Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^
Hey great stuff.

Personally I find the concept of a software engineer using anything Apple a non sequitur but well done her. Clearly takes after her mum, kicking arse in a male dominated industry.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:51 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^
Hey great stuff.

Personally I find the concept of a software engineer using anything Apple a non sequitur but well done her. Clearly takes after her mum, kicking arse in a male dominated industry.

hehehehe! thankyou!!!

funny thing, she describes iphones as smart phones for dumb people!!!

she did jokingly say 'can i have windows please?" and the boss came back with, i get where your coming from, its been a few years and im almost used to it!!

and me and junior are like ooooooohhhh ill have it! although junior did buy herself an apple laptop late last year!!

im also happy ive dump half the weight i wanted to lose, hoping for some time on thursday, want to go back to norfland and get some clothes!!! go me, i feel so much better!!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:08 pm

LOL good stuff.

I use the work iphone for phone calls, that's it. I hate it. cloud based apps like email and teams I've set up on my Samsung tablet and home PC so I only need to use the laptop for intranet and network files.

I've never liked Apple stuff. I did computer programming in high school in 82 on some Apple thing with a black screen and green text and had to use one in the 90's at White pages.

the only Apple thing I've ever had that I like is the iPod I bought from the pawn shop to load music on cos the FG Falcon I bought couldn't do Android.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:16 pm

yeah i dont have many apple products, im only on my, um, maybe 6th phone, 2nd ipad, 2nd apple watch, ipod, i just bought an apple tv!

daughters boyfriend built my pc, its the bomb! 500gb c drive for work shit, and 3TB D drive for photos, videos, and photoshop art stuff i use for composites!! plus a separate backup. 2 screens, gaming um, stuff inside, and a special hood for my main monitor for editing!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:34 pm

think positive wrote:
Well junior is recovering from the shock and we are ready to fight for her friend, and my eldest, well, she shocked shit out of me with her work ethic, form the day she left uni, or late afternoon school as we called it! 4.5 years, she has won awards, and got a couple of pay rises, but her company was bought out by a chinese company late last year, and she survived 11 rounds of retrenchment, and then they said no pay rises this year. so she started job hunting, she gave notice today, she scored 2 really good job offers, took the one in a company with fantastic reviews, both by personnel and consumers. So no longer a grad, she is a software engineer, and will be working on new applications and problem solving, the joint looks like the google offices, well almost, although she will be working from home due to covid. the CEO called her from the US, and he just said when can you start? so they are sending her a brand new modified apple mac, she gave notice today, and she scored a $20k payrise!! it was almost the perfect day, her offer on a house was going to be accepted this morning, but the people lost their jobs over the weekend so they cant upgrade. thats ok, we will find another one!! go kid, so bloody proud of her, she deserves it!!!

Brilliant stuff TP, that’s fantastic. Well done her and ewes. 👍👍 you should be very proud. 👍👍

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:42 pm

cheers mate, i really am xxxxx
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:43 pm

Worked a Saturday pm shift before Sunday Monday off. Too tired on Saturday morning for a spin class. Got home late on Saturday after work. Out at 06:15 Sunday for a bike ride. Started raining so came back home. Thought I’d do a 09:00 spin class but had a nap and woke up at 10:30 am 😱.

Decided to do a Sunday night shift overtime. Rode to work 22:00-08:00 rode back Monday morning. Ate, showered, slept a bit, spin class for 45 mins at 6:30pm and man did I work, there was a pool of sweat under me and the bike 😱😊.

Got up this am, had a few chores, met a friend and went for an early lunch in Carrrrlton. Then a short drive to work for a 2pm start. Big staff meeting, about 1hr and 15 mins. Checked the roster and FMD I was on an ADO FFS. 🙄

Happy though to catch up with my friend for lunch

Last edited by watt price tully on Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:48 pm

The reason I did the OT was Mrs WPT was not happy that the bike rack I want to buy costs $1200.

I worked 10 hrs on Sunday night and 4.5 hours last Thursday as OT.

It’s very similar to this one:

https://www.thule.com/en-au/bike-rack/towbar-bike-racks/thule-velospace-xt-2-_-938000

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:39 pm

I remember overtime, I got paid for a Saturday supervising an office move in the mid 90's. Knocked it over in a morning and we all went to Len Thompson's pub in King St. IIRC Bob and Paul took most of it.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:57 am

watt price tully wrote:
The reason I did the OT was Mrs WPT was not happy that the bike rack I want to buy costs $1200.

I worked 10 hrs on Sunday night and 4.5 hours last Thursday as OT.

It’s very similar to this one:

https://www.thule.com/en-au/bike-rack/towbar-bike-racks/thule-velospace-xt-2-_-938000
that add loaded slow, and I read suitable for e bikes, fat bikes and small children, I thought a grandchild announcement was coming!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:51 am

Are we allowed to call them Fat Bikes? Shouldn't they be calorifically challenged bikes?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:46 am

they are just short for their weight
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:28 am

stui magpie wrote:
Are we allowed to call them Fat Bikes? Shouldn't they be calorifically challenged bikes?

Big boned bikes Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:22 am

The oldest and her BF arrived from Sidanee and we had them & his two young tackers over for tea. She seems really happy so I’m happy for her. He’s a chippie and a sparky ( his Dad told him to do both) and despite batting out of his league with my Oldest he seems a nice enough bloke. They brought their dog whose staying with us (yes first it was her cats now it’s the gorgeous labradoodle) although Polly is going back with them on Tuesday
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:27 pm

watt price tully wrote:
The oldest and her BF arrived from Sidanee and we had them & his two young tackers over for tea. She seems really happy so I’m happy for her. He’s a chippie and a sparky ( his Dad told him to do both) and despite batting out of his league with my Oldest he seems a nice enough bloke. They brought their dog whose staying with us (yes first it was her cats now it’s the gorgeous labradoodle) although Polly is going back with them on Tuesday

I don't think they're going anywhere Tuesday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 36 of 101   

Jump to: