Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's great news, Morrigu.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:52 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Happy yep but relieved probably more so.

So for anyone with boobs we do the self examination thing (if not why not) and then one day you think you can feel something and then you poke and you prod at it until it hurts and your mind then tells you it is something. And so you book in for your mammogram and along comes COVID-19 and they stop screening and as the weeks and months go by you are still poking and prodding ( by this stage your are convinced it is there and getting bigger) and wondering who will look after your mum and lamentingy the fact that you won’t ever get to be with the eles or lions in Africa or the bears in Asia again - self indulgent yes but not helpful when trying to sleep that’s for sure!

They reopen and with much trepidation you go and get it done (not a pleasant experience but ah well) And then you get an email notifying you your results are ready - hmmm you spend some time just thinking about looking at them and then you realise you have forgotten your password Rolling Eyes

And finally you get there and they say no breast cancer detected and the relief washes over you - and you are happy!

Great news and great stuff. Going through that mental process would not be fun.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:50 pm

Had the grandson over this morning. His dad is struggling with a 4 year old who's ears are painted on , so his sister, my daughter, agreed to take him for the weekend to give them a break. I volunteered for the first shift.

Kid was actually good, had him from 9:30 til 1pm when the daughter arrived, but even when he's good he pushes boundaries and with my arm fkn hurting my patience wasn't at it's highest so I struggled a bit. I delayed starting the pain killers and re d medicine til late afternoon.

Still, he was good, I enjoyed it and the old girl loved it.

They seem to have higher standards these days for kids with what they should know. The kid's 4, he can speak, put shoes on, count to 10 and knows a fair chunk of the alphabet. He's already ahead of many Twitter users.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:24 pm

David wrote:
That’s great news, Morrigu – I can’t even imagine what a feeling of relief that must be.

Indeed David the last time I felt as relieved as I was reading the report was when the siren sounded in the 1990 GF Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:25 pm

Hehe cute!

I’m sitting in a camp chair in my oodie and snow boots in front of a roaring campfire, with a glass of red! Hubby is burning through anything not tied down at my sisters farm! They won’t need a demo permit at this rate! Life is good! Cheers!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:29 pm

stui magpie wrote:
They seem to have higher standards these days for kids with what they should know. The kid's 4, he can speak, put shoes on, count to 10 and knows a fair chunk of the alphabet. He's already ahead of many Twitter users.

Lovely for the young un to have quality contact with the whole family - good on you!

That Twitter comment seriously made me Laughing Laughing Laughing

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:33 am

The actions of Melbourne Storm post match

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/warriors/emotional-scenes-as-storm-captain-coach-address-sad-downcast-warriors-players/news-story/c286610ba10adc981e4d2b535762062a

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:58 pm

That’s simply beautiful
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:17 pm

2 things.

1. Daughter bought the grandson back here today about 3pm. They were buggered, hand him over, run screaming. He was actually really good for me despite being at that point where kids get ratty. big bowl of slow cooker casserole for dinner at 4:30 watching Blaze on pay TV, 2 bowls of ice cream with dried fruit for sprinkles, kid was in his happy place when Dad arrived to collect him. Loves it.

2. The council for some reason best known to them has dumped now 4 large piles of mulch in the park next door. I have NFI WTF they're doing but it generates some interesting behaviour.

I'd previously seen some sheets of marine ply being used as ramps, today took me back 20 years to my son and his mates. 2 kids, around 10-12 , 1 with what looked like a snow shovel Confused were creating a jump. Bit of new concrete path about 35m long, sloping up hill. At the bottom of the incline, they used the snow shovel to create a mound of mulch and put the marine ply on it, so they could pedal down hill flat stick for 35m, hit the jump, get some air and land on softish ground. Seriously loved it, that's how kids have been having fun for decades, no PED's required.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:00 pm

This could go in a few places, I could create a new thread titled "Awwwwwwwww", or "Good things done by Americans" or it could've become a Darwin award, but it's here

https://twitter.com/nbc15_madison/status/1277316045771083778

Fishermen manage to get a plastic bottle off the head of a swimming bear.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:58 pm

stui magpie wrote:
This could go in a few places, I could create a new thread titled "Awwwwwwwww", or "Good things done by Americans" or it could've become a Darwin award, but it's here

https://twitter.com/nbc15_madison/status/1277316045771083778

Fishermen manage to get a plastic bottle off the head of a swimming bear.

Brilliant. How awful for that Bear? Later ...... what a huge relief.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:59 pm

Watching Melbourne Storm play Sydney Roosters in a see sawing tight encounter won in extra-time by a Rooster player doing a Heath Shaw (more or less). Great stuff
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:16 pm

Great battle, worthy of a draw.
Glad Storm won though.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:18 pm

I expect better of you people, someone needs to let me know when Storm is playing.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:25 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-03/nrl-roosters-vs-storm-5-moments-of-brilliance/12419702

Was an absolutely brilliant game, spoilt slightly by wpt announcing the result here (I was watching on delay because it was important to me to see Carlton lose, first).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 5 of 100   

Jump to: