Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:

so Stui does your holiday place make you want to leave Melbourne full time?

yes and no. I don't plan on staying here in Melbourne long term.

I need to work for a few more years, but I've proved I can do that from anywhere.

The place up there isn't big enough to be the main home but I've worked out a number of different options in my head, all of which are viable in different situations.

The ideal scenario would be to bulldoze where I currently live and develop the block, stick 4 x 2 story townhouses on it facing into the park. Sell 2 or trade them to the builder for the work, rent out 1 and use the other as a Melbourne base. Relocate to Toc and stick a decent size shed next to the house as a workshop/storage/spare living space for visitors.

thats a really good plan

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:19 pm

Ta for that. It's a plan, may never happen but it's something to work toward.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:13 pm

Watching my Dads funeral being streamed today and the draped his coffin with a magpies scarf and one of my mates who is a Pies man read out my tribute to
Dad wearing a Pies scarf. Was a lovely service but as per normal all guests were kindly asked to turn off phones. As they wheeled his coffin down the aisle at the end somehow my mates wife phone got turned on and she is a Pies lady as well. Another Collingwood fan rang her and her ring tone is Dolly Grey and as Dads coffin passed her it came on and my mother was very happy and most people thought it was part of the ceremony. RIP Dad. No more pain mate.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:27 am

Awesome mate, that’s quite a send off - I. Guessing your dad orchestrated that call! Cheersxxx
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:05 am

I would like to think so Jo.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:08 pm

Completed the 145 km Great Otways Classic today. Tough ride with headwind, a bit of misty rain, a lot of grind and I have sore hands, deltoids, neck, shoulders, bum and thighs. But good sore 😊😊. Took me 6 hours.

https://www.colacotway.vic.gov.au/Upcoming-Events/Great-Ocean-Otway-Classic-Ride-2021

Staying near Deans Marsh with 5 others in this lovely mud brick sprawling place.

I’ll be leaving in the morning so I can get home ready to go to the G.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:45 pm

Stick your bicycle right up your ample arse.

Did a 7km walk this morning in 60 minutes, followed by a weights session,

Went for a drive, did a walk in to Heidelberg Repat and got my Covid vaccination, went to Norfland for brunch, renewed my shooters license, did the weekly shop at Dan Murphy's and Woolies, home by 2pm Did 3 loads of washing while watching the VFL game.

Really happy with myself. 6 months after doing the weightloss program, I'm still on 90kg. For 191cms, I'm happy with that. 15kg down and stayed down.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:45 pm

Made a very crazy decision to make a footy comeback a couple of weeks ago, after a rude awakening last week, I finally got taste success today with a big win. Great day for the club as well with all men’s and women’s teams winning.

Been 20 years since I played in a win, having decided to retire after a winless season and only playing a few sporadic games since. But as of today I qualify for vets footy, might be heading there next year 😂😂
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:21 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Went for a drive, did a walk in to Heidelberg Repat and got my Covid vaccination, went to Norfland for brunch, renewed my shooters license, did the weekly shop at Dan Murphy's and Woolies, home by 2pm Did 3 loads of washing while watching the VFL game.

Really happy with myself. 6 months after doing the weightloss program, I'm still on 90kg. For 191cms, I'm happy with that. 15kg down and stayed down.

Well done you!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:22 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Completed the 145 km Great Otways Classic today. Tough ride with headwind, a bit of misty rain, a lot of grind and I have sore hands, deltoids, neck, shoulders, bum and thighs. But good sore 😊😊. Took me 6 hours.

https://www.colacotway.vic.gov.au/Upcoming-Events/Great-Ocean-Otway-Classic-Ride-2021

Staying near Deans Marsh with 5 others in this lovely mud brick sprawling place.

well done crazy you
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:14 pm

stui magpie wrote:

This isn’t a competition Stui. Walking is hard work though: tough headwind was it 😂😂😂

Good on you for doing what ur doing.

Bit slack in the re-issuing of a shooters license, they obviously overlooked the background check 😜

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:16 pm

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

well done crazy you

Cheers TP. Surprisingly not too stiff and sore today after driving back from Dean’s Marsh. The Otways are so spectacular.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:25 pm

Had a GP appointment this morning.

I'd stopped taking one of my blood pressure tablets a month ago (with approval from the GP) and had been keeping records using my own monitor. The plan was to test if I still needed it. Bit disillusioned with the results, before stopping that tablet I was getting 110/70 regularly, now I was getting 130-140/70+. I emailed the details to the Doc last night and took my BP monitor to the meeting so we could check mines accuracy against her's as her's gets calibrated each year.

First test on mine, 150/77. FML. Tried hers, 127/75. Huh? Back to mine, 150/75. WTF? I can lower it from the first test to the second by breathing but it never goes back up again like that.

I'd changed the batteries in mine the same time I stopped the tablets, looks like that threw it out and mine was buggered reading 20 points higher. Doc was sure hers was right and my BP was perfect.

So that BP monitor went in the bin and I bought a new one on the way home.

Doc was very pleased with all the results. Weight has stayed low for over 7 months, full set of bloods was great, interestingly cholesterol overall had stayed the same but the mix had changed, good cholesterol has gone up and bad has gone down, blood sugar, liver, kidneys etc, everything good. Very Happy

She was very happy, crossed one set of tablets off the prescription list, 12 months til next set of bloods, I made her morning. Razz

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:41 pm

watt price tully wrote:

This isn’t a competition Stui. Walking is hard work though: tough headwind was it 😂😂😂

Nah, headwinds are for precious petals on bikes to worry about. Razz
Like how they can't have a rego plate cos it would slow them down.

I did 20,000+steps on the step counter yesterday, done by 3pm. Up in Toc, did a 5.5km walk first up, then after a shower went out for breakfast then a walk around the Op shops etc, then home to whippersnip and mow the lawns and nature strips. I was listening to the footy via streaming the AFL App while mowing, then watched the second half on my Tablet.

I'm seemingly immune to beer. Inhaled a 6 pack watching the second half, zero effect. maybe the Astra Zenica provides alcohol immunity?
Quote:

Bit slack in the re-issuing of a shooters license, they obviously overlooked the background check 😜

nah, they did the background check. I'm licensed to shoot varmints. I'm unclear whether lawyers and internet Trolls are considered varmints, hoping to sort that out soon. Razz Cool

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:20 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Nah, headwinds are for precious petals on bikes to worry about. Razz
Like how they can't have a rego plate cos it would slow them down.

I did 20,000+steps on the step counter yesterday, done by 3pm. Up in Toc, did a 5.5km walk first up, then after a shower went out for breakfast then a walk around the Op shops etc, then home to whippersnip and mow the lawns and nature strips. I was listening to the footy via streaming the AFL App while mowing, then watched the second half on my Tablet.

I'm seemingly immune to beer. Inhaled a 6 pack watching the second half, zero effect. maybe the Astra Zenica provides alcohol immunity?
Quote:

nah, they did the background check. I'm licensed to shoot varmints. I'm unclear whether lawyers and internet Trolls are considered varmints, hoping to sort that out soon. Razz Cool

What are you going to shoot BTW?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 44 of 101   

Jump to: