Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

ronrat wrote:
The yanks have changed the name of Eskimo pie to E pie so not to offend m well eskimos.

Actually, they're changing it in the USA to Edy's Pie and in Australia to Polar Pie.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/eat/eskimo-pie-to-change-its-derogatory-name/news-story/11e728e22716ea7c891474e42c9ba624

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:08 pm

Wow, how scary:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/video/2020/oct/08/shark-circles-world-championship-surfer-in-australia-in-astonishing-near-miss-video

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:04 pm

So two Chinese officials gate-crash a celebration put on by a Taiwanese trade mission in Fiji, take photos, start a fight, assault some Taiwanese guests then blame the Taiwanese for starting it all because the celebratory cake had a flag of Taiwan 🇹🇼 on it.

FFS

https://www.theage.com.au/world/asia/fake-flag-taiwanese-chinese-diplomats-fiji-clash-ends-in-hospital-20201020-p566sx.html

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:59 pm

Bullies will be bullies.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:25 am

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-melbourne-lockdown-midnight-celebrations-as-restrictions-ease/199ebd1c-b42e-4ae4-8ab9-6114f179c4c9?ocid=edm-nine.com.au-ninedaily--201028&mktg_scr=edm-ninedaily

i mean I drank a small red at midnight, but seriously, going to Kmart at midnight? have a look how many people did!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:22 pm

I took mum Cristmas shopping. I think I need therapy now, I know i Definitely need alcohol.

Took the mobility scooter over for her. How the fvck does someone have a drivcrs licence for over 60 years and never learn how to reverse in anything but a straight line and be completely unfamiliar with the concept of a 3 point turn?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:18 pm

I’m usually long done, and I haven’t started, well except for what I want! I just can’t be $%$ed to be honest. Those scooters are a menace!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:14 pm

Before I got her the scooter I'd get frustrated that when I took her out she didn't see anything because all she did was look at the ground in front of her feet.

Now with the scooter she's so busy looking at everything except where she's going. She did my fkn head in today, I had to grab the steering several times as you don't get out of a tight spot by just going back and forward in straight lines.

I'll do my Xmas shopping in the next few weeks at Dan Murphy's. Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:07 am

Lol!
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:28 pm

WTF.......Sydney hotel quarantine and Virgin allowing two Germans to go and buy domestic flights from Sydney to Melb.

How these German's aren't deported ASAP is beyond me.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:46 pm

Some reports that they are not tourists, PRs returning to Australia.

A pair of selfish twats who don't care about anyone else. They made a conscious decision to avoid quarantine in Sydney, there are no excuses for what they have done. They should be locked up.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/authorities-investigate-whether-german-travellers-lied-before-boarding-flight-to-melbourne-20201206-p56kyw.html

Car rental employee tipped off authorities to travellers who skipped Sydney hotel quarantine, flew to Melbourne

"Two international travellers who skipped hotel quarantine in Sydney, boarded a plane to Melbourne and sparked a coronavirus scare for 130 passengers were sprung by a Melbourne Airport worker who suspected something wasn't quite right.

The travellers, who flew from Germany, are understood to have used online services to check into a domestic flight and fly to Melbourne on Saturday afternoon, which later sparked a warning to 130 of their fellow passengers to isolate immediately.

All passengers arriving into Sydney's international airport are expected to quarantine for 14 days.

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews confirmed reports that an employee at a car rental company had overheard a conversation, picked up something wasn't right and reported the matter to authorities.

"On behalf of all Victorians, that employee has done an amazing job and we are very grateful to them and hopefully they are suitably honoured by their employer and if they don't, we certainly will," Mr Andrews said.

The car rental desks inside Melbourne airport are closed, which means the travellers would have left the terminal to walk across the road to the car hire offices."

roar 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:13 pm

Surely the question is how were they able to "skip" quarantine?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:50 pm

^

Basically it seems they bluffed their way through. Told cops that they had a flight booked to Melbourne and they were allowed to go and get on it.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:23 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Basically it seems they bluffed their way through. Told cops that they had a flight booked to Melbourne and they were allowed to go and get on it.

So they get put back on a plane and sent back. I've seen them do it on Border Security.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:54 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

So they get put back on a plane and sent back. I've seen them do it on Border Security.

There's a better write up here.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/coronavirus/melbourne-security-guard-raised-alarm-over-quarantine-bungle/news-story/40bc5d495017e0bce83caa8bbaa8824d

Seems like they weren't deliberatley trying it on, they thought they could travel to Melbourne and do quarantine here and the young cop thought they were exempted.

They won't be sent back or charged, they'll be made to quarantine for 14 days then let loose.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 19 of 66   

Jump to: