Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
On a positive WTF, in 2015 I think it was I bought a Kobo eReader. It's an electronic book. Back then before the torrent sites all got blocked, you could go on and search and download books in .pdf version which the Kobo could read. That's why I got it instead of the Kindle which had a special format you could only read on a Kindle.

Anyway, took it to the USA in 2015 and 2016. Very handy on the 15 hour flight to LA, kick back, have a few drinks and read a book.

Several years ago I threw it in a drawer and forgot about it but pulled it out a few days ago, charged it up and the fkn thing still works fine. Shocked Very Happy

I thought the battery would have shit itself or something but nope, charged up quickly, held a charge while sitting on the desk for a few days, connected it to Wifi and it updated the software and it still fkn works. You bewdy, she's coming to Darwin with me next month.

cool!!

get your self some apple tags, or similar if you really dont want apple.

in all the trips we have taken, the only thing to put us out was a storm that delayed our flight out of yellowstone by 1/2 an hour, we missed the connection to vegas, but got a flight 2.5 hours later.

this time, **** me! lynx air changed our flight from 8am to $Ł$%^%%$ 6 am, so 4am at the airport, yuk. then when we flew back from Calgary to Vancouver, our luggage got jammed along with 5 other poeples, 3 of us had air tags and knew exactly where our luggage was, but trying to get the fucktards to go find it, ugh! we had to wait, we were boarding the ship next morning. an hour later, good to go. get on the ship at 11, hubbies suitacase in the cabin at 12.30, mine? ship is leaving at 4 and it shows its still on the dock! im in shorts, tshirt and 2 day old knickers! for alaska!!! went to service department 7 times, at 9pm im in tears, walk to the room and finally, it was somehow stowed in the crew section the floor below us.

get to the airport to fly home, we are told we have to get our luggage and go through customs in sydney - with 1.5 hour turnaround! yes we and 150 other got bumped, thankfully us only 1/2 an hour, others way longer. we arrive in melbourne. no suitcases. both still in sydney! 2 hours later i watched my fly in, then hubbies 2 hours after that! they arrived on our doorstep at 9pm that night!!!

get the air tag Stui!

**** knows what they were doing during lockdown but it sure as hell wasnt improving service!!!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:09 pm

Geezus, fun and games. I don't do Apple, I'm just taking carry on luggage. The place I'm staying at has a laundry.

back in 2016 I missed the flight back to Aus because a dickhead sent us to the wrong gate after a connecting flight. I got back to Melbourne but my luggage went to Sydney. Got it delivered to home after a few phone calls and a few days. Wink

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:19 pm

Anyone fancy a friendly annexation of New Zealand?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/aug/24/new-zealand-should-consider-joining-australia-mp-urges-in-valedictory-speech

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:42 pm

Nah thanks. Before they were New Zealand and self governing they were part of NSW. Why the **** would they want to basically become a state of Australia and give up their sovereignty with the quality of leaders we've had in the past 25 years?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:47 pm

I’ve always assumed radio transmissions were delayed and streaming services through apps even more delayed.

I’ve been listening to SEN app all day whilst WFH and haven’t turned it off yet and whilst watching the intros to the game tonight on seven, the SEN radio app is 100% in sync with the TV.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:40 am

Kelly looks after special needs kids, does reading classes and other activities with kids who are 'lagging' a bit.
Yesterday she was working with year ones (5 & 6 year olds).
She does this activity where she shows the kids a pic and asks them what they think of when they look at it.

Showing a young indigenous girl a Picasso pic of a crying lady, the response was this - "That reminds me of when you're on the train and the cops come and you kick the cop and then run and hide" Kelly explained that the police are there to help us... Nah they not Miss I hate the cops.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:29 am

geees............... sounds like some of the kids from my daughters school, sad
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:47 am

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-11-11/snakes-in-trees-warning-amid-spring-bird-nesting/103091160

Shocked

Nope, nada, far coff. Fkn tiger snakes in trees? Shocked

If I'm sitting under a tree and a Tiger Snake suddenly drops on my neck, I'll give you the tip right here, not only are those undies going straight in the bin but so are the pants and chair

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:34 pm

OMFG, no just no!!!

(and the snake too, laws or not!!)

Kingsofclutch 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:25 pm

How everyone risks democracy by letting billionaire media moguls keep them in a constant state of outrage at the left. The right seems out of ideas in the new world, they keep trying to turn the clock back to the 50's but nobody will buy that, we're not going back to the days of backyard abortions and women barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, so the play from the right seems to be look for hate and you'll find your supporters, they've never really had any answers outside of make us and our corporations rich and some will trickle down, yeah sure, can you sell me a bridge too?

ps: Woke just means enlightened, it's a word meant to promote positive social change, it's been quite a propaganda campaign to turn that into a negative.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:40 pm

^

You do realise that the Murdoch Media doesn't turn people into mouth breathing far right fanatics any more than the Guardian turns people into far Left mouth breathing fanatics?

Both just pander to their readership demographics, both have little real influence. People gravitate to news sources that reinforce their pre existing views, the stupid ones get all their news from a single source that does that.

As I've said before, if Murdoch had a fraction of the power that some people claim he has, Labor would never get elected.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:06 pm

^ The Guardian is a fabulous source of carefully evaluated news and special reporting. I think you spend too much energy worrying about the regular “commentators”, many of whom give everyone the shits. By contrast, you can’t actually trust the Murdoch news reportage because the bias is embedded in the reporting.
Kingsofclutch 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:44 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

You do realise that the Murdoch Media doesn't turn people into mouth breathing far right fanatics any more than the Guardian turns people into far Left mouth breathing fanatics?

Sure, and Hitler exploiting radio didn't lead to 20 million deaths either.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:08 am

Kingsofclutch wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Sure, and Hitler exploiting radio didn't lead to 20 million deaths either.

Are you seriously comparing media today with that in the 30's and 40's?

Kingsofclutch 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:13 am

If that's what you got take a ticket, we'll get to you when we can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 63 of 66   

Jump to: