Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That includes 20 or whatever. Surely you don't think it suddenly stops?

You are so young that I can't exactly ask you what stuff felt like decades ago in your 40s.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:46 pm

K wrote:
Surely you don't think it suddenly stops?

What, childhood? I mean ... yes?

If you're talking about the capacity to feel differently about things over time, then sure, that never stops. I feel differently about things that happened a year ago now than I did at the time – maybe even about things that happened yesterday – and I'm sure even some of the elation of being part of a winning AFL premiership can fade over the years for some people. But I feel like we're getting away from the point of what I originally wrote, which is that we put AFL premierships on a pedestal and sometimes overlook the (perhaps equivalent, or at least comparable) joy of winning one at a lower level.

Last edited by David on Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
K 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:48 pm

David wrote:
K wrote:
Surely you don't think it suddenly stops?

What, childhood? I mean ... yes?

Hmm... Was that supposed to be funny?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:49 pm

No, what you wrote was ambiguous; it wasn't (and isn't) clear what "it" was referring to. It read to me like you might have been saying that 20 years old isn't exactly fully beyond childhood, but that seemed like a pretty strange thing to say – hence my query.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:55 pm

I watched that video and it seems pretty clear that Bucks still values that premiership to this date.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:57 pm

David wrote:
... It read to me like you might have been saying that 20 years old isn't exactly fully beyond childhood, but that seemed like a pretty strange thing to say – hence my query.

Actually, I think I am now also saying that. 20-year-olds are kids, at least in our society. At least that's the excuse made for anything our footy players do off-field. (e.g. JdG.)
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:40 pm

OK, sure, if that's how you want to define it. But by that standard many AFL players win their one and only premiership in "childhood" (Jarryd Blair, for example, was 20 in 2010 while Sidebottom was 19, and there have been many who were even younger). Do you think that'll mean that player cherishes it any less in "adulthood", when he looks back on his career? Or that – more relevantly – had Bucks won a flag with the Pies in the mid '90s, when he was in his early 20s, anyone would be bringing up this topic of elusive achievement today?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:04 pm

There's a potential whole other discussion about relative maturity levels now vs 30, 50, 100 years ago.

Society was different, expectations were different and people grew up more quickly, particularly in the bush.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:11 am

So did some bloodwork to see what impact the 28 day diet had. Clear before and after shot.

After taking the Vitamin D supplements, my levels are up from 26nmo/l to 68. (recommended range 125-200). I'll keep taking them.

Cholesterol down from 5.7 to 4.3

Triglycerides down from 1.6 to 0.9

HOMA score (Insulin resistance) down from 5.0 to 0.5 which is going from pre-diabetic to the good end of normal.

I sent the results to my GP, have an appointment next week so I'll arrange with her for a script to do another check in 4 weeks.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:22 am

wow, thats unreal, they will have you on a tv ad next!! well done
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:52 am

Hah,

I can't wait til lockdown finishes, I'm going to need to buy some new pants.

I can deal with needing a belt to hold my jeans up, but I tried on a pair of the shorts I bought last summer and I can stick my arm down the waist.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:24 pm

Well done Stui! I’m not much for diets as I’m way too fussy an eater.

My last diet was very slow and steady, took a few years but knocked off 35 kilos. For me it was simply some changes to how much I ate rather than what I ate and increasing exercise. Of course once I got going exercise became easier and easier as I got fitter and healthier

That’s why this years such a killer, I’m finding I’m eating out of pure boredom. Nothing to do so just eat! The lifting of the ridiculous curfew is helping with exercise as now no more excuses. If too busy during the day, just go out at night. I reckon post dinner is more effective anyway. I used to walk to training every Tuesday night, summer or winter, dry or pissing down I just did it, now with no training I’ve still decided to do that same walk, just no 3 hr break in the middle anymore! I’ve stopped the weight going up, now to start losing some of it.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:15 am

Good stuff Eddie,

I prefer the walk first thing on an empty stomach but yeah it gets easier on the legs once the amount they're carrying starts to reduce.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:50 pm

truth! after i read your post i did 6klm uphill on the tready! id already done 2 with the dogs!

Today i went back to the finger doctor! so originally my finger was jammed at a 20 degree angle, like i literally could not straighten it, not due to pain, like it was locked solid. this week its at 10 degrees, she did the whole wax thing again, now its at 2 degrees. so she cooked the splint and refitted it to my finger. most importantly, no pain and the swelling is finally going down!

Came home to Fresh Chilli Thai takeaway, Hubby and junior had just left to go work on the house, I spoke to the covid hotline and they said it was fine as long as they are working there, and they dont leave. Junior has a white card I dont so She went not me. It will do her good though. So the eldest ordered food, we have the same taste, hot, healthy, spicy, seafood! I just gave her my card and said pick! Now im going to wash my sheets. ahhh clean sheets all to my self! left overs for dinner, plus i bought some cooked prawns and dip stuff!! I just finished my paperwork, and at 6pm ill turn off my email!

On tuesday my new canon 5Dmk IV arrived So right now im gunna empty the dishwasher, pour a drink, find the bits to the 2nd hand 5Dmk2 i bought and advertise it plus a couple of cheapy lenses i dont use, then im going to sit down and watch John Greengo's workshop and how to use the new baby!

girlfriend just texted me, stuff the dishes im off to walk off some of the thai food! cheers, have a good one guys, the sun is shining!!

Last edited by think positive on Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:40 am; edited 2 times in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:00 pm

stui magpie wrote:
So did some bloodwork to see what impact the 28 day diet had. Clear before and after shot.

After taking the Vitamin D supplements, my levels are up from 26nmo/l to 68. (recommended range 125-200). I'll keep taking them.

Cholesterol down from 5.7 to 4.3

Triglycerides down from 1.6 to 0.9

HOMA score (Insulin resistance) down from 5.0 to 0.5 which is going from pre-diabetic to the good end of normal.

I sent the results to my GP, have an appointment next week so I'll arrange with her for a script to do another check in 4 weeks.

Well done Stui. My GP prescribed a similar LCHF diet which I called Keto: it was all about insulin resistance. Got some very good results.

Unfortunately this year I’ve been less “compliant” & put some weight back on. ( see apple pie below) However, the times they’re a changing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 20 of 100   

Jump to: