Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
David wrote:
A … 5-year-old gave a teacher an uppercut!? Shocked

Times have certainly changed!

And made a slit your throat action! Too many parents seem to think it’s the schools job to teach manners and discipline, things kids should know before they attend school.

Well, sounds like those parents are certainly teaching the kid something. Sad

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:17 am

None of it good. He barely speaks English, free loading (mates with). Imagine that poor child’s mind. Imagine the kids sitting next to him.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:50 pm

This morning the uncooperative grade 5 brother was in juniors class. From the get go she smiled, greeted him, noted his soccer ball, and included a couple of soccer skill games, he voluntarily joined in! She played along with them and ge made a beeline for her repeatedly and onthe way out he said ‘thanks miss, see ya’! I always knew she would be a teacher that makes a difference.

Meanwhile the youngest caused so much havoc by recess he was suspended for 2 days! Day 2 of prep! Gees!

#26 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:01 pm

think positive wrote:
So junior has been working as a PE teacher for 10 days, up til today only 1 really feral kid who is in grade 1. He simply refuses to do anything. In any class. 1st day of prep, and the latest sweetheart brother started school. He hit three teachers including junior, gave the deputy head an uppercut and made a throat slitting motion to her. in the morning mum said she wouldn’t get him at 1, he could wait for his brothers! They called her in at 11, she talked on the phone the entire time she was in the office, refused to hang up! WTAF! Thankfully the head is being proactive with reporting!

A call to Child Protection would smarten her up. Unless she's already been there, done that and still doesn't care. Shocked
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:41 pm

Well 2 reports the first 2 days of prep I’m guessing it’s coming!

AnotherWTF, I’m driving onthe freeway nearly at Wallace, up a steep hill, the truck in front looks odd. Like it had a printed door with parcels on it, but only the LHS, I get closer and realize the parcels boxes whatever are real and inching towards the edge! Yes the door was flapping in the wind! I speed along side beep beep beep, not sure if anyone else had tried but the women in the tiny convertible got his attention!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:32 pm

so his third day of grade prep (he was suspended for wed and thursday) poor ol jubior had to contain him for the first 2 classes as she was on prep support! at recess he did a hit and run on a random teacher, so his mum was called up again. so for 4 weeks he is only allowed in class for the first 2 classes, she said but then he gets what he wants, she should be putting him in a room with pen and paper and nothing else, and not sitting him in front of the telly or giving him an ipad to play on!! hopefully the inconvenience makes her decide he really does need boundaries. on another note junior managed to get him reading in 5 min spurts between taking off out of class. she stopped him in his tracks on the third go, she said "race you" and left him trailing, so that got his attention!!!

i really feel for this kid, he didnt go to kinder ot anything, but he speaks more english than he lets on.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:51 am

1st day of the new 2 hour at school rules and he is sent home after 1.5, a couple more hits then got a hold of some scissors, almost got another student. would not surprise me to hear a bunch of mothers were at the principles office this morning, id pull my kid out of the class until hes gone. cant wait til he turns 6!!!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:36 am

Friday he lasted just 30 min! Surely DHS. Step in now!

The land swap across the road from our beach house is in full swing, 3 new houses just started this week, 2 directly across from and a gap between them. Sign went up on it yesterday, so I googled the asking price. In 2017 we paid 165k for this block, 2019 the slightly smaller blocks across the road sold for 265-285k, it’s just under 500sq metres, listed for 513-530k!! No views, and our view of the bay is about to disappear! Junior works with the girlfriend of the son of the people who bought opposite us, they just started building and are getting offers every week! Just crazy! Yet the lifestyles properties around here have dropped an average of 100k. Granted some were seriously inflated.

Got to feel for kids starting out.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:43 am

Yes, it’s weird. The property next to ours in Port was about 600 m2. It was subdivided. The owner built a two-storey house on the front block and sold off the back one. The back one is “bigger” - except that it’s “additional” size is mostly the lengthy driveway down to the rear. Anyway, it’s officially 354 m2. A builder bought the land for about $220k and put up another 2-storey house on the back block. It’s probably neatly done but it has no backyard. The back is maybe 2 m (but probably less) from the rear fence and the “view” of the sea is around the outside of the appalling blank rear facade of the house in front (which is, of course, the direct view) up the driveway over the trees and other houses and around the powerlines. It sold last weekend for $1.41 M. Seriously, I reckon my back lily pond is bigger (and the two-storey shed I keep my work tools in certainly is). Scary stuff. It’s nowhere near the City, of course - but people obviously think they’re playing Monopoly.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:45 am

Prices everywhere are crazy.

At BBQ with friends yesterday a few of us where talking about possible downsizing as kids move out of home. Consensus was that we all like where we are living, nice areas, good neighbours, close to amenities. For us we could sell but to buy in the same area there would be no benefit - I am not interested in a sea or tree change.

The kids will have to wait until we drop of the perch then they can split the house b/w them.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:36 pm

The modern trend is huge houses with no back yards. Indoor entertaining. Kids don't have a yard to play in so parents were going nuts during lockdown.

When I go for my morning walk I like to look at the houses and gardens. This morning I did 5km down thru Macleod and back up on the east side of the highway. In Watsonia we have the great divide between east and west with the Greensborough highway down the middle.

The West side where I live was characterised by double fronted 3 bedroom weatherboard built in the 50's and 60's on large blocks. The current trend here is to sell the back yard for Duel Occupancy or knock down rebuild with either a new house or 2-3 double story townhouses.

Much of Macleod is newer with smaller blocks but winding through the side streets there's a lot of newer McMansions popping up.

Flick over to East Watsonia, a large part of the old houses were Army housing built for the married soldiers at Watsonia Barracks. Late 60's early 70's plain brick 3 BR on smaller blocks. Enough yard for smaller kids to run around but not much.

From memory a lot of the Army houses were sold off a decade or 2 ago, looks like a lot of them are now rentals characterised by a front yard that has no garden, 2 foot high weeds for a lawn and broken kids toys and play equipment littered through the weeds.

Amazing the difference a few hundred metres makes.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:24 pm

Watching Pawnstars. It never ceases to amaze me how people think they can get retail price by selling something to a Pawn Shop.

FFS, their business model is basically buy at <50% of retail and aim to sell at retail.

If you want retail price, put it on Facebook or ebay

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:10 pm

yup! stupid show!!! hubby loves it!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:08 pm

https://www.iflscience.com/technology/company-offers-employees-pods-to-masturbate-in-complete-with-vr-headsets/

Bags not doing the cleaning. Shocked

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:39 pm

oh yuk, im not even clicking on it, i feel dirty and in need of a shower!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 42 of 66   

Jump to: