Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do drivers take so long to move when a traffic light turns green?

Most of the time it's as if they're in a state of shock that the light has turned green, then, once they've recovered and moved, the second driver goes, woo, we are moving, 6 seconds later and the third car in line has just realised he's behind the wheel of a car, 4th one takes off and the light turns amber as he gets to the line. You're 5th in line, you're waiting.

Why??!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:57 am

Maybe people are just more relaxed over there? I can't say that happens to me often here in Melbourne when driving.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:49 pm

Happens all the time here when you're waiting for a green arrow to turn right.

Drives me mental.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:13 pm

David wrote:
Maybe people are just more relaxed over there? I can't say that happens to me often here in Melbourne when driving.

Relaxed? More like in a daze!

I just went to Bunnings, a few k's from home. There's a set of lights that cross Tonkin Hwy, they don't stay green very long, I was 6th in line , didn't make it, nor did the bus in front of me... 4 cars! If they were on the ball you'd get a dozen through easy.

And half wits that cruise in the right lane... are they cloning these clowns or what?! They're taking over the roads. Thank god I get out of the city for half of every month, I couldn't drive every day with the morons on the road today.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:29 pm

Don't start me on right lane road hogs.

I don't care on city freeways, they're multi lane free for alls, but the Hume Hwy is 2 lanes and clearly and regularly sign posted "keep left unless overtaking" yet these dozy farquits persist in camping in the right lane, right beside cars in the left. Just fkn sitting there.

Had one imbecile last weekend going up to Toc, sitting in the right lane just slightly behind a car in the left lane, with seemingly no intention to overtake. Mad Sat on their arse for a little, no impact other than they slowed down. So ducked into the left lane and shot around them. Clearly that upset the idiot as they then accelerated and sat just on my back shoulder for 10 minutes. Rolling Eyes

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:02 pm

Skids wrote:
Why do drivers take so long to move when a traffic light turns green?

Most of the time it's as if they're in a state of shock that the light has turned green, then, once they've recovered and moved, the second driver goes, woo, we are moving, 6 seconds later and the third car in line has just realised he's behind the wheel of a car, 4th one takes off and the light turns amber as he gets to the line. You're 5th in line, you're waiting.

Why??!!

The main reason is that they are texting or looking at their phone.

I really wish the penalty was much higher to make it not worth the risk. Crushing their phones would be a good start.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:15 pm

Crushing their car while they're sitting in it staring at their phone would be better.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:46 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Don't start me on right lane road hogs.

I don't care on city freeways, they're multi lane free for alls, but the Hume Hwy is 2 lanes and clearly and regularly sign posted "keep left unless overtaking" yet these dozy farquits persist in camping in the right lane, right beside cars in the left. Just fkn sitting there.

Had one imbecile last weekend going up to Toc, sitting in the right lane just slightly behind a car in the left lane, with seemingly no intention to overtake. Mad Sat on their arse for a little, no impact other than they slowed down. So ducked into the left lane and shot around them. Clearly that upset the idiot as they then accelerated and sat just on my back shoulder for 10 minutes. Rolling Eyes

That’s how I got my last speeding fine when I did that and they suddenly sat on my arse so I sped off and around the corner came undone Crying or Very sad

Found though Trucks are particularly bad in the Hume, so many try to overtake another truck up a hill, especially the one just before Glenrowan, but anywhere up until the Crazieburn exit is the worst.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:28 pm

Next door Neighbour dumped a load of old bricks on his naturestrip 2 days ago. Late yesterday he's out with the wheelbarrow taking them inside for something.

This morning I see a short person, with hoodie and mask walking a baby stroller (the old fashioned jobs) past my place with 3 of his bricks in it. Shocked Confused

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:26 am

asshole

i just read this, i would have canned his arse, how is this funny to anyone? so cruel, and SHES sorry!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueOffMyChest/comments/wk4t41/i_didnt_react_the_right_way_to_my_husbands/

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:17 pm

If that's for real, it's pretty messed up. What a douche bag.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:21 pm

think positive wrote:
how is this funny to anyone?

I guess it's fair to say that there are two kinds of "jokes": ones that are done to make someone laugh, in the moment or after the fact; and ones that aren't really jokes at all and never were to begin with. It seems clear from the post that this was more like some kind of passive-aggressive mindgame on the husband's part, and that he couldn't handle the fallout when it inevitably blew up in his face.

(This is of course presuming that, unlike the majority of these Reddit stories, this one – written by someone with the username "LostInDespair"! – is actually true)

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:06 pm

I reckon finding a 150kg seal roaming amongst your dairy cows 30km from the ocean would be a fairly WTF moment.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-18/seal-spotted-on-simpson-farm-victoria-long-way-from-beach/101345104

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:15 pm

Yes, saw that on the news last night.... how??
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:28 pm

They reckon it must have come at least part way inland via creeks. Imagine the poor cows looking at it.

Other thing is the seeming lack of responsiveness from fisheries dept, not a lot of stuff for a seal to eat in a cow paddock, it's gonna be getting awful hungry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 47 of 66   

Jump to: