Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The old girl has a bad habit of grabbing things to help with her balance. So she's shredded another shower screen (but has no clues how it happened) bu pulling on it and the shower head was starting to spray out of a joint, likely from her pulling it in directions it wasn't designed to go in.

So quick trip to Bunnings this morning, new shower head (put one of the rail corded ones), new shower screen and replaced the spindle in the hot water tap while I was there.

Everything works, pretty happy with that.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:46 am

got a call right before i walked out to the footy ;hiya would you like to go ballooning tomorrow/ say what!! my oldest friends hubby is a balloon pilot!! i said yes without thinking, sweated all the way to the footy, got up at 4am and into the sofitel, off we went to melbourne zoo to take off, and it was fricken amazing, was not scared not even a little bit, its so gentle, even the landing was ok!! i put some picks of the holden centre in GD, man it was so good!!! cheers
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:08 pm

Sounds fun! I wouldn’t mind giving it a try some day, as mildly terrifying as it sounds...
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:08 pm

It wasn’t scary at all. It was serene and peaceful, just amazing. I did a trip advisor review, head office saw it, and they want my photos for advertising! Cool!

So last Wednesday hubby came home and started ripping the house apart, we have been talking about getting quotes to paint, Thursday I taped up all fricken day, he painted it didn’t like the colour and did it again! Saturday I painter we have used before came and helped, I wanted to. Put the house back together and he’s says no I’m going to sand the floor! Um ok. So long story short eldest came and got her laptop and went back to her boyfriends for the week, junior is at her friends because has placement in St. Albans tomorrow, last day, and me? Well me and the dogs were shipped off to the holiday house, I dropped them off, went and got ninja juice, crumbed whiting and squid for tomorrow lunch, a bottle of jim, a bottle of Kailua, and settled in for Netflix! I had both knees injected today, so I have to rest them, good excuse! But I swear to god if I could I’d be risky businessing like Tom cruise on steroids! Peace, quiet, no work, not cooking unless I want, hopefully 3 nights of it! And I changed the sheets! Clean sheets all for me. Ok and the dogs! It’s $$%^%%$ heaven!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:36 pm

^
Goodonya Laughing

Loving the weather up here in Toc. Very Happy got here at 1.45, ute mostly unpacked and I'm online for a meeting by 2pm.

Got doors and windows open, beautiful clear blue sky, mid 20's, fkn perfect

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:02 pm

Off to a hippie camping festival this weekend, wish us luck! Wink
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:34 pm

There's no real hippies left under 70 years old. You're gonna catch something that penicillin can't cure Razz
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:18 pm

Well, real hippies or otherwise (and there are a lot around who look the part, if nothing else!), there's a pretty young crowd at a lot of these things – this one's more of a family-oriented event, so I suspect it won't be quite as "out there" as some of the other events I've been to. Will report back, if I survive the experience!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:11 pm

Loving life up here in Toc, town is chock full of tourists which while annoying is great for the town.

Worked from the Shepparton office Wednesday and Thursday which was different but good. Been working in the yard the past few days, built a shade sail veranda over the front porch today, up and down ladders 4m in the air balancing 3m long lengths of 140x35 on my own, my shoulders feel like I've been benchpressing a car.

Very happy with the end result. Think I might chill tomorrow, work in Shep Tuesday then home Wednesday.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:37 pm

Just had 32 days of not working 😄 with a combination of annual leave, long service leave and public holidays off. Had a marvellous break, now back to work tomorrow which while I much prefer leave, I’m looking forward to as well 😄

Going to plan for the next batch of leave probably around August / September for 2 weeks but definitely in November/December for another month.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:40 pm

^ I went to work for a bit, when I was younger. Didn't much like it. Became a lawyer as an alternative.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:44 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ I went to work for a bit, when I was younger. Didn't much like it. Became a lawyer as an alternative.

😉 boom tish

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:58 pm

^ I have more - do you want to hear the one about sharks and professional courtesy?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:19 pm

Nah, the better one is about pharmaceutical companies now using Lawyers for tests instead of animals.

Anyway, quieter day today. Up early, 5km walk and some weights before breakfast, then morning putting some extra nails in the shade sail verandah and painting the eaves.

Nice lunch at home, 2 wraps, 1 egg and salad, the other chicken and salad with a pot of tea then made a bench seat to go with the outdoor table. I'll bring the belt sander up next time, the table and seat are made of big slabs (10"×4") of 60 year old hardwood. Bit of a clean up and some oil should come up a treat

Weather has been beautiful, 10 or 12 c overnight is great sleeping weather, 30c daytime is perfect

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:45 pm

With absolutely shit weather, made some changes to plans. I've got a little 6 inch double hinged frypan. It's like an old jaffle maker but it's 2 frypans. Fkn brilliant for omelettes.

I busted one of the handles years ago so I've been using it sparingly as it's a PITA to flip. So today I extracted digit and took it out to the shed.

Multi tool and drill to remove the rivets and remnants of the old handle, jigsaw to make a new handle. Better than a bought one. Very Happy

Be great as this cold weather sets in, quick and easy breaky omlette.

Just 3/4 cup or thereabouts of left over steamed veges from the fridge, chuck em in the pan with some butter, after a few minutes to warm em up tip over two beaten eggs and close. Turn the heat down a bit, after a couple of minutes when the bottom is cooked, flip it over and brown the other side. Yum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 42 of 100   

Jump to: