Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
No, the outrage is from dumbarses who wouldn't know a joke if it jumped out of the Pacific and bit them on the arse.

Anyone who has watched GoT knows exactly what Clarkson is joking about.

I wonder how many pin heads watched Queen Cersei being paraded through the streets and thought, "that's inciting violence against woman"? I'm outraged.

You wonder why Brits care about what Meghan is saying. It's the same as how Collingwood supporters feel when others attacked Eddie over everything, .

this,

i said from day one she would she would be the beginning of the end, shes a fame whore and hes not even royal! havent and wont watch it.

Im a Brit, no matter what citizenship or passport i have, and whats they have done is unforgivable. Bad mouthing his brother, knowing full well that William will not defend himself.

but im not much of a royalist now the Queen is dead, ill never forgive Charles for killing Diana, bring on the republic!

But dont bad mouth my Queen, and Her true grandson and his elegant wife!

i havent watch GOT, but Clarkson always makes me laugh! at least hes honest!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:18 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
Idiots at the soccer last night.

Was supposed to be a fan walkout in protest at the decision to have the GF in Sydney for the next 3 years but these morons had other ideas.

Taking flares to the game and wearing balaclavas to the game as to not be identified. They are not supporters or fans just hooligans looking to cause trouble.

Always the minority who spoil it for everyone else.

my sister has been saying for weeks this is going to happen. but the people in the ivory tower didnt listen! hope they catch them all, but seriously, what a $£$%^%%$ idiot for tossing it back into the crowd! that was always going to end well! prosecute the lot of em, the game is criminal anyway, 2 fricken hours hardly any goals! ugh, no thanks, at least rugby has the occasional beef cake to look at, im looking at you johnny!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:21 pm

David wrote:
I genuinely can’t comprehend being so invested in defending the reputation of the British Royal Family that you get angry about a former prince’s wife for saying mean (probably true) things about them.

Even more cringe than being an Elon Musk fanboy, imo.

Without Starlink, Ukraine would be completely fooked.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:45 pm

No doubt some of the organisations he’s associated with have done some good work, with Starlink’s Ukraine operations being the gold-star example in recent years. But the way some people talk about it, you’d think Musk was running Tesla and SpaceX single-handed and was personally responsible for all of their achievements. In this case, SpaceX saw a big PR opportunity and took it, and helped a lot of people out along the way. Good for them.

And while I don’t think much of Musk as a person or as a businessman, I have no issue with giving him credit where it’s due. There’s a big distinction between that and being sucked in by his hype machine, as his cheersquad on Twitter have been.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:52 pm

his "cheersquad" on twitter voted for him to stand down as CEO.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:12 pm

I'm not sure who's at fault here. The performers or the parents for taking children.

While promoted for all ages, I think "tits in a box" is testing the boundaries of what is appropriate and what isn't for kids.

https://floridianpress.com/2022/12/drag-queen-christmas-comes-to-florida-gets-shamed-by-local-desantis-supporter/

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:59 pm

As much as I can't take any of these Helen Lovejoy-style Republican hand-wringers seriously, I have to say that I've always found the whole notion of "drag queen story hour" (and other attempts to turn drag shows into family entertainment) a little perplexing ... like, I don't even know where the impulse to put these events on comes from?

My understanding of drag queen shows was that they have traditionally functioned as transgressive and raunchy entertainment – which makes perfect sense in a gay club, stand-up comedy gig or whatever. That's the point, and that's what makes it fun. And the videos posted in that link are certainly in keeping with that vibe. But why advertise it as an all-ages show then?

I guess it depends on how young these "children" (none of whom I actually saw in the videos I skimmed through) actually are. If they're teens, then they've almost certainly seen much more full-on stuff already in movies, TV and the internet, and this is a massive storm in a teacup. But I can't imagine you'd bring, like, a five-year-old to something like this, and I assume most parents – no matter how much they may personally be into drag shows – would exercise that judgement accordingly.

Whether or not there's a serious debate to be had here, it doesn't help that the guys complaining about these shows are the worst people in the world. You can be sure that this is all part of a broader conservative American hysteria about elite paedophile cabals, plots to turn all the kids trans and so on, and those sentiments shouldn't be given the time of day. And equally, I understand the impulse – if indeed this is the reasoning – among libs to double-down on these shows, make the survival of "drag queen story hour" a hill to die on (maybe even the next frontier of gay rights), and keep trying to trigger the wingnuts in the process in the knowledge that this stuff drives them crazy. But one can't help but wonder if some common sense has been lost in the process.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:36 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
I'm not sure who's at fault here. The performers or the parents for taking children.

While promoted for all ages, I think "tits in a box" is testing the boundaries of what is appropriate and what isn't for kids.

https://floridianpress.com/2022/12/drag-queen-christmas-comes-to-florida-gets-shamed-by-local-desantis-supporter/

The show should have had an 18 plus rating surely, and if the parents didn’t realise what kind of show it was before buying a family ticket, they should gave walked when they realised.

I usedto love lay girls or what ever it was called, it was a fun show, but urns not a kids show

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:38 pm

So Netanyahu is back, the West's version of Putin.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:06 pm

Where does the West begin and end? Because those two (countries as well as leaders) have a lot in common, I reckon, particularly the new coalition government that's come in:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-resumes-role-as-pm-as-israels-most-hardline-government-ever-takes-office/

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:31 pm

^ good point. Israel isn't really the West.

And in only a few days, there is already talk about Israel establishing illegal settlements in the Golan Heights.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:04 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
^ good point. Israel isn't really the West.

And in only a few days, there is already talk about Israel establishing illegal settlements in the Golan Heights.

If anyone is prepared to have any number of political lies and illusions debunked by an itellectual, have a listen to Noam Chomsky.
He's long been a thorn in the establishments directive.

Noam Chomsky - Why Does the U.S. Support Israel?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUQ_0MubbcM&ab_channel=Chomsky%27sPhilosophy

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:49 pm

Rolling Stone Top 200 singers was released with Celine Dion being overlooked. Apparently Bob Dylan is a better singer 😳 than Celine. So speaking lyrics makes you a better singer than someone who actually sings!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:09 pm

If "best Singer" was purely about rating vocal skills, Dylan wouldn't make the top 1000.

If it's about "Singer" as an artist, Dylan craps on Dion from a great height.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:49 pm

Correct weight. And as with many of these things, entirely likely that different respondents to the poll had entirely different criteria in mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 53 of 66   

Jump to: