Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
aww thanks Ken,

at first the wedding party thought i was crazy when i asked them to run at me and pretend something was chasing them, but now they are all hanging for the pic of the dinosaur chasing them!!! - maybe thats why the groomsmen said it was the most fun photoshoot ever!!! i did a few randoms for the bride today so She can get in before her iphone friends, and so far im almost through with the beauty parlour pics and the empty venue shots! yep me and junior left melbourne at 8.30am and left the wedding at 10.30pm knackered!!

funny story, driving with 2 of the bridesmaids back to the house to get ready and we are all starving, so we drive through ballarat Maccas and order 15 cheeseburgers, 10 large fries and 2 packs of 24 nuggets, and we get to the next window and hear "WTF, are you serious??" junior was driving and says in her best school teacher voice "just FYI, you might want to tell them we can hear them!!" he says "uh, hmm, ok, can you wait in the bay please?' Junior "what?? our orders not ready yet!!!"
so we wait in the bay and a dude comes up with the smallest maccas bag ive ever seen and says "what did you order?" junior says 'well for a start 15 cheese burgers, i doubt they would fit in there!!"

stui magpie wrote:
15 cheeseburgers and 10 large fries? Shocked

Were you making cheeseburger stackers?

I think I found a photo from the gathering... Wink

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:02 am

TP's hubby still has his Don mask I see. Wink Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:34 am

hehe! it was for the bride 3 bridesmaids, junior, mum, dad, uncle, aunty, (mum & aunt are sisters & the hubbies are brothers!!!) 2 flower girls one of the flower girl mums and me, but all i got was a fast munched burger, a nugget & 5 cold fries on the way out the door to go shoot the groom/groomsmen and venue! since the men were still in their boardies it really wasnt necessary to rush but you dont say no to the bride!!

yes he still has the mask!! its brilliant on halloween, aint no kid hanging around for goodies!!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:19 pm

I can see him standing at the front door wearing the mask, cheeseburger in hand, yelling "Make Halloween Great again" Wink Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:48 pm

I actually Loled!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:57 pm

I left the charger dock for my Galaxy watch up in Toc. Mad

Looked online at all the usual suspects, none of them carry this one only charges for the latest model. So I tried Amazon, found a cheap Chinese knock off, ordered it yesterday and arrived today. It works Very Happy

I don't feel right without a watch on my wrist and I love the Galaxy smart watch

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:18 pm

Yep I have the Apple, naked without it now!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:44 pm

Friday Very Happy

Working part time, this is the first Friday since I started my new job when I didn't have plans, so cooler morning I just decided to treat myself a bit.

Had to get more coffee from Costco so went to Epping Plaza for a wander around first. Got a haircut without a mask in a hairdressers where no one was wearing a mask, put on tatts and had lunch at Laurie Dee's. Double Burger with chili cheese fries and a chocolate milkshake. (cheat day) Damn it was tasty and filling, I could only eat half the fries and was full as a goog for hours.

Called in to Supercheap Auto and bought new seat covers for the Crewman, gave it a clean out, a wash and a dose of Armour All, new seat covers in place. Looking good.

I love doing a 4 day week.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:27 pm

njoy, ease into retirement,
I keep meaning to get. To Costco, haven’t been for ages!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:55 pm

I managed to get in and out with just the coffee. 3x3lb tins for the drip filter machine Wink

I also learned something new when putting on the seat covers, the back seat of the Crewman is hinged so it swings up and there's storage space underneath. I found the jack Very Happy

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:31 am

Part time hours are great.

I have been working part time since kids were babies, 3-4 days per week.
Like having a day or 2 to do other stuff.

Have been working casual hours since last April, finance officer for a small company. Type of work I have done before, varied enough that is not boring but not as stressful as previous job. WFH which suits as work can fluctuate - last week only a day and half but EOM I could be doing 3 days. The only downside is no paid holidays and have to be prepared to alter when I am working week to week, although my boss is flexible enough that I can tell her when I am not available.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:34 pm

Yep, working full time last year was hard to take after 2 years of 4 day weeks. I wouldn't have coped if it wasn't for WFH.

New job 4 days per week with minimum 2 of them from home even when everyone is back in the office. A 3 day weekend every week is so good.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:45 pm

I spent Friday in the shed putting nails, screws, nuts, bolts, washers etc into some organisers I got from Aldi. Very happy with the result, also did a clean up and swept the floor with the 2 stroke broom.

Today I did the rounds of the Sunday markets and picked up a scooter with 16" bicycle wheels for $10. Brakes needed work and paint job was ordinary but $10 is a bargain.

Got it stripped down, brakes soaked in WD40, rusty parts soaking in vinegar, dents in 1 mudguard fixed with the ball peen hammer.

Going to Toc next weekend so weekend after I'll start restoration. Told the Grandson to pick his preferred colour scheme, I'll work in with what he wants.

Speaking of Toc, my cousin has been using the house for the past week. She offers to pay for utilities but I say no cos she's not real flush for cash, so this time when she offered to buy some stuff for the pantry, I said how bout you just pull some grass out of the gardens and we'll call it even.

I just scored a free gardener. Very Happy She found weeding relaxing

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:02 pm

Mate who lives just out of Balina is OK. Flood water is serious but he's been lucky, just a bit of damage. No Ark required.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:32 pm

Got to work on that scooter the last 2 days.

vinegar did it's job eating the rust, painted the frame gloss cherry red, and the handlebars, mudguards and rims all chrome. Used the Dremel to clean the surface rust off the brake calipers.

re-assembled it this arvo, looks schmick. Very Happy

Get out tomorrow and go over it, tighten everything up, inflate the tyres, adjust the brakes and ready to rock.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 62 of 103   

Jump to: