Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
A couple I know are up in Darwin at the moment.

I went to Primary school with her and high school with both of them. They left school, married (other) people, her to an absolute tool, him to similar, got divorced then found each other. I lost contact with them for best part of 30 years but now we're on Facebook and we've caught up a few times in person.

Both cashed in their shares of the family assets, bought a massive caravan and truck to carry it and have spent the past 3 years cruising around FNQ, picking up work and moving where the work is, staying for a few months at a time.

Last night she messaged me asking for recommendations for places to eat and things to do in Darwin as they were staying there for 6 weeks. Jealous much?

So I gave her a list of recommendations, she messaged me tonight from the Hotel Darwin, my go to spot, saying she'd say Hi to the waitresses for me. Biatch.

They're staying at Humpty Doo, in the caravan park behind the pub for $7 a night.

The reason I put this in the Happy thread is I'm just so rapt to see 2 people who endured 20+ years in bad relationships doing the traditional work thing, being in love and enjoying life cruising around.

Good on them and you for being happy for them!

Off to mermaid beach this arvo, just for the weekend! To my girlfriends unit, hubby and her hubby get along well too, looking forward to a bit of sun and fun!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:42 pm

Cheers Jo, enjoy the weekend and some sun.

I'm happy tonight, after talking about it for a month, the boss has sent me a 2 year contract extension with a payrise and a flash new title.

I'd told her I didn't need a payrise as I was happy with what I was on and that the title was OTT for the role, but meh, I'll take it.

This will pretty much see me out. Very Happy

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:57 pm

Awesome news, congratulations Stui Very Happy
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:01 pm

Cheers Eddie
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:10 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Cheers Jo, enjoy the weekend and some sun.

I'm happy tonight, after talking about it for a month, the boss has sent me a 2 year contract extension with a payrise and a flash new title.

I'd told her I didn't need a payrise as I was happy with what I was on and that the title was OTT for the role, but meh, I'll take it.

This will pretty much see me out. Very Happy
congrats that’s awesome!

Walked almost 20klm yesterday, had a great lunch at the Burleigh pavilion, the boys caught the bus we walked back to mermaid beach after shopping, and to surfers and back!

Big brekky at the surf club on the corner, (veggie burger with bacon, why did I get funny looks??) walk on the beach, I feel so good, the beach soothes my soul, about to head to the airport! Wish they would cancel the flights!

Cheers

Go pies!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:34 pm

Cheers Jo,

Glad you had a good time. Nothing wrong with bacon on a vege burger, we put salad on a beef burger don't we?

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:58 pm

Nice Jo, I really need a real holiday!!!

But we did have a really nice day out today, my grandmother passed away 4 years ago but the family still thought it'd be nice to get together to celebrate what would have been her 100th birthday.

Most didn't end up coming after being so enthusiastic when it was suggested, but those who did had very nice lunch and enjoyable catch up.

But my good mood will probably change when I get back to work on Tuesday, the boss is back tomorrow after a month away, it's been so peaceful...
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:10 pm

I had the Grandson for the day. Oh wow what a difference medication makes. He's on a slow release version of Ritalin which takes out the roller coaster of having 2 tabs a day.

I love that his personality still shines through, he's still him, but he no longer is a constant fidget with the concentration span of a fruitfly, he can focus.

Spent the morning out, then home and he spent an hour with a little help from me doing an age 8+ lego set. Pure focus. Made him a ham and cheese jaffle which he ate while working. Once done, out in the park for a run around. Then some more lego and colouring in while I watched the Pies game, back outside at halftime, bike accident and a bit of a sook for a while, then back into colouring in.

After the game, we went to the Piano. He showed me what he wanted me to play, which was a repetitive beat using the 2 lowest keys, with a bit of funk in the midrange. So he got on the microphone sang whatever the fk he was singing while I did a bit of improvising with harmonies while keeping his downbeat going. Had a blast.

Really good day

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:02 pm

That’s really cool
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:16 pm

Spoke to the plumber today, agreed to sign up to put the drainage in place before the slab goes down for the shed I'm getting built up in Toc.

Going to call in to Cobram tomorrow to sign the paperwork and pay the deposit.

Getting a 10x4.5m shed along the Sth boundary plus a 3.5, carport in front, getting plumbed for a shower, toilet and sink down the back, about 4m from the house bathroom. Contingency planning.

NSW planning permit process must have been designed by someone with a fetish for Dante's rings of hell, no wonder so many people try to do it on the shonk. I'm doing it right and legit but by %$^£$%^&%% it's painful.

Going to take a decent chunk out of my savings too. Assembled Shed and slab $30k, plus plumber plus sparky plus council fees.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:38 pm

Had the Grandson over for a few hours. Geez I enjoy spending time with him.

Spent some time in the park chasing super villains (kid has a serious imagination), some drawing and Lego, then a jam session with me on the piano and him on the new Mic I bought him. he likes it deep and slow, composing what he wants me to play with NFI about how the notes work together, but I improvise and play, he sings and we're both happy.

He inhaled a bowl of Chicken Chasseur, then ice cream with chocolate topping and crushed biscuits.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:03 pm

nice to both!! enjoy
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:10 pm

Nick’s is back! Very Happy

Felt weird seeing it offline for the last 18 hours Shocked

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:19 pm

Jezza wrote:
Nick’s is back! Very Happy

Felt weird seeing it offline for the last 18 hours Shocked

I know! I tried to visit many times since sometime after midnight.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:24 pm

Yep, welcome back everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 67 of 103   

Jump to: