Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

eddiesmith wrote:
Had a very lucky escape today that could have been quite expensive!

One of the local roads that changes speed limits every few kms for no reason is regularly patrolled by the hwp. Used to be 70 and VicRoads many years ago suggested it should go back to 70 but too much revenue raising is done there. No one does 60, unless you’re trying to piss off the person behind you.

Anyway cops were back there today, must be back in the blitz as they do a month of blitzing then 6 months of rarely being seen again. Now instead of the obvious spot in an old bus stop they hide in the shadows of someone’s driveway. Came down, saw them too late and slowed down but didn’t brake and went past them at over the limit still and they didn’t move!!!

Great win as i was also outside my 5ks and wasn’t out for one of the 4 permitted reasons so I saved about $2000! 😁😁

I’d be careful if I was you, I’m sure those in charge scan the board, next meeting they will discuss getting special operations group to catch you. Or you could just read the signs and go for it!

Ps I’d do 60 and the added bonus of pissing someone off would be just that, a bonus!

Ps I reckon special revenue raising meetings would be a lot of fun! But it’s probably Eddies fault.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:47 pm

My favourite on that stretch was one night no one else on the road and someone was doing 50, so broken lines, nothing coming I overtook them, ended up doing 100 side by side with them because they didn’t like being overtaken...

Actually had someone who used to be on this board try dobbing me in to Centrelink once Laughing Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:09 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
My favourite on that stretch was one night no one else on the road and someone was doing 50, so broken lines, nothing coming I overtook them, ended up doing 100 side by side with them because they didn’t like being overtaken...

Actually had someone who used to be on this board try dobbing me in to Centrelink once Laughing Laughing

I hate pricks like that, I see them on the drive up here, sitting 5km under the limit but speeding up when they get to overtaking lanes. Lucky for me the Redline can go from 100 to 130kmph in the blink of an eye so I'm past before they realise WTF happened. Razz Laughing Cool

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:30 am

Bacon, Lettuce, Egg, Avocado and Tomato toasted sandwich for breakfast with a cup of tea and a small glass of orange juice. Weight staying solid on the 90kg, I can afford to treat myself sometimes. Very Happy
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:02 am

^ that’s good, well done.

Rode to Frankston yesterday (a bit tired because I finished work late on Saturday night so only had about 4.5 hours sleep) 86 km in total with Olivers Hill. Rode with a group who were not particularly fast so the riding was easy. Did 63km’s an hour down Olivers Hill 😄😄. The group chose not to go up Olivers so I sped ahead in Seaford and met them in Frankston for coffee.

In March if the borders are open I’ve got the Coast to Coast ride in South Australia (?130 km’s) from Glenelg to Victor Harbour up the Adelaide Hills.

On April 24 I’ve got the 145 km Great Otways Classic ( deferred from 2020) so all the riding has a purpose. Still need more km’s and more hills.

I just love bike riding. When you get into a rhythm you can go for ages.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:11 am

watt price tully wrote:

Rode to Frankston yesterday (a bit tired because I finished work late on Saturday night so only had about 4.5 hours sleep) 86 km in total with Olivers Hill. Rode with a group who were not particularly fast so the riding was easy. Did 63km’s an hour down Olivers Hill 😄😄. The group chose not to go up Olivers so I sped ahead in Seaford and met them in Frankston for coffee.

In March if the borders are open I’ve got the Coast to Coast ride in South Australia (?130 km’s) from Glenelg to Victor Harbour up the Adelaide Hills.

On April 24 I’ve got the 145 km Great Otways Classic ( deferred from 2020) so all the riding has a purpose. Still need more km’s and more hills.

Agreed, it's a great way to de stress.

3 Peaks is only 2 weeks away, if they are allowed to run it with Covid restrictions. That's going to be an issue with the mass rides and probably will be on the Otways one too - if you're getting food/drink at Dean's Marsh or Lorne it will probably be very different to how it was in the past.

If you need more k's and more hills consider continuing your ride and do a few circuits of the Arthur's Seat loop. Oliver's Hill won't help you with hill climbing much as it's far too short, unless you use it for repeat intervals.

The local legend in the north east of Melbourne has the speed record of 118kmh down the Kinglake West hill. My wife hit 91kmh on that descent years ago. 89 is my best but she came off my wheel to do it.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:30 pm

daughter starts her new job in a couple of weeks, her very flash laptop has arrived, and today she paid the deposit on her first house!! im buying her a security system for her birthday next week, she will live in it as her primary residence for a year to save the stamp duty. its going to be very strange, but im so proud of her, and she found this house, its still under warranty, a simmonds home, 4 bedrooms across the road from the more expensive by a lot williams landing, its in a great spot!! i confess this kid has knocked my socks off!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:39 pm

^

Great stuff to her.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:21 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

3 Peaks is only 2 weeks away, if they are allowed to run it with Covid restrictions. That's going to be an issue with the mass rides and probably will be on the Otways one too - if you're getting food/drink at Dean's Marsh or Lorne it will probably be very different to how it was in the past.

If you need more k's and more hills consider continuing your ride and do a few circuits of the Arthur's Seat loop. Oliver's Hill won't help you with hill climbing much as it's far too short, unless you use it for repeat intervals.

The local legend in the north east of Melbourne has the speed record of 118kmh down the Kinglake West hill. My wife hit 91kmh on that descent years ago. 89 is my best but she came off my wheel to do it.

I’m no racer, I just do it. The best I’ve done is close to averaging 30km/hr about 14/12 ago for a 110 km ride to Frankston & back and was able to cling to a train going past of about 30 riders getting me from Frankston to Mordialloc doing low 40’s. Got dropped at Mordy.

Now I just ride and do my own speed. Another few months and I’ll be back into it.

I prefer the long rides and camping like the Great Vic and the QLD rides I used to do over 9 days or so

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:36 pm

Did a slight re-jig of the home office today.

Using the PC with two monitors worked before, but the current place means I need to use the laptop for more things and it drives me nuts trying to work off a laptop.

I tried to get one of the monitors to do duel function, switching between HDMI 1 and 2 so I could toggle between the PC and Laptop but no dice, it wouldn't recognise it.

So I rigged up a 3rd monitor. I already had the laptop on a stand using a separate wireless mouse and keyboard so now I'm driving a PC and a Laptop, 3 monitors plus the laptop screen, and 2 mouses and keyboards. Lucky I'm amphibious when using a mouse cos sometimes I'm using one in each hand at the same time.

The only thing I keep stuffing up is which keyboard to use for which monitors. I'll start typing, reaslise I'm on the wrong one, swear loudly and adjust. Do that 5-6 times per day.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:49 am

I’m glad it’s not just me! I grab the wrong mouse! I’m not a laptop fan, and my touch pad has a calculator in the corner, I wish I could block it, drives me nuts
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:16 am

watt price tully wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

I’m no racer, I just do it. The best I’ve done is close to averaging 30km/hr about 14/12 ago for a 110 km ride to Frankston & back and was able to cling to a train going past of about 30 riders getting me from Frankston to Mordialloc doing low 40’s. Got dropped at Mordy.

Now I just ride and do my own speed. Another few months and I’ll be back into it.

I prefer the long rides and camping like the Great Vic and the QLD rides I used to do over 9 days or so

It doesn't matter what speed that you ride it's just great to be out there doing it. It's probably fair to say that I am addicted to riding. I have 6 bikes - a single speed, a mountain bike, a cyclocross bike and three road bikes. The Ridley lives on my Tacx Neo trainer, my Colnago is the spare bike and the Trek Madone is my baby.

Although my parents were riders I wasn't until I turned 29 and bought a bike to build up my quads after having a knee reco after tearing an ACL playing footy. Up until then all I was interested in was cricket and footy but when I started riding I fell in love with it and found out I was much better at that than my other sports.

In 1993 I recall top edging a hook shot and being caught on the boundary for a duck on the second ball of a match. Normally I would have stormed off the ground but I knew my mindset had changed when I walked off thinking that I would be fresh for a new bike ride which was being held for the first time the next day. It was the first 210km Around the Bay in a Day. I had never done more than 120km before but I enjoyed it, my speed improved and kept doing it for a few years. I averaged in the 36-37kmh range for the rides but then stopped doing it because the participant numbers grew rapidly, they started having shorter rides worked in with inexperienced riders and it became quite dangerous. I saw far too many crashes.

I moved to racing for a while but then other things got in the way and I eased off for a while. In about 2005 I started more seriously again, racing (which I stopped a few years ago), and riding in the hills a lot. Every year it was the Australia Day weekend 200 km Audax Alpine Classic from Bright and I was in the first group that rode the 250km Alpine Classic Extreme when the road at the back of Falls Creek was sealed. In recent times though going to Adelaide for the Tour Down Under has taken over, but not this year.There were also a couple of GVBR's, one from Philip Island and one from Ballarat, as well as the organised rides through the Otways and Great Ocean Road.

For about the last 15 years I have been riding with a fantastic bunch of people in the north east hills every Saturday and Sunday morning. It's social but also very competitive. At the moment I don't want to use the train so three work commutes each week gives me another 180km on top of that so I get in 250-300km on the bike each week. I can't match the ones that still race though. I commute year round - in winter it's dark going both ways but the lights now are fantastic.

Keep riding!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:58 pm

Quick bit of casual shopping, surprised the hell out of myself. Grabbed a couple of cheap muscle tops, in size large. Shocked Very Happy Any wonder my 2XL's are loose.

also grabbed some exercise shorts in size Medium

Anyone ever looking for compression tights or shorts, the Aldi ones are inexpensive and have a great side pocket perfect size to slip the phone in so you can listen to music using blutooth earbuds or headphones and not have to hold the phone

That plus a beautiful day for the last day of summer

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:37 pm

^ thanks might get some

Rode to Frankston with two others. One young woman hadn’t done a 100 km before and while not fast she did it: Well done her for doing that and Olivers Hill: her first time.

Got to 63 km’s/ hour down hill: had to go past a rider who went a bit to close to me then slows down after overtaking 🙄🤦‍♂️. So went around & put the pedal down (then up and repeat ...) really accelerated and later allowed my two riding colleagues to join me as we did about 30 km’s / hour to Edithvale more or less

My two riding buddies did really well

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:52 pm

watt price tully wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

It doesn't matter what speed that you ride it's just great to be out there doing it. It's probably fair to say that I am addicted to riding. I have 6 bikes - a single speed, a mountain bike, a cyclocross bike and three road bikes. The Ridley lives on my Tacx Neo trainer, my Colnago is the spare bike and the Trek Madone is my baby.

Although my parents were riders I wasn't until I turned 29 and bought a bike to build up my quads after having a knee reco after tearing an ACL playing footy. Up until then all I was interested in was cricket and footy but when I started riding I fell in love with it and found out I was much better at that than my other sports.

In 1993 I recall top edging a hook shot and being caught on the boundary for a duck on the second ball of a match. Normally I would have stormed off the ground but I knew my mindset had changed when I walked off thinking that I would be fresh for a new bike ride which was being held for the first time the next day. It was the first 210km Around the Bay in a Day. I had never done more than 120km before but I enjoyed it, my speed improved and kept doing it for a few years. I averaged in the 36-37kmh range for the rides but then stopped doing it because the participant numbers grew rapidly, they started having shorter rides worked in with inexperienced riders and it became quite dangerous. I saw far too many crashes.

I moved to racing for a while but then other things got in the way and I eased off for a while. In about 2005 I started more seriously again, racing (which I stopped a few years ago), and riding in the hills a lot. Every year it was the Australia Day weekend 200 km Audax Alpine Classic from Bright and I was in the first group that rode the 250km Alpine Classic Extreme when the road at the back of Falls Creek was sealed. In recent times though going to Adelaide for the Tour Down Under has taken over, but not this year.There were also a couple of GVBR's, one from Philip Island and one from Ballarat, as well as the organised rides through the Otways and Great Ocean Road.

For about the last 15 years I have been riding with a fantastic bunch of people in the north east hills every Saturday and Sunday morning. It's social but also very competitive. At the moment I don't want to use the train so three work commutes each week gives me another 180km on top of that so I get in 250-300km on the bike each week. I can't match the ones that still race though. I commute year round - in winter it's dark going both ways but the lights now are fantastic.

Keep riding!

That’s great. I haven’t rode before in the Hills. I’m 10 mins from Beach Road. I’d prefer to ride to work daily but shift work (finishing at 22:30 ) makes it hard to do all the time. I do about 2-3 times a week 36 km round trip.

6 bikes FFS, goodness me. I have two but can only ride one at a time. I’m saving up for the Wahoo kikr but do spin classes 2 or more times a week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 39 of 100   

Jump to: