Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucks5 wrote:
^ Was one of the guys named Augustus?

hehehe, i watched that the other day, love that movie!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:14 pm

Speaking of WTF, I'm in the garden in Toc and my cousin popped in. Not the smart one, this is the University educated ex school teacher.

So I'm standing in the front yard, pruning saw in hand with a 4 foot high pile of branches on the ground at my feet and Einstein says to me, "So, are you doing anything ?"

Nah, just standing here milking a cat, wtf does it look like is what I should have said, but I was struck dumb and just stared at him.

Then he asks I could call around later and set the timer on his mother's heater. I said maybe but I better go around, if he tries to do it he'll stuff it up. This is a bloke who had to get someone to connect a DVD player to his TV when he first bought one, cos it's not like the RCA plugs and sockets are colour coded or anything.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:16 am

How old is, tell him to Google the instruction manual!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:28 am

Mid 60's and completely useless
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:32 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Mid 60's and completely useless

ah yes, i know the man well

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:37 pm

speaking of chocolate, i have my eldest, her BF and my grandpup coming for dinner, plus my younger sister (needs alcohol!) so i went shopping this morning, saw a ladder in the middle of the road, and everyone skidding around it, hmm, nup wont fit in my little car! then someone driving alone in a car...with a mask on! dont you hate risking your own germs??? so i do some shopping, bought 2 elec frying pans cos they were on special, jeans, oh and some food, gave an old lady in a wheel chair money for lunch, so sad seeing her go through her purse, then im going through the checkout and i go, oh a roll of dairy milk, on special! havent had one for years, so i buy it. i break the roll in half to eat some on the way home. i try to suck one but i just have to bite it, ditto the next 2, finally i talk to my self and say take it sloooow enjoy it, but then im like, something is missing, did they change the recipe?? what, no, surely, so i bend down nearly crash and get the other half. nope definitely not the same. and as i eat the last little roll it hits me:

rolo, shoulda bought the rolo!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:34 pm

You bought 2 electric frypans?

I'm going to have to figure out how to temporarily disable stealth mode on the Redline. It's great for avoiding speeding tickets but I've been driving it to work recently and every fkn time I get dimwits who nearly crash into me from the side because they apparently don't see me.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:13 am

stui magpie wrote:
You bought 2 electric frypans?

I'm going to have to figure out how to temporarily disable stealth mode on the Redline. It's great for avoiding speeding tickets but I've been driving it to work recently and every fkn time I get dimwits who nearly crash into me from the side because they apparently don't see me.

Yes, I often use 2 at a time! One for veins or friend rice, the other for meat! Usually I use the goos one and an old one from outside near the BBQ. But hubby has been cooking a. Bit lately, there are no even reasonable good ones left!

I’m actually looking at getting a new car for the same reason, but it’s because it’s little and deep navy blue, people just don’t see it! Hubby reckons it’s the Collingwood stickers ....

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:58 pm

Had to fill up the car to go into work for a meeting this arvo. Topped it up last Friday, then drove to NSW and back and a couple of work trips all on 1 tank so she was pretty low.

$160 to fill the tank Shocked $2.60 a litre Shocked WTAF?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:47 pm

Had a leadership team meeting this morning, plates of biscuits on cakes on the table which went largely untouched.

After we finished and the packing up commenced, a tray of cakes and biscuits were shoved under my nose, along with the words, "C'mon Stui, take some, you could use fattening up"

Shocked

I'll take that as a compliment, haven't had someone say that to me for a Loooooong time.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:19 am

I had a somewhat Canberra-specific dream last night: Telstra Tower was halfway through being dismantled and architects were discussing what could be a similarly iconic structure to replace it with. Somehow privy to these negotiations, I suggested that they should go with an Egyptian-style pyramid (because imagine how cool it would be to have a pyramid on top of a mountain, right?!) or a massive Disneyland-style castle, but these recommendations were, rather less ambitiously, rejected in favour of a neoclassical building with a garden.

As it happens, in real life Telstra Tower is currently closed to the public as of mid last year, and there have been calls to tear it down and replace it. I'm rather fond of it, and hoping my dream doesn't prove prophetic!

https://the-riotact.com/telstra-tower-canberras-global-tourism-icon-is-currently-unavailable/477394

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:42 am

Went for my morning walk this morning. Fkn -2C outside. Shocked

Lots of white, crunchy front lawns and naturestrips and iced over cars.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:17 pm

prep student had a seizure at juniors school at the start of lunch, a quiet one, the mum said see hoe he goes WTF, junior said what the **** and went and found him, he was playing rather drunkenly on a railing of some steps, she said can you come with me please, takes him to the med room, less than 30sec, and he collapses unconscious in her arms. (other teachers are like lucky you got him he could have landed on his head) mum says ill just be a while (no recorded seizure history) junior told the nurse bugger that tell them come now or we call an ambulance at her cost. she came, and said ill see how he goes and maybe take him to a doctor. like WTAF, so many people that would love to adopt, i hope the nurse saw sense and called child services. so thats 2 kids with seizures in about 3 months, whats the odds?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:47 pm

2 kids both from the same family or just 2 kids in the school/class?

You're getting a crash course on how many young parents are really ill equipped to be parents.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:38 pm

stui magpie wrote:
2 kids both from the same family or just 2 kids in the school/class?

You're getting a crash course on how many young parents are really ill equipped to be parents.

2 kids in prep at the school not related, the first parents cared!!

its the utter lack of caring, gees id be a basket case

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 46 of 66   

Jump to: