Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dandrews' strength of leadership vs. Scotty's dithering

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

eddiesmith wrote:
Fact- Jon Faine does paid work on behalf of the Victorian government, much like some of the biggest supporters of the Victorian government on Twitter have since been revealed to be paid to support the Government.

Fact- Even the ABC felt that Faine was too obviously tied to the Victorian government by his paid roles there to be considered to even meet their very low standards of journalistic integrity.

What’s the paid employment you talk about?
Put up or shut up

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:40 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Fact- Jon Faine does paid work on behalf of the Victorian government, much like some of the biggest supporters of the Victorian government on Twitter have since been revealed to be paid to support the Government.

Fact- Even the ABC felt that Faine was too obviously tied to the Victorian government by his paid roles there to be considered to even meet their very low standards of journalistic integrity.

Ok Ed Smithy 😃 Let’s talk real s l o w , …… w h a t …… p a i d …… w o r k ?

Yarra Falls End 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:29 am

Lazza wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Says here he is a paid state government contractor

https://www.theage.com.au/national/spiked-andrews-piece-nets-faine-a-modest-payday-20210628-p5850n.html
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:46 am

Whatever the specific nature of his Victorian government work, the guy's an obvious Labor Party hack. It'd be like getting Chris Kenny to do a profile on Scott Morrison.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:41 pm

Yarra Falls End wrote:
Lazza wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Says here he is a paid state government contractor

https://www.theage.com.au/national/spiked-andrews-piece-nets-faine-a-modest-payday-20210628-p5850n.html

Doesn’t matter how many times the Age and ABC call him a government contractor, the Danny fanbois won’t accept it…
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:10 pm

David wrote:
Whatever the specific nature of his Victorian government work, the guy's an obvious Labor Party hack. It'd be like getting Chris Kenny to do a profile on Scott Morrison.

Snap.

Except Kenny (as far as I know) isn't on the Liberal payroll. Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:58 am

David wrote:

What a lot of rubbish David.

First: Jon Faine is not a paid employee, he is an independent contractor
Second it’s a lazy assertion and false equivalence let alone a simplistic juxtaposition to suggest an alleged dog f*cker like Kenny is the same as Jon Faine.

https://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/episodes/comedy-of-errors/9973500

Faine was ruthless with politicians of all political persuasions in his former role on 774 radio. He even earned the respect of his commercial right wing liberal spruiker Neil Mitchell for his fearless interviews across the political spectrum.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:57 am

That may have been the case in the past, but when it comes to journalism, governments know who their mates are.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:06 am

David wrote:
That may have been the case in the past, but when it comes to journalism, governments know who their mates are.

Knowing Jon Faine he would not allow himself to be used as you suggest. His interview would be conditional on questions he would be allowed to ask; there is no way he would be allow his work to my to be edited by the Government. He is a very impressive person both individually and professionally. His reputation for integrity and being fearless is well known.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:25 pm

You're viewing your old school mate through very rose coloured glasses there, other less biased views are no less valid.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:24 am

So it seems like all the "get rid of Dan" stuff is a lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing …

https://insidestory.org.au/dominant-dan/

Quote:
This Saturday we’ll be a year out from the next Victorian election. But if two opinion polls released in recent days are any guide, you can call the result now: despite everything, they report, the Andrews government is on track for a second landslide win, as big or bigger than in 2018.

Ignore all the frustrations bursting out on the streets of Melbourne, on talkback radio and on the letters pages of Murdoch’s Herald Sun — and right now, of the Age as well. The polls tell us that if an election were held today, Victorians would re-endorse the man the Murdoch empire calls “Dictator Dan” with a thumping majority.

[…]

Really? So two of the most tumultuous years in Victoria’s recent history have left the electorate unmoved? So unmoved it proposes an exact replica of the status quo?

I'm honestly surprised – not because I thought the Liberals' were necessarily on track to victory, but I really did think that Andrews would have taken some hit, particularly with migrant groups who traditionally vote Labor but who may have been fed up with the COVID-19 response (my own anecdotal observation is that the local Russian community – who, admittedly, do tend anti-vaxx and more socially conservative – is very anti-Andrews right now).

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:07 pm

I'm not that surprised, his media/marketing team have been the most effective part of the Government. The rusted on are now welded on.

What I am surprised at is that his paternalistic authoritarianism has appealed to so many people.

roar 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:02 pm

Don't know why you're surprised, we're a very compliant lot. Not many places in the world that are as "nanny" as here.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:02 pm

A lot of the noise does sound a lot like old-school Victorian Lib/Lab barracking. Most people would probably rather not change pandemic leaders midstream because that will only add to the disruption.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:43 pm

It's a strange dynamic. The welded on will be enough to get Labor re-elected, despite Libs making some traction.

Despite a growing number of very vocal dissenters and the complete lack of reasoned decision making or accountability, Andrews is indeed Teflon Dan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15   

Jump to: