Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Users browsing this topic:1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: Magpietothemax

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Got home from work today and discovered I'd left the front door unlocked all day. Confused
WTF indeed.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:20 am

Balls - Of - Steel

https://twitter.com/andrewbogut/status/1306479209406058497

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:36 pm

well i was disappointed, i wanted to see that scene from the romancing the stone movie!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:45 am

well i had no idea that was illegal!!

https://www.9news.com.au/national/caringbah-south-family-fined-for-leaving-car-window-open-while-parked-outside-house/200af58b-c336-49b4-ad9b-786bb823e39b?ocid=edm-nine.com.au-ninedaily--200924&mktg_scr=edm-ninedaily

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:59 am

That's insane. How on earth can that be a law?

Quote:
Chief Inspector Phillip Brooks, from the NSW Police Traffic and Highway Patrol, said while it was often an unpopular move to enforce fines in this area, it was a tool police had at their disposal to deter thieves and raise awareness among motorists.

"In northern NSW, for example, there is a high incidence of vehicle theft. Police on foot patrol will see an unlocked vehicle and respond to that as a deterrence factor," he said.

"When they do those operations, which they do infrequently, it causes an amount of community concern but the potential media opportunity that comes out of that concern obviously creates an awareness for the benefit of others."

W
T
F

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:06 pm

^

And it's not a fkn Truck, stop calling it a truck when it's not. It may be a 4WD, SUV or something similar but by the picture in that article it's not a fkn truck.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:04 pm

Yeah I thought the sam3 thing. Bu5 gees that’s bananas even law abiding me would fight that one!

So about 9 weeks ago I broke my middle finger on my left hand, I put a splint on it for a few weeks, but it wasn’t healing, and the top knuckle was toasted too, in fact the three middle fingers were all bruised. I went to a shitty physio who after 4 weeks said I can’t do much more, go to the Melbourne hand rehab centre. Like who knew! My finger was actually worse, it won’t straighten and I clean my teeth like a 3 year old. So the Canadian physio at the rehab place dips my hand 3 times in wax, it felt like an episode of criminal minds, then she lets it set s little and leans on my finger to straighten it! And it worked! Almost pain free! She then got out a piece of plastic stuff, cut it too the length of my finger, fried it in a pan and moulded it in place, finished off using a heat gun to attach clips for Velcro to hold it in place. And for the first time in 2 months it doesn’t hurt! When they said a custom brace I had no idea! Clever!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:13 pm

Sounds brilliant Very Happy
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:27 pm

The splint or the wax? I went criminal minds, your thinking pussie cat dolls yeah?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:34 pm

think positive wrote:
The splint or the wax? I went criminal minds, your thinking pussie cat dolls yeah?

I’ve had my hands in hot wax before to treat my Rheumatoid Arthritis when I had a flare up some years ago. It’s bloody hot! But worked a treat when I had the treatment.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:44 pm

I'm just thinking it sounds friggin weird but it worked.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:05 pm

Oh it was weird! They didn’t have skin coloured plastic so I went with that really bright blue and shocking pink velcro! Surely someone will let me push in somewhere with that!

The arthritis treatment sounds good, til the quack gets back from the AFL hub I could use that for my knee, it’s starting to really smart! He’s Collingwood Doctor, so how long will I need to wait guys? ....!

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:52 pm

Nice, I wish I’d done something about my finger I damaged at cricket training a few years back, never been right and even today it can play up and be painful. Crickets made a lot of my fingers a bit bent!

My WTF moment was I got a call today from Rockingham, WA. The message was from Rockingham Council about my application for a new pool.

Sounds great to me!

But I rang her back and said I think you’ve got the wrong number as I’m in Victoria!!! Oh she said, no worries have a good day!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:19 am

thats weird, on your mobile? otherwise that is a hard mistake to make!

yeah netball is bad for fingers, ive stuffed a few tendons, snapped one in half, and broken 3 fingers, the little one was the most painful. this one is like bruised sore rather than agony, but it was bent at quite an angle - they have a little ruler thing that actually measures the angle before and after, it was a pretty big difference. have to go back next week to straighten it as bit more, then hopefully i can work on strengthening it. all of my fingers bent back hard when i fell, so im pretty lucky, actually really lucky, i was skunk drunk at my sisters and fell in the fire, i put my hand out and managed to hit a bit of door i had just put on the top of the fire and had not started to burn!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:05 am

The hand wax for my rheumatoid was symptomatic treatment only and needed at the time but was only a small part of an overall strategy. This included medications, exercise (with a physiotherapist and exercise physiologist) assisted a lot at the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 16 of 66   

Jump to: