Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I've done a lot of reflection in the past few weeks, I think my time in HR is done.

I'm going to resign when my boss is back from holidays and get a referral from my GP to a psych. Dumbest decision I could make financially, but it's about quality of life.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:17 pm

stui magpie wrote:
After battling with anxiety for the past 2 months, particularly the past fortnight. having a weekend away confirmed what I thought. The issue is work.

Had a really enjoyable couple of days, no symptoms, just enjoyed.

decision made, see ya work.

Well done you 👍

While I wasn’t getting anxiety at work I spent 19 years in ED of which 5 included PACER ( police) great job in many respects having a lot of relative autonomy. However my last manager was such a micro manager that she made it tense when she walked in. A lot of staff quit. When COVID happened I asked to get moved sideways into my current role.
What a change, while structured it’s so supportive I still pinch myself.

Well done for the change 👍

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:23 pm

Wow Stui, time comes for everyone in work. I threw work in at end of June. I had had a gutful of my business for a couple of years, went on anti depressants but time had come.

We've done the sea change and it is the greatest thing we've done apart from kids I suppose. No more phone calls and all the bullshit.

Start living your life and don't be tied down by work. Money isn't everything.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:28 am

stui magpie wrote:
After battling with anxiety for the past 2 months, particularly the past fortnight. having a weekend away confirmed what I thought. The issue is work.

Had a really enjoyable couple of days, no symptoms, just enjoyed.

decision made, see ya work.

hugs. look after you xx

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:28 am

partypie wrote:
Enjoy TP!
Yesterday I continued with planting more plants, mostly local natives on the non bush part of our block, stopped for lunch looking into some bush and finally saw a pair of birds (Rufus whistlers) I have been hearing - they have a distinctive melodic song - and trying to spot for at least a year. It makes me happy to see such a diversity of plants and animals.

nice, im looking forward to more animals and birds and less people!

except for footy of course!

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:23 am

think positive wrote:
partypie wrote:
Enjoy TP!
Yesterday I continued with planting more plants, mostly local natives on the non bush part of our block, stopped for lunch looking into some bush and finally saw a pair of birds (Rufus whistlers) I have been hearing - they have a distinctive melodic song - and trying to spot for at least a year. It makes me happy to see such a diversity of plants and animals.

Our sea change has brought us to Paradise Beach in Gippsland. We love it, no people, at 3 hrs from Melbourne it's too far for city day trippers.

The animals and birds are amazing. Last evening we had 5 metres from our back door, mummy roo with her joey in it's pouch and another sibling feeding on the grass. Wallabies come and go, elusive buggers.

Birds are incredible, black cockies, sulphur crested cockies [not in huge flocks like Melbourne]. Crimson and Eastern Rosellas, Currawongs, Kookaburras, Wattle birds, Superb Blue Wrens, Willy Wagtails, Whip birds and not forgetting the Mighty Magpies.

Just up the road there are Emus wandering around in paddocks. We have a family of Jackie lizards in our front yard. Unfortunately, our first week here we encountered some snakes. They scare the shit out of us, but after educating myself about them, my fear factor has dropped from 10 to around 5.

We are beach front, with the ocean noise only broken by the occasional sound of the RAAF roulettes practicing overhead. Pretty cool actually. Fishing is on the agenda, but just don't have the time atm.

Maybe a new category for sea/tree change could be made for our observations.
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:57 am

stui magpie wrote:
Thanks guys, I've done a lot of reflection in the past few weeks, I think my time in HR is done.

I'm going to resign when my boss is back from holidays and get a referral from my GP to a psych. Dumbest decision I could make financially, but it's about quality of life.

Good for you, hope all goes well. money isn't important nice but not important, happy life is far better!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:35 pm

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
think positive wrote:
partypie wrote:
Enjoy TP!

Our sea change has brought us to Paradise Beach in Gippsland. We love it, no people, at 3 hrs from Melbourne it's too far for city day trippers.

The animals and birds are amazing. Last evening we had 5 metres from our back door, mummy roo with her joey in it's pouch and another sibling feeding on the grass. Wallabies come and go, elusive buggers.

Birds are incredible, black cockies, sulphur crested cockies [not in huge flocks like Melbourne]. Crimson and Eastern Rosellas, Currawongs, Kookaburras, Wattle birds, Superb Blue Wrens, Willy Wagtails, Whip birds and not forgetting the Mighty Magpies.

Just up the road there are Emus wandering around in paddocks. We have a family of Jackie lizards in our front yard. Unfortunately, our first week here we encountered some snakes. They scare the shit out of us, but after educating myself about them, my fear factor has dropped from 10 to around 5.

We are beach front, with the ocean noise only broken by the occasional sound of the RAAF roulettes practicing overhead. Pretty cool actually. Fishing is on the agenda, but just don't have the time atm.

Maybe a new category for sea/tree change could be made for our observations.

great idea! start a thread

or maybe Stu already did? cant remember xxx

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:37 pm

stui magpie wrote:

HR is the shittiest job you can do. Between all the laws and regulation, the woke brigade, the snow flakes, the fake bullying / harassment claims and the entitled mentality it's a zero enjoyment role.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:50 pm

Today as a whole has been a great day, very happy all round and the trade news made it even better!!! 😄😄
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:21 pm

Thanks all for the kind comments.

All formalised today. I spoke to my boss on Monday, told her what and why I was doing. Had a face to face with her this morning, really very supportive which I appreciated, left the option open for me to come back in some capacity if and when I feel like I can do that.

Had the consult with the Doc, geez I scored there, she is brilliant. Mapped it all out for me, txted me links to 4 different psych joints and some online mental health resources.

Next steps are I finish up next Thursday, the boss will waive the rest of the notice period. Doc offered to give me a MC to put me on sick leave from now for the 4 week notice period but I said No, I'd rather push through for 1 more week, do a proper handover and leave on good terms.

Next I book in for a psych. Tried the Doc's first pref this arvo and they aren't taking new clients until Feb so I'll make some calls on friday and see what i can do, in between that it's in to the Doc for a full mental health plan, try to extract some of my taxes back from Centrelink so I'm not reliant purely on savings and take it one step at a time.

Onward and upward, lets ride this pony and see where it goes.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:18 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Thanks all for the kind comments.

All formalised today. I spoke to my boss on Monday, told her what and why I was doing. Had a face to face with her this morning, really very supportive which I appreciated, left the option open for me to come back in some capacity if and when I feel like I can do that.

Had the consult with the Doc, geez I scored there, she is brilliant. Mapped it all out for me, txted me links to 4 different psych joints and some online mental health resources.

Next steps are I finish up next Thursday, the boss will waive the rest of the notice period. Doc offered to give me a MC to put me on sick leave from now for the 4 week notice period but I said No, I'd rather push through for 1 more week, do a proper handover and leave on good terms.

Next I book in for a psych. Tried the Doc's first pref this arvo and they aren't taking new clients until Feb so I'll make some calls on friday and see what i can do, in between that it's in to the Doc for a full mental health plan, try to extract some of my taxes back from Centrelink so I'm not reliant purely on savings and take it one step at a time.

Onward and upward, lets ride this pony and see where it goes.

If you cant get one, don’t like them, try Jacqui louder, she’s at AAMI, and yes collingwoods jacqui, she’s amazing , cheers. You should be really proud of yourself,

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:32 pm

Cheers jo, I'll def look her up.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:42 pm

https://www.opsmc.com.au/person/jacqui-louder/
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:08 pm

Cheers Jo, got one organised, first appt 30 Jan. I can work with that.

Good day today, spotted the old PS2 out the back and a bunch of games for it I hadn't looked at for well over 10 years, so pulled it out, plugged it in and FMD it still works Shocked Very Happy

That's coming to Toc next weekend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 74 of 101   

Jump to: