Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Cleaning out Mum’s place bringing a range of emotions. Mrs WPT has been grand. Got a rubbish truck coming on Tuesday, then hope to get a small furniture truck to come on Tuesday pm to take things for storage for two months by which time I hope to go through paintings etc, books and do a second cull.

Going through dairies, journals, photos, all manner of things. Took me two weeks to go through all her paperwork as like a lot of older people she kept stuff, receipts, documents, friggin hell she had a lot of stuff ( sad and a relief too)

Weird doing this when she’s still alive

We’ll pay for cleaning ready for the agent to sell; need the $ to pay for the bond for Mum’s Aged Care Facility and their ongoing fees. Otherwise it becomes an expensive daily fee.

I’ve been spending a lot of time doing this so it’ll be a relief when it’s all finished.

hugs mate, its a horrible job that also takes you on a journey through their lives. . we sold my inlaws place in the nick of time- its now surrounded by slow moving construction for the new tunnel. ironically, while the inlaws estate is largely wrapped up in my FIL nursing home fees, my dad had nothing, im doing his finances and he now has savings. its a weird system. meanwhile i think my nickname at the home is 2dads!!

all the best with it, hope the market treats you well.

Cheers. It’s some journey isn’t it? Today the rubbish was removed and we threw out lots. Paid for a truck load to go to the local op shop raising $ for “special needs” kids. Got to go to the tip for electrical stuff, plastics and paper. Then the cleaner tomorrow while I take boxes of books to a second hand book shop near by.

I’ve gotta promise my kids that I’ll become a Buddhist & renounce worldly possessions. My friggin knees going up & down those stairs. Back to work on Thursday after a week off to sort out Mum’s stuff.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:01 pm

Brilliant photos TP: stunning
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:22 pm

thanks Mate,

and i know what you mean, I said the same thing, get rid of the crap well before they have to get rid of me!!!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:47 pm

^

The old girl has had 2 good clean outs now.

1st one was after Dad died and she moved house. Threw out a lot of stuff, gave other stuff to charity so the move to the new house didn't take clutter.

2nd was the move down here. Moving in with me, I already had everything plus more so more throwing stuff out and giving to charity and I still ended up with a removalist truck full of stuff still sitting in my shed.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:23 pm

Hehehe it’s hard to do
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:49 pm

My clean up plan is simple, start smoking again.

1 lit cigarette absent mindedly left on the bar, with around 45 litres of different spirits should give a kaboom that Marvin the martian would be happy with.

A cleared block would be worth more than the house and land.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:07 pm

My mum turned 84 today!

COVID birthday party just me and her - a little orange cake cupcake with a candle, big bunch of Singapore orchids, her favourite moscato and choccies and a nice seafood and avocado crepe for her dinner!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:21 pm

Morrigu wrote:
My mum turned 84 today!

COVID birthday party just me and her - a little orange cake cupcake with a candle, big bunch of Singapore orchids, her favourite moscato and choccies and a nice seafood and avocado crepe for her dinner!

Awwwww, shit you're good.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:25 pm

Happy birthday indeed,
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:53 pm

Morrigu wrote:
My mum turned 84 today!

Happy Birthday to your mum.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:05 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Cleaning out Mum’s place bringing a range of emotions. Mrs WPT has been grand. Got a rubbish truck coming on Tuesday, then hope to get a small furniture truck to come on Tuesday pm to take things for storage for two months by which time I hope to go through paintings etc, books and do a second cull.

Going through dairies, journals, photos, all manner of things. Took me two weeks to go through all her paperwork as like a lot of older people she kept stuff, receipts, documents, friggin hell she had a lot of stuff ( sad and a relief too)

Weird doing this when she’s still alive

We’ll pay for cleaning ready for the agent to sell; need the $ to pay for the bond for Mum’s Aged Care Facility and their ongoing fees. Otherwise it becomes an expensive daily fee.

I’ve been spending a lot of time doing this so it’ll be a relief when it’s all finished.

hugs mate, its a horrible job that also takes you on a journey through their lives. . we sold my inlaws place in the nick of time- its now surrounded by slow moving construction for the new tunnel. ironically, while the inlaws estate is largely wrapped up in my FIL nursing home fees, my dad had nothing, im doing his finances and he now has savings. its a weird system. meanwhile i think my nickname at the home is 2dads!!

all the best with it, hope the market treats you well.

Cheers. It’s some journey isn’t it? Today the rubbish was removed and we threw out lots. Paid for a truck load to go to the local op shop raising $ for “special needs” kids. Got to go to the tip for electrical stuff, plastics and paper. Then the cleaner tomorrow while I take boxes of books to a second hand book shop near by.

I’ve gotta promise my kids that I’ll become a Buddhist & renounce worldly possessions. My friggin knees going up & down those stairs. Back to work on Thursday after a week off to sort out Mum’s stuff.

If she’s anything like my dad and his parents, I hope you checked every book and every pocket before throwing anything! They had a habit of hiding money everywhere.

My grandmother has taken nearly 12 months before she has finally agreed to let us start throwing out some of my grandpas stuff. We did a hard rubbish the other week with her not here, but I wouldn’t let Mum throw out some things I thought Nan would be sentimental about.

When asked since she said yes they can go as well as the clothes. Will be checking the pockets first. But she won’t let us get rid of the books or bookshelves until she is gone, although she can’t read them, she has an attachment to them.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:35 pm

^

Yeah my mum does that. When she was cleaning up the first time after dad died, she found a few grand stashed in various things in various places that she'd forgotten she'd stashed. Laughing

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:39 pm

^

I’ve spent some time looking whilst staying at Nans Wink but the main hiding spot they had we’d have never found, but was only told of it after they removed the money after they got robbed. Thieves never would have found it either, but it got them scared enough to put it in the bank. However they put the empty tin back!!!

But I’m sure there is still some they’ve forgotten. There is one thing Nan said years ago that givens me an area to search but haven’t been able to get to it, yet!

I won’t touch the money, but want to know if it’s there. But my sister also reckons Grandpa would take money from the pockets of pants in his wardrobe so they’ll all be checked before shipped to the op shop.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:45 pm

he, i find money and stuff in my pockets id forgotten about. god help my kids, there will be a rhubarb pie in my knicker drawer the way im going!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:24 pm

Arm felt a little better today so I went shopping for a new chair. Didn't find any heads, shoulders, knees, wrists or toes but I did get a chair. Ex Office Furniture in Thomastown had a good selection of new ones. One really schmick one was on special. $525 assembled or $375 in the box, assemble it yourself.

Tried out the assembled one, really good. High back, ergonomic adjustable, goes a lot higher than my old one which I really liked. Sold. The one in the box that is.

Put it together this arvo now my arm hurts again but this will really help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 7 of 100   

Jump to: