting in Victoria, I have the net contribution of the protests ("malcontents to riot" - unconscionable statements like that plainly demonstrate that you inhabit a dark corner far outside any reasonable boundaries of sensible political discourse in our country) at - at most - 4 people.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a cheap meme at the expense of intelligent reflection.

Checkmate.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:11 am

The significant clusters in Victoria are related to extended families (not directly related to the demostrations - there were demo's in Sydney & other cities in Australia too remember)

The extended families are from certain ethnic / religious groups who tend to live in the cities of Brimbank, Casey, Cardinia, Moreland and Hume.

Damn Hare Krishnas

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:12 am

^ Yes, there's a detailed discussion in the coronavirus thread about that. You will see that that discussion was able to be had there quite respectfully and fairly between people with differing views.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:21 am

Jezza has just posted today's figures. I think, for completeness, I should observe that the number of active cases in the US is 1,254,697. The number of active cases in Victoria is a devastatingly fearsome - wait for it - 127. Or. if you prefer, there are 9,879.5 times as many active cases in the US as there are in Victoria.

So, yes, let's all hope America votes 1 Slumpy in November and mock the Premier for Victoria's unacceptably bad pandemic outbreak. Who knows, if Victoria doesn't do better and things stay out of hand like this, we might have a sudden "spike" of deaths, up from the present 0 per month. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Come on, where's the next meme?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:06 am

How many people did those 4 come into contact with?

That day and when they went home.

Just like the essendopers, just because cheating doesn’t work doesn’t mean it’s ok to do it. They should never have taken the risk.

And just look what’s happened, a gathering of 10,000 was allowed, (I have inside info that the cops were not happy about it) and they wonder why 12 people think it’s ok to mingle instead of 10.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:26 am

The raw numbers aren't nearly as important as the broken trust with the public. Of course transmission will increase along other vectors, people look at the protests that are allowed during a pandemic and say "**** it". Why should a bunch of losers be able to congregate, trash the joint and wreck statues when I can't visit mum on her birthday.

It's blatant hypocrisy and it's all at the feet of Andrews. Same goes for all the Democrat cities in the USA.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1275112734661754881
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:01 am

Wokko wrote:
The raw numbers aren't nearly as important as the broken trust with the public. Of course transmission will increase along other vectors, people look at the protests that are allowed during a pandemic and say "**** it". Why should a bunch of losers be able to congregate, trash the joint and wreck statues when I can't visit mum on her birthday.

It's blatant hypocrisy and it's all at the feet of Andrews. Same goes for all the Democrat cities in the USA.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1275112734661754881

Sorry, but let me get this straight. You, a flag waving libertarian, are criticising the Premier for not using the state apparatus to prevent a free gathering of citizens? The ideological and mental gymnastics that involves must actually be physically painful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15   

Jump to: