Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how Victorian clubs won the National grandfinals AFL, Netball and NRL competitions while in lockdown and various hubs.

Victoria also had the most spectacular recovery from the Pandemic in the country and possibly the world from the height of the second wave.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:24 am

FREEEEEDOMMMMMM!!
yeah baby, cheers, we did it guys!!
we $$%^%%$ survived!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:02 pm

Sunshine, freedom, rapt. Very Happy

Quick drive today, meeting free arvo, ducked past Greensie plaza without getting out of the car, carpark near full.

Over to Bunnings in Thomastown. Got a new pair of safety boots which i badly needed and some plants. God that felt good.

They're building a Carls Jr next door to Bunnings. Shocked Very Happy There goes the waistline, but they do have a low carb burger.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:41 pm

Rode my bike to just before Carrum and back about 55 km's. Spent most of the ride talking to another bloke riding on this warm lovely day. Forgot how much I love riding.

Time to get fair dinkum and shed the kilo's that Stui gave me since the pandemic.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:02 pm

what a beautiful day, had a lovely lunch with a friend, yummy salt and pepper squid and salad, and a green machine juice, plus coffee to balance the good fairy!!
then around the corner to Airport west, i expected it to be packed but it wasnt, it was so bloody good, got a few bargain, spoilt the kids, even bought hubby a shirt! gunna cook a very quick grilled salmon, salad and oven chips in the air fryer dinner, and walk out and leave the kids with the mess! Im off to docklands with the photography group and my new toy! happy happy happy, FREEDOM!!!

partypie 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:31 pm

Seeing my grandson’s face after taking a couple of steps.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:25 pm

think positive wrote:
what a beautiful day, had a lovely lunch with a friend, yummy salt and pepper squid and salad, and a green machine juice, plus coffee to balance the good fairy!!
then around the corner to Airport west, i expected it to be packed but it wasnt, it was so bloody good, got a few bargain, spoilt the kids, even bought hubby a shirt! gunna cook a very quick grilled salmon, salad and oven chips in the air fryer dinner, and walk out and leave the kids with the mess! Im off to docklands with the photography group and my new toy! happy happy happy, FREEDOM!!!

Nice one ☝️

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:26 pm

partypie wrote:

Lovely 😊

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:35 pm

cheers WPT

partypie wrote:

awesome, not sure if your in melbourne, but anyhow we have all experienced lockdown to some degree, these moments really hammer home how hard lockdown was, and how much we should do the right things so we dont miss these one of moments. cheers, thats brilliant

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:53 pm

Second bike ride in 3 days: 55 km’s at a slowish pace.

Got my Trump / Rasputin / locks shawn off: 2 on the sides and 4 for the rest. Wow friggin short compared to the quasi 70’s style I was sporting. There goes 2 kg on my way to losing weight 😜

Forgot how much I love riding my bike 😊

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:41 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Second bike ride in 3 days: 55 km’s at a slowish pace.

Got my Trump / Rasputin / locks shawn off: 2 on the sides and 4 for the rest. Wow friggin short compared to the quasi 70’s style I was sporting. There goes 2 kg on my way to losing weight 😜

Forgot how much I love riding my bike 😊

hmmm i wonder how id look bald!

partypie 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:55 am

think positive wrote:
cheers WPT

partypie wrote:

awesome, not sure if your in melbourne, but anyhow we have all experienced lockdown to some degree, these moments really hammer home how hard lockdown was, and how much we should do the right things so we dont miss these one of moments. cheers, thats brilliant

I’m in WA where life has been relatively normal compared to other places, such as Victoria. The hard border is supposed to end in a couple of weeks except for people from NSW and Vic. The main impact here is economic with winners and losers. Tourism has boomed in the regions and there is a labour shortage as well as a rental shortage and some of the building companies have closed their books for the immediate future.

I fully appreciate how fortunate I am to be able to enjoy the company of my family - it could be a different story after this weekend when we will be painting the inside of my daughters new home
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:17 am

partypie wrote:
think positive wrote:
cheers WPT

partypie wrote:

I’m in WA where life has been relatively normal compared to other places, such as Victoria. The hard border is supposed to end in a couple of weeks except for people from NSW and Vic. The main impact here is economic with winners and losers. Tourism has boomed in the regions and there is a labour shortage as well as a rental shortage and some of the building companies have closed their books for the immediate future.

I fully appreciate how fortunate I am to be able to enjoy the company of my family - it could be a different story after this weekend when we will be painting the inside of my daughters new home

You (or someone in ur family) live in that beautiful area where I once rode on a bicycle trip with more than a thousand others back in 2013 don’t you? (The name of the place of course escapes me)

partypie 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:08 pm

I remember the Great bike ride in south west Australia. I recently went through Nannup, Denmark etc. good winter rains over winter meant stunning wildflowers. It’s a a beautiful part of the country
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:26 pm

Yesterday, first day of unemployment and stuff is open, I was like a dog let off the chain.

First Bunnings, home for brunch then off to the Tip to get rid of the green waste and cardboard boxes. Found a new Supercheap Auto on the way home, popped in got a new dolly wheel for the trailer to replace the one the son busted, and another Bunnings run in the arvo.

This morning went to Greensborough Plaza, had brunch, did some shopping and wandered around.

Many of the bigger shops have a QR code setup, which I used, shame we don't have a single statewide system instead of hundreds or thousands of different ones, but that would require a competent government.

Gardening in the arvo then another Bunnings run, this time I took the old girl for a drive and let her go through the plants. She's only been out of the house 3 times in the past 16 weeks so she enjoyed it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 23 of 101   

Jump to: