Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great idea.

https://www.watoday.com.au/property/living/this-home-has-a-toilet-in-the-worst-place-imaginable-20220402-p5aabo.html

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:29 am

The benefits of de-regulation of residential design codes, right there. You know, when you can smell it it's because you're ingesting it, right?
#26 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:29 am

^What if you took a stinky sh!t?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:57 am

Reasonably practical, mum could put dad to work peeling the taro while he's taking a dump.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:18 am

Surely it’s a day out as was April 1st
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:59 am

Hate to be a party pooper (so to speak), but is that really a kitchen? I'm not seeing an oven or stovetop. The lack of a door is a little unsettling, though!

(Edit: original listing is here – I reckon it's a bedroom ensuite: https://www.compass.com/listing/54-391-hospital-road-kapaau-hi-96755/997113980138257017/)

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:28 pm

I thought it was an April fools to begin with but when you look at the original listing it shows another kitchen and bathroom. It looks like some kind of guest laundry / spare toilet / what were they thinking area.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:39 pm

I'm going back to property prices for a second.

Have a look at this place and the sale history. https://www.realestate.com.au/property/25-lambourn-rd-watsonia-vic-3087

When it first sold back in 2000 for $180k, it was a deceased estate, 3br weatherboard on a large corner block. That house was demolished with 3 units built on the block. This is the front one.

So the unit then sold for more than the old house and land had cost.

The old couple who bought it died so a youngish bloke bought it in October 2020, did a little bit of work, modernised the inside a bit and a bit of paint outside, and 17 months later gets $999k for it. $259k profit less what he spent tidying it.

$999k for a fkn unit. Shocked

#26 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:48 pm

^we might end up seeing people give their houses to their kids and then apply for public housing.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:08 pm

^

100 metres up the road, a 3br weatherboard on a large block that was old but decent inside and needed work outside sold for $1.1M.
https://www.realestate.com.au/property/40-lambourn-rd-watsonia-vic-3087?source=property-search-p4ep

For an extra $100k I'd take that over the unit any day.

Kids these days are growing up with no where to play outside unless the parents take them to a park.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:20 pm

Easter up in Toc, %$^£$%^&%% me there were some people up there. Shocked Beaches were jam packed with campers.

Had a great slow weekend then today came the fun part, driving home.

Reasonable run to Shep and beyond down the Goulburn Valley Freeway, but once I joined onto the Hume, holy shit. Within 2km, traffic was stopped, crawling along. Shocked

I bailed out at the Seymour exit, went into Seymour and got on the old Goulburn valley Highway. Driving with Google Maps on the Samsung Tablet on my lap and the reading glasses low on the nose so I could see over them to drive but look down to see the tablet, we took the scenic route home. Down through Yea to Glenburn, traffic started building up again, I figured everyone in the Sth East suburbs were going home via the yarra valley so I bailed again and went to Kinglake.

If you've never done the Kinglake- Hurstbridge road through the national park, Do it. Bloody beautiful. Notionally 60kmh but some of the bends need 20kmh, especially in the wet. Mum had one hand on the door armrest and the other on her seatbelt as I cruised through those bends having an absolute blast.

Circled down through St Andrews then to Eltham and home. Avoided all the traffic I see on the news tonight. What should have been an easy 3hr drive took 4 with all the cross country detours but I reckon it was at least an hour faster than if I'd staid on the Hume. Plus got to see some great scenery.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 10:00 am

When my eldest was born, I was put in a mother’s group by the local midwife. Became actual friends with a couple. One I was close too moved away, to feral town, and we kinda lost touch, but saw each other occasionally. Still communicated little on Facebook. Her eldest got married, has 3 kids, all under 4. He had a massive fight with the missus, moved home, and the missus now has a girlfriend! Not the first time I know of this happening, maybe the George really can turn a girl! But who is the girlfriend? 6 degrees of separation, it’s one of my daughters best friends! My kids haven’t seen hers for at least 15 years! Probably a good thing, I can imagine how old fashioned mum is gunna feel about this!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:18 pm

Genuinely thought they'd never find him, but it seems the culprit behind those mysterious spam emails I posted about a few years ago (see here: https://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?p=1885105#1885105 and here: https://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?p=1904854#1904854) has finally been caught:

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/courts-law/cheng-fan-edenmonaro-wentworth-byelection-author-faces-jail/news-story/0def6b600e557438bcea1bea4d38433c

The bottom of the article provides some hint as to what the motivation for the whole "hire Indian workers" schtick might have been:

Quote:
According to court documents, police found Fan had passport details belonging to several Indian, Pakistani and Australian residents as well as details from multiple drivers’ licences obtained through false job advertisements online.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:19 pm

https://7news.com.au/news/world/two-rescued-after-falling-into-tank-full-of-chocolate-at-mms-factory-c-7114918?fbclid=IwAR0qXxkmXvJ8R-rT2ahBnnpYapWDo0Fuw2v9MtyRCxXdeQ2Tw8GyzI-lRQI
yum!

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:46 pm

^ Was one of the guys named Augustus?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 45 of 66   

Jump to: