Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

You should get your mum arail for the shower, bloody dangerous falling in bathrooms
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:22 pm

Where did that come from? Shocked

Not putting a rail in, I replaced the shower head a few weeks back so you can use it as a hand shower and I have a shower stool in the shed I bought when she first went home after hip replacement surgery if I need it.

Works great.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:07 pm

think positive wrote:
You should get your mum arail for the shower, bloody dangerous falling in bathrooms

I did a user requirement for Mum and Dads bathroom which included removing the bath and putting in rails and lowering cupboards etc. (I used to do user requirements for the Army. We submitted it to the local council and they went to quote for it and it was approved except for a few non essential desirable things and it was awarded to a local plumber. All it cost them was a cup of tea, a few sandwiches at lunch and a stubby of beer at the end of the day for 4 days.

There is Federal fun ding to keep the elderly in their own homes but administered locally. Might be worth a look at Stui. It might be looked at favourably if it gives local tradespeople work in the current environment

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:19 pm

Cheers Ron, I don't use or get funding I just do shit myself.

When I was a single parent raising 2 kids the ex got all the funding, I got nothing but it was worth it.

when Mum busted her hip me and my son did the stuff required to the house in a weekend for bugger all. The OT ticked it all off and it all worked and cost bugger all again. These days I could probably get the government to do it and pay thousands.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:49 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Where did that come from? Shocked

Not putting a rail in, I replaced the shower head a few weeks back so you can use it as a hand shower and I have a shower stool in the shed I bought when she first went home after hip replacement surgery if I need it.

Works great.

I read your earlier post about her shredding the shower curtains!

ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:49 am

Stui, The council put a bid in for 15000 bucks which included a project manager. A plumber 3 doors up put a biid in for 3000. The old bath became a plant nursery in the back yard and the tradies left the ute there and walked home . Father and son.

The main thing I wanted was the ability for carers in the future to put wheelchairs into the bathroom and rails to help folks get off toilets rtc.

The lowering of Dads shaving mirror took 5 minutes . Council quoted 250 dollars for that/

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:29 pm

From 1 generation to the other, Daughter quit her job. Company changed some things, she decided %$^$%^&%% that and resigned. Plan was to finish some study she's doing and work part time for a while.

She finished her old job last week, she starts her new job next week.

With the payout of long service and annual leave she could afford to take some time off but that's never been her style. That'll go in the bank for ron.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:14 am

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/apr/14/call-my-agent-netflix-french-comedy-fifth-season-movie
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:48 am

Pumpkins from our garden 😊
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:22 am

stui magpie wrote:
From 1 generation to the other, Daughter quit her job. Company changed some things, she decided %$^�$%^&%% that and resigned. Plan was to finish some study she's doing and work part time for a while.

She finished her old job last week, she starts her new job next week.

With the payout of long service and annual leave she could afford to take some time off but that's never been her style. That'll go in the bank for ron.

Good on her 👍

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:24 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Pumpkins from our garden 😊
you have gravity problems I see, nice pumpkin
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:29 pm

Had a call yesterday from the recruitment agent who got me my current job. She was checking in how I was going and asked if I'd be interested in a 12 month contract elsewhere.

I declined, said I would see out my contract where I am then look around. Given the reason I'm there and their budget issues going forward I don't hold out much hope of an extension but I want to honour the contract and not leave them in the lurch by leaving early.

Had a chat with the boss shortly after, told her about the conversation and checked the likelihood of an extension. She's going to check but as expected it's not likely but the good bit was she'd make me permanent if she could. So if they have a vacancy in the near future I'd be first cab off the rank. I'm happy with that as a) I like the place and b) It's nice positive feedback.

Now I've got my mojo back, seems like I have skills that are in demand so I'm going to take the future 1 step at a time and not stress. The future will look after itself.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:41 pm

well done!!

about to go start cleaning the eldest house which settled yesterday, just had our friendly agent (he sold our other house and gives me marvel tickets!!) go through this place, and since the rent out our rental for us, give us estimates, he said I have the neatest pantry he has ever seen! not bad for a 2 hour very fast complete house, clean up - and I didnt touch the pantry!

so Stui does your holiday place make you want to leave Melbourne full time? we are looking around the Bellarine for our dream retirement place, we just love it there, but the new place we built wasnt planned around a permanent move. we found a couple of amazing properties, but right now our capitol is wrapped up in houses or projects. but you gotta dream!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:38 pm

think positive wrote:

so Stui does your holiday place make you want to leave Melbourne full time?

yes and no. I don't plan on staying here in Melbourne long term.

I need to work for a few more years, but I've proved I can do that from anywhere.

The place up there isn't big enough to be the main home but I've worked out a number of different options in my head, all of which are viable in different situations.

The ideal scenario would be to bulldoze where I currently live and develop the block, stick 4 x 2 story townhouses on it facing into the park. Sell 2 or trade them to the builder for the work, rent out 1 and use the other as a Melbourne base. Relocate to Toc and stick a decent size shed next to the house as a workshop/storage/spare living space for visitors.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:50 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-20/rhino-poacher-killed-by-elephant-stampede-in-south-africa/100082746

Pity the big fellas didn't get the rest of them. Morrigu will be toasting the Heffalumps now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 43 of 100   

Jump to: