Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
well i had no idea that was illegal!!

https://www.9news.com.au/national/caringbah-south-family-fined-for-leaving-car-window-open-while-parked-outside-house/200af58b-c336-49b4-ad9b-786bb823e39b?ocid=edm-nine.com.au-ninedaily--200924&mktg_scr=edm-ninedaily

I thought that too, but it makes sense when you read that a lot of police resources are spent following up on theft of automobiles and from automobiles because people leave the windows down.

As it says, you can leave the windows open less than 5cm. Not more than that. So it make sense to be illegal to keep the windows down more than that.

TBH, I don't open the windows of the car anymore - except maybe to leave a carpark where you have to insert the card thingy or a drive through. But for normal driving, just have the aircon / climate control on.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:44 am

Good luck to those open-top sportscar owners out there!

The law has always been that it is illegal to leave the keys in. That is that. No other rule. Given the fairly high security of ignition locks and the fairly weak security of entrance locks, that makes perfect sense. Has someone changed the law? If so who, when, and in which states?

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:46 am

Mind you, NSW has always had a string Fascist streak, so maybe this is a Sydney-only thing, with the rest of the country having a bit more of a clue.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:27 am

^

Back in the 80's I had a T shirt with a picture of a pig in a Police uniform holding a wad of cash, and the caption "NSW Police, the best money can buy"

Didn't go over that well if wearing it when pulled over by plod. Embarassed

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:41 am

Makes you wonder if there are some jurisdictions where you can be fined for leaving the house with your back door unlocked (as I honestly do more often than not). It's like ... maybe being burgled is "punishment" enough?! I understand the argument that it's a drain on police resources, but it is kind of their job! (And it makes you wonder how much of a deterrent it would be to actually report the crime in the first place, if you know you're going to get a fine thrown into the bargain.)
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:51 am

David wrote:
I understand the argument that it's a drain on police resources, but it is kind of their job! (And it makes you wonder how much of a deterrent it would be to actually report the crime in the first place, if you know you're going to get a fine thrown into the bargain.)

And rightly so.

Also, we should start jailing sick people for being a drain on hospital resources.

And young people for being a drain on the education system.

Oh, and old people for being a drain on the age care system. Not to mention dead people for being a drain on cemeteries and crematoria. And we really, really need to start jailing prisoners for being a drain on the justice system.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:19 pm

Tannin wrote:
Good luck to those open-top sportscar owners out there!

The law has always been that it is illegal to leave the keys in. That is that. No other rule. Given the fairly high security of ignition locks and the fairly weak security of entrance locks, that makes perfect sense. Has someone changed the law? If so who, when, and in which states?

it amazes me when i see people park their cars with the top down. i always always put mine up when i park somewhere, unless its in my garage! the one time i tried to be cool and do it at my inlaws when i first got it, it started pouring!! not just theft though, bird shit!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:20 pm

David wrote:
Makes you wonder if there are some jurisdictions where you can be fined for leaving the house with your back door unlocked (as I honestly do more often than not). It's like ... maybe being burgled is "punishment" enough?! I understand the argument that it's a drain on police resources, but it is kind of their job! (And it makes you wonder how much of a deterrent it would be to actually report the crime in the first place, if you know you're going to get a fine thrown into the bargain.)

anyone with a brain would break a window or lock, if its bad enough to report and claim on, claim a window/door too! they dont send CSI out for a stolen tv and a couple of watches!!

as for my weird finger brace, its fricken amazing, im not admitting to how much i can do in it, about time i got some help around here! The joint is not tight anymore, im allowed to take it off for 2 hours a day, but only when sitting in front of the idiot box so i dont accidently bend it. typnhg iz dfficulty! bldy keys k33p movngi

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:28 pm

I know the Archibald Prize is already a bit of a joke, but this winner takes the cake:

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2020/sep/25/archibald-prize-2020-winner-portrait-vincent-namatjira-adam-goodes

Yeah yeah, painting isn't all about realism ... or, er, accurate proportions. But come on, this obviously sucks. Seeing people celebrate this online feels like a real "emperor's new clothes" moment and honestly a bit of an insult to Indigenous artists (not least the painter's great-grandfather, the legendary Albert Namatjira).

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:22 pm

politically correct decision. obviously. i know nothing about art, but to my mind thats not it. I agree its insulting.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:33 pm

I'm reading my post again and realising that I've basically turned into Jack_Spain from ten years ago. Laughing And of course I'm sure Andrew Bolt et al will pull out their usual rants over this. Still, I'd love for someone to explain to me how this is good, even under the elastic criteria of a publicity-oriented portraiture prize.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:38 pm

No Comment.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:06 pm

Well, that's one way to trash the brand.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:29 pm

I am pretty sure that most insurers won't cover you when you have left your car or house unlocked. No forced entry = no claim.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:39 pm

Bucks5 wrote:
I am pretty sure that most insurers won't cover you when you have left your car or house unlocked. No forced entry = no claim.

which is why you should fake it if you can!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 17 of 66   

Jump to: