Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Japanese toilets ,

https://acollectionofmusings.wordpress.com/2014/05/21/japanese-toilets-for-dummies/

I understood the first four icon images , but I don't understand bottom two, the last one looks physically impossible.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:13 am

Over 40 degrees on Saturday, Sunday morning bit cooler and overcast so after my walk, reset the timers on the watering system to go off every day instead of every 3rd day packed up and started driving back to Melbourne, just as it started spitting rain bit before 11am.

Got home, unpacked and did some shopping, then settled back and see on Facebook people posting photos of a car underwater, flooded golf course and Trees knocked over.

Apparently little storm blew in just after I left. 60mm of rain in 2 hours. Shocked

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:54 pm

Housing prices in Tocumwal have gone ridiculous since Covid hit. Whole new estate being built on the Eastern Fringe, people abandoning Melbourne in droves and resorting to pleading on Facebook for rentals.

I bought my place up there, run down deceased estate in original 70's condition in 2017 for $132k. The estimated medium value online is now $325k which doesn't take into account any of the work I've done, it's just based on similar sales.

A house about 200m up the road was bought in 2018, 12 months after I got mine, for $120k. Asbestos clad shoebox on 2/3 of my block , original condition.

In 3 years absolutely nothing has been done to it and it's now on the market for $285k to $315k. Shocked If it sells in that range, that's nuts.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:06 am

The market is crazy that’s why we sold our rental, we would have been happy with 600 and got $700k, Even hubby felt guilty!

Seems a fairly relatively cheap market up here

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:42 am

FOMO driving a lot of sales.

Will be interesting to see if those who have gone for a sea/tree change during the last 12 months, change their minds when the reality of living in a regional area sinks in. Lots of benefits to living outside the city but you don't always have the same facilities like healthcare.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:54 pm

^

Yeah, facilities were one of the things that helped me convince mum to move to Melbourne. Toc Hospital is little more than a palliative care facility now, the nearest decent hospital is in Shep.

With the amount of development in town, it looks like people will be staying. Sell the house in Melbourne for $1M+, buy something bigger and newer in Toc for $450k, pocket the savings.

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:04 pm

We've been wanting to sea-change for 4-5 years now, studied property prices full on for years. Yes Covid definitely jacked prices up over the last 18 months but I do believe they've peaked where we are looking.

Sales were strong up until 3 months ago with many properties now sitting there or being taken off the market. I've also noticed 2 properties in our watch area have dropped their prices significantly.

We are now preparing ourselves for a March April auction in the burbs and to take early retirement down the coast.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:46 pm

Yeah it’s the problem I’ve found where I live now, too far to anything. I like major regional centres and looks like I’ll be moving to one early in the new year with a new job.

Although we do have a hospital and a health centre and plenty of nursing g homes!!!
roar 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:48 pm

We turned our Melbourne house into a flat and a country house. Been wanting to do it for years but finally the business was at a stage where we didn't have to be there all the time, and the kids were old enough to go out on their own (with a bit of help from the parents, of course).

Now with the work from home option there are many people taking the plunge. No doubt, some will return to the city but I think the move to rural areas will be a trend that continues for a while.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:16 pm

^

that's pretty much my plan. I want to keep a base in Melbourne but selling and buying a flat/townhouse looks like not enough change leftover so I'm contemplating a knockdown/rebuild development.

For now, I'll start by getting a shed built on the bush property so I can have some storage. Measured it up last weekend, looking at a 4.5x9m with a carport in front. Gte it powered and plumbed with a dunny and capacity for a shower I'll be able to convert part to a bed sit apartment if I decide to renovate in future.

roar 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:21 pm

^^ We were also contemplating developing our city property but currently materials and labour are extremely hard to get hold of and very expensive so we decided against it. Mainly because we couldn't face another year in the city.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:45 am

Mums 80th birthday at the end of the month and my youngest sister has been organising family get together.

Had booked High tea at Crown for all the girls (mums sisters, daughters & granddaughters), followed by mini golf at Holey Moley for everyone and then dinner.

She just rang them to pay the deposit and Crown said sorry, cancelling our booking as they want to fit in a bigger group! They didn't even have the courtesy to ring and let her know.

And Holey Moley has now said we can't have anyone under 18 in the group after 5pm.

Seriously these places are whinging about lack of business etc. what a joke. No effort to accommodate our bookings. They don't deserve out business.

Sister is now trying to sort out some other options.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:53 pm

Wow that really stinks that’s so disgusting I’d put it on their Facebook page!
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:36 pm

Booked prior to Christmas.

Now other places, such as the Windsor, are booked out.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:42 pm

Thats bullshit, bumping your booking to fit in a bigger one. I'd leave reviews on Facebook, Google and every place I could.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 39 of 66   

Jump to: