Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, these are the pics I entered, can't remember if it was 3 of them or all 4!! they lose a bit of sharpness here, but they are tack sharp!!they look better in my album of flicker! https://www.flickr.com/photos/192627852@N07/albums/72177720306815239/

cheers and thanks!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:30 pm

Went to the doc the other day for some test results, and so damn happy! my bad cholesterol was creeping up, the doc thinks it was genetic, rather than what I eat, and it was getting close to meds time, i asked for an extra 6 months. 4.5kg lighter, matronly love handles almost gone, and no need for meds!!! I am so fricken happy! 5 to go an I'll feel like premenopause me!
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:57 pm

This wasn't today but last Saturday. I play lawn bowls and have been playing in Div 4 in the Ballarat & District League, I got promoted to Div 1 which I was chuffed about for the last 4 games and last Saturday my rink got an eight which is very rare for a high division so that made me happy!
How many in this group play bowls and how many have got an eight and in what division?

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:25 pm

think positive wrote:
Went to the doc the other day for some test results, and so damn happy! my bad cholesterol was creeping up, the doc thinks it was genetic, rather than what I eat, and it was getting close to meds time, i asked for an extra 6 months. 4.5kg lighter, matronly love handles almost gone, and no need for meds!!! I am so fricken happy! 5 to go an I'll feel like premenopause me!

Well done you!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:08 pm

Got up to Toc yesterday. Weather is beautiful, low 30's but cool overnight, not need for aircon, shorts and singlet weather.

Ran into my cousin on my morning walk, which reminded me I had to go around and pick up the old cast iron book press he was throwing out. His mum had it in her little shed, it used to belong to my Grandfather, he used to use it to press tobacco when he smoked. (he knew a bloke who grew it commercially near Howlong)

My cousins youngest sister had wanted it, but when she realised she couldn't lift it, she changed her mind and messaged me to say I should take it. So I did. The thing is bloody heavy, I can lift 20kg 1 handed without much trouble, this needed 2 hands, 40kg at least I reckon. That's a project for the new year, clean all the rust off it and see if I can find who made it and when.

All the lawns mowed, ordered a cooked chook and roast pork from IGA to collect tomorrow for Xmas lunch, Daughter and Grandson arriving tomorrow. Made another one of those bottle with a card in it for his bike up here. Spent a while thinking how I could fasten it to the bike so it wouldn't wobble and twist around. Ended up making a bracket out of some old electrical conduit that works perfectly. Smile

Looking forward to sitting out the front under the Oak tree tomorrow arvo watching him burn up and down the road.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:25 pm

^Nice. We're off to Suffolk for a couple of nights via Cambridge.

Love those pics, TP. What magnificent creatures they are. They're southeastern yellow-tail black cockies, right?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:24 am

Thanks Ken xxx

Thanks PTID and yes they are, they are on the endangered list, so I was stoked, must have been at least 50 in our walnut tree!

Awesome Stu, hope the day went well

Merry Christmas everybody xxx

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:08 pm

Hope you're all having a good one.

Chuffed to stroll around Cambridge and see Newton's apple tree yesterday. Not having family here, we always visit an historic city on Xmas Day, which is the best time as the crowds are otherwise occupied. We're off to Sutton Hoo today, one of the most important Anglo Saxon burial sites and archaeological sites in the country.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
From around 616, Rædwald was the most powerful of the English kings south of the Humber estuary. According to Bede, he was the fourth ruler to hold imperium over other southern Anglo-Saxon kingdoms: he was referred to in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle, written centuries after his death, as a bretwalda (an Old English term meaning 'Britain-ruler' or 'wide-ruler'). He was the first king of the East Angles to become a Christian, converting at Æthelberht's court some time before 605, while also maintaining a pagan temple. He helped Christianity to survive in East Anglia during the apostasy of the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms of Essex and Kent. Historians consider him the most likely occupant of the Sutton Hoo ship-burial, although other theories have been advanced. A smaller ship-burial was also discovered in 1998 close to the original Sutton Hoo site, which is thought to have contained the body of his son Rægenhere, who died in battle in 616.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A6dwald_of_East_Anglia

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:25 pm

The Harvard President stood down after the scandal around plagiarism and her awful testimony to the House Committee where she said you need to consider context before deciding that anti semetic chants were racist or not,
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:52 pm

The 2024 Australia Day Lamb ad is slay.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:19 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

It’s not an Australia Day ad this year, that’s been banned and never even hinted at in the ad for maybe the first time ever.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:32 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

I just looked it up – much as I hate complimenting ads, it's pretty good. Laughing

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/eat/australians-react-to-annual-lamb-advertisement-poking-fun-at-generational-divide/news-story/bc4cf09ef9233a9fd81e80414b87e9e9

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:00 am

eddiesmith wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

It’s not an Australia Day ad this year, that’s been banned and never even hinted at in the ad for maybe the first time ever.

Won't stop Australia Day BBQ's with sizzling lamb chops all over the country Cool

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:49 am

Happiness? Relief? Or just the good doctor, none other than Collingwoods chief medical officer!

My knee injections should last 2 years, covid did a job on all my joints, so I went a couple of months early, laying in bed aches and pain free! Also had a good chat with him, he’s a total legend!

I’m still living on cloud nine! So so good!

Collingwooood!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:43 pm

The Australia Day holiday.

Happy Australia Day all. Hope you've had a great day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 97 of 101   

Jump to: