Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
I need a What scared the **** out of me thread, I’ll go with happy cos I’m in one piece!
Walked around the pond looking for dragonflies and butterflies, got some great shots, spent 5 min with a tiny butterfly, stood up and walked about 5-10 metres and thought oh wow what a gorgeous pink....oh $&@k it’s a snake! I stood still it looked at me and slithered off, I tried to get a shot but too slow. Ok that shook me up a bit. I made myself walk passed the spot then turned back and walked back around the other side and every bloody stick looked like a snake!! So I laughed at myself and said stop it! And that’s when I saw the brown snake as big as an anaconda about 6metres away, between me and the gate! At Yi Yi Yi! I’m trapped between 2 of them, and my new snake proof gaiters and snake bandage and my phone are ... back at the house!! So now I’m starting to feel like I’m in the snake pit in raiders of the lost ark! I swear he winked at me turned tail and slid off, but I gave him a few minutes! Once my legs worked again I got the hell out of there! Someone tell them it’s not summer anymore!!

Bloody hell. That’s a WTF, What makes me happy and what makes me shit myself in one. Good Lord

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:13 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
I need a What scared the **** out of me thread, I’ll go with happy cos I’m in one piece!
Walked around the pond looking for dragonflies and butterflies, got some great shots, spent 5 min with a tiny butterfly, stood up and walked about 5-10 metres and thought oh wow what a gorgeous pink....oh $&@k it’s a snake! I stood still it looked at me and slithered off, I tried to get a shot but too slow. Ok that shook me up a bit. I made myself walk passed the spot then turned back and walked back around the other side and every bloody stick looked like a snake!! So I laughed at myself and said stop it! And that’s when I saw the brown snake as big as an anaconda about 6metres away, between me and the gate! At Yi Yi Yi! I’m trapped between 2 of them, and my new snake proof gaiters and snake bandage and my phone are ... back at the house!! So now I’m starting to feel like I’m in the snake pit in raiders of the lost ark! I swear he winked at me turned tail and slid off, but I gave him a few minutes! Once my legs worked again I got the hell out of there! Someone tell them it’s not summer anymore!!

Bloody hell. That’s a WTF, What makes me happy and what makes me shit myself in one. Good Lord

City people. Laughing Laughing Razz Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:57 pm

Hehe I walked my friend around it last and she was packing shit and I was like nah never seen one here it’s fine! So I got a big I told you so!!!

Any idea what the pinky green thing was?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:50 pm

Lol,

pinky green thing unlikely to be venomous but what would I know?

My logic always was if you're walking where snakes are, walk hard. They'll hear you coming and get out of the road

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:52 pm

Ahh **** snakes 😳 But it definitely felt like summer today, getting sunburnt at footy, how I didn’t miss this!!!

But in all seriousness it was great to be back out umpiring local footy again after 54 weeks off, not as hot as the last game I did but close!!! Of course the cool change came through during the game after!

Good thing was there wasn’t a damn difference between the game today and the game last year or the year before. Covid? Pfft!!!
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:19 am

Played in a semi final in lawn bowls yesterday and we got up by 1 shot! So into the Granny today, my first ever.
Hopefully the rain will hold up enough to get the game through and I get to have a medallion around my neck at around 5pm today.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:21 am

Well done - and best of luck for today. That's very exciting!
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:20 pm

Was the pink on the bottom of the snake? If so it may have been a red bellied black snake. They’re quite timid of humans and do their best to move away. Tigers and browns are a different story.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:25 pm

Got a Telstra TV thingo for nothing from Telstra.

Gonna take it up to Toc, the plan is I should be able to log in, use my phone WIFI for internet and get Foxtel on the dumb TV up there.

See how it works over Easter

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:39 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Got a Telstra TV thingo for nothing from Telstra.

Gonna take it up to Toc, the plan is I should be able to log in, use my phone WIFI for internet and get Foxtel on the dumb TV up there.

See how it works over Easter

Good one

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:54 pm

Credit where credit is due:

2.5 years ago ago we purchased an LG 65" TV the E8 series OLED (a brilliant looking and brilliant display TV - stunning picture and a stunning looking piece).

We really couldn't afford it at the time but we wanted a smart TV as old other TV a Pioneer plasma 50" while also a brilliant picture was old technology

So I spent a bit of time researching the LG TV reading reviews and seeing it on display. So 2.5 years ago the Good Guys had a display on sale for much much cheaper than the RRP of over $6,500 as new

The price we bought it for included delivery, set up and 5 years extended warranty. For 2.5 years we had a briliant TV no issues what so ever. it's remains stunning.

A few weeks ago I noticed a red dot (a red pixel) in the lower part of the screen, only noticeable in dark pictures. Tiny but there.

So I called the store who gave me the details for their extended warranty programme.

I called them and they asled for similar details and asked me to forward a photo which I did as well as the serial number and the receipt.

They contacted LG who called me and then I passed on the same information and LG contaced their service provider who replaced the whole panel (I have a new TV)

The whole process took less than 5 working days Shocked Very Happy

Each link in the chain were great (I was hoping to keep the old panel but the service guys says it goes back to LG)

https://www.techradar.com/au/reviews/lg-e8-oled-oled65e8

I bought a decent soundbar to go with it a few months later and the sound matches the picture (looked around for a good deal at the time)

https://www.whathifi.com/au/lg/sk10y/review

The store, the exteneded warranty people, LG and the service repairers were all great, polite and efficient.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:31 am

Actually Sunday but our cricket team made the grand final! Had 2 great umpires who ensured a result was achieved which meant playing through the rain all day, yet with about 20 overs left and it was obvious we were on top the other team started complaining as a washout they'd advance as the higher side.

They've now actually disputed the result, despite the fact both teams had the same conditions and it was 2 independent umpires who made the decision.

Looking forward to my second ever cricket grand final this weekend (Won my only other one so feeling confident) and hopefully a big celebration next week!!!
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:38 pm

Great week continues, got the **** out of Melbourne for a few days and even escaped to the land of the free for a while, been great to get away and even better, played the pokies for the first time in a long time and won enough to cover all food and accommodation costs for the trip!!!

Probably could have kept playing and covered petrol as well it was playing so well, but if there's one thing I'm good at it, it's knowing when I've got enough and to walk away.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:29 pm

3 spin classes this week:

Monday 6:30 pm
Tuesday 06:00 am
Wednesday 5:30 pm

Lost litres of sweat.

Thinking of joining another gym which has better class times and has a 50 mtr outside heated pool. I missed my laps this summer as the Carnegie Pool is closed for refurbishment. This pool is part of a GSAC (akin to MSAC complex) with state of the art equipment. They also have regular Pilates reformer groups which I’m interested in.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:44 pm

one person's misfortune.......

My employer has an office up in Shepp. The HR Person who supports them is crook so they needed someone else to help out with some meetings next week.

So rather than do them online, I get to drive up to Toc during business hours on Tuesday (couple of meetings that morning and be there in time for some more in the arvo, all online) then work from the Shepp office for a couple of days before spending Easter in Toc. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 41 of 100   

Jump to: