Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65, 66  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ The Guardian is a fabulous source of carefully evaluated news and special reporting. I think you spend too much energy worrying about the regular “commentators”, many of whom give everyone the shits. By contrast, you can’t actually trust the Murdoch news reportage because the bias is embedded in the reporting.

Pretty much all sources of news have some level of bias embedded in it. That's why I don't rely on any single source. I read the Herald Sun, The Age and ABC news online so I think that gives me a balanced coverage.

Kingsofclutch 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:43 pm

Robbo is the most balanced writer at the HUN, pretty much sums them up.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:26 pm

Robbo is the worst of their sports journo's. Absolute fool.
Kingsofclutch 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:31 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Robbo is the worst of their sports journo's. Absolute fool.

Correct.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:13 pm

I was overseas and grabbing a coffee and the best choice was Starbucks (yeah I know) and a young woman came in and asked,"Do you have anything without Coffee?". My thought was WTAF and said, "They have water". I did get a nasty look.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:57 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

You do realise that the Murdoch Media doesn't turn people into mouth breathing far right fanatics any more than the Guardian turns people into far Left mouth breathing fanatics?

Both just pander to their readership demographics, both have little real influence. People gravitate to news sources that reinforce their pre existing views, the stupid ones get all their news from a single source that does that.

As I've said before, if Murdoch had a fraction of the power that some people claim he has, Labor would never get elected.

But without their campaign against the Murdoch media they’d have nothing else to blame when Labor do lose elections. Rather than accept Bill Shortens campaign was shit and policies no one liked, they blamed the media for reporting on them. KRudd still hates them for exposing him as an incompetent fraud.

It’s Murdoch fault the people of Victoria learnt the truth about Dans major Covid **** ups, without that meddling media we’d still believe Covid spread due to Victorians doing the wrong thing.

The lefties just want the world to believe everything they say is fact and no one can dare question them.

The funniest part is their largest viewership comes from those who hate it.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:06 pm

House across the road from mine sold at Auction this morning for just over $1.2M. Shocked

4 tiny bedrooms, it's been presented well inside, newish kitchen and bathroom, next to no yard, just a tidied up 50's weatherboard.

I'll be fascinated to see what happens, you couldn't pay that much to knock it down, surely, the block would barely fit 2 townhouses.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:02 pm

It’s interesting house prices, the place next door to mums, 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom and 15 years older went for 850,000 yet our 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom couldn’t get more than 650,000 so said no thanks. Both of these were 5-10 years back.

But on knocking down, place across the road wanted to knock down and build 2 townhouses on corner block, got rejected by council so they’re adding a second storey to main house and knocking down part of the back and building 1 new townhouse in backyard.

My nans place given the area should fetch over a million, but feel it’s unlikely in its current state so better to live in it and enjoy rather than sell for under value. Next door which is newer, 2 storey 4 bedroom family home just recently got 1.5 million and they held out for what they wanted.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:37 pm

Yeah, you never know what will appeal to people. Talking to my neighbour (who makes it his business to know everyone's business) the joint was bought by a wine maker/seller from Echuca who is going to move in with her adult kids.

By Echuca standards it's probably pretty schmick. my place inside is shit by comparison, my kitchen and bathroom would have Shanna Blaze collapsing on on the floor, but they work for me and I'm not interested in selling, for now.

When I do, they'll buy for land value and run a bulldozer through, so I have no incentive to dress up to sell.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:11 pm

David wrote:
think positive wrote:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-25/baby-from-nirvana-nevermind-album-cover-sues-band/100406408

at first thought WTF

but then really did they need his penis in the photo? why not shop it out?

he has a tattoo of the album name on his chest and recreates the photo so whats his motive?
surely though at $150K they will just pay it for a non disclosure note?

As people used to say, "only in America" (although I think America has been doing a good job of exporting its singular pathologies in recent years).

Quote:
"I've recently been thinking, 'What if I wasn't OK with my freaking penis being shown to everybody?' I didn't really have a choice," he said.

I'm sensing a trend emerging (also present in that article I posted on the previous page about the guy in a consensual relationship with a rich older woman who later claimed to be exploited) in which people imagine themselves to be victims – not because they actually feel victimised, but because they think in theory someone else could feel victimised in their position, so it's only fair that they should be treated as a victim too. In both cases, they give it away with their own language: there's a big difference between "I really don't feel okay" and "What if I wasn't okay?"

I guess the prospect of winning tens of thousands of dollars in a court case makes the latter hypothetical more enticing to entertain.

The fact that this court case is back on now as a result of a successful appeal is a major "WTF" in its own right.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/dec/22/us-court-revives-lawsuit-accusing-nirvana-of-sexual-exploitation-over-nevermind-album-cover

Worth noting though that this finding is more about whether statutes of limitation apply than any actual merits of the case.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:44 pm

think positive wrote:
So they came back this arvo, trying to knock off a bird thing from a ceramic picture my father-in-law made, that’s in our front yard. I hit the siren and screamed at them, they took off like a rocket! Arrived here 1 hour later and went for a walk. Tracked em down via my neighbour 100 metres down the rd in a court. Apparently they zig zag down the street all over the place, no shoes, the youngest couldn’t be older than 5, I reckon the other is 7. Dad was out the front, I think he had an inkling something was up. I said hi, do you have 2 little boys that ride scooters? Yep. Well I’m sorry but I have some security footage to show you, they tried to get into my house, and they came back twice. I told him I hit the siren and called them little arseholes! I said sorry but I was pretty pissed off! Told him I wouldn’t do anything with the footage, but I wouldn’t delete it, I just don’t want them to come back, and also, the next person might not be so understanding, they could get hurt. I thought he was going to burst into tears, said he would up their medication and lock them in the house. WTAF! Geezus. I said I’m sorry they have issues, and I hope it gets better, shook hands and left.

I thought I handled it well, something had to be said, but omg, how $�$%^%%$ sad.

Got here last night and the across the road neighbour told me someone is taking 5 fence paining off of fences in the new estate across the road, (yes, always 5!)and stealing a few things, then a young couple woke up to him in their bedroom.

Apparently the cops knew who it was but I’m guessing not enough evidence.

So about an hour ago, there is people everywhere in this quiet street, cars circling the lock and then 4 cop cars show up and the police helicopter joins in!

I was watching Ginnie in my pjs, so I didn’t go up the street, hubby went to get wine and guess which house the cops were at?

Not sure who they took away, dad or the brats or both, not sure if connected, butWOW! I still have the video!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:38 pm

Rupert Murdoch is getting married again at 92 years old. Shocked She is 67 (which I suppose is better than some ditzy top heavy 30 year old) but still, Ewwwww.

Just put the cue in the rack dude.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:53 pm

Had to do a quick run to The Good Guys this arvo, needed a digital clock and fan for the Grandsons room as he's coming over tomorrow for a couple of nights. I gave his clock to Mum when hers broke and forgot to replace it til now.

Anyway, almost home, traffic is quiet cos it's fkn hot, and there's this poor deliver rider on his battery pushie trundling along. He's got long pants, a Hi Vis long sleeve coat which must have been working like a portable sauna, his delivery back pack on his back and, as I passed him after we both turned right at a roundabout, open toed sandals on his feet and a surgical mask on his face. Shocked

Seriously dude, Sandals? How to lose some toes. And a surgical mask? Unless it was to keep bugs out of his mouth I don't get it, you aint gonna catch covid when you're no where near people.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:42 pm

Rain! Geez it's been bucketing down here. They've shut the underground and it's pretty slow going.

Weather in the Goldfields/Eucla area is the most bizarre I've worked in. Last swing we had a 49 degree day, this week it's low 20's and pissing down.

Good thing here is, after a hot day it cools off as soon as the sun starts to go down. Speaks volumes for the vegetation effect.

About 50 k's from Balladonia

http://www.bom.gov.au/wa/forecasts/balladonia.shtml

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:48 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Rupert Murdoch is getting married again at 92 years old. Shocked She is 67 (which I suppose is better than some ditzy top heavy 30 year old) but still, Ewwwww.

Just put the cue in the rack dude.

Eh. I mean, he personally may be Satan incarnate, but I have no issue in general with geriatrics still having a love life. When my grandmother was in her late 80s / early 90s, she met a widower of the same age in the retirement village she was living in and seemingly developed a romantic relationship with him, and I think that's kind of lovely honestly. Wouldn't have had an issue if they'd made it formal, and I think the only people who were spooked by that prospect were my aunt and uncle, who were seemingly upset by the prospect of it affecting their inheritance payout. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 64 of 66   

Jump to: