Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 10:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, those are the go, I assume you're talking gas?
It'll need a power point, if there's not already one there. You'll be up for around $2000-$2500 all up I reckon.

When we bought our place, the HWS was a 50 litre electric in the roof space, I must have changed it out 4 or 5 times over the years before putting the gas one in, kept the daughters showers brief Very Happy

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 1:24 pm

Yeah, gas one. Will need an outdoor powerpoint but there's an inside one nearby they can piggyback off.

And good estimate on the price. Gonna cost a bit extra as they have to do some pipe work, wrong size pipe, but not for any great distance as the meter is only 3m from the existing hot water unit, so unit, installation, outside powerpoint and pipe work, all up $3k

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 4:25 pm

Ah yes, those instant ones need a bit more gas. Upgrade a few meters to 25mm pipe.
$3000 is fair.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:56 pm

Since becoming a teetotaller, drunks shit me to tears.

I'm not against people having a drink, but geez, know your limits.
Went to a long time friends daughters wedding last night and it was a great night... until someone power spewed on the dance floor.
Young chics, goodness me, not a good look girls. Trail of vomit to the toilets, a blocked dunny and the stench just finished it for me.

The car load of drunks I drove home were fun though Very Happy

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:21 pm

So went into the Heidelberg office today, feeling good, had a good day, until around 4pm when the receptionist came out the back holding the remains of my cars side mirror.

Some fkn cnut had clipped it driving past and the bloke who's house I was parked in front of had seen it, assumed I was a worker and bought it around.

****. It was the Redline too, the ute is off the road, needs new plugs and a service. Mad

As I was leaving, the bloke in the house came back with his daughter. They have a CCTV camera and she'd gone through the footage and had some still shots of the car that clipped me on her phone, which she texted to me. Funny shape, stretched 4 door sedan, looks like a Toyota Crown but can't see the plates.

Poor bugger kept apologising to me, I'm telling him he has nothing to be sorry for, and thanking him for letting me know and giving me the pics.

Now I really need to get the ute back on the road, then see about getting the mirror fixed. Mad

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:44 pm

So got the mirror back on the Redline (love that car) but the Ute, she fungool. 4Nic8ed. Mad Sad

Basically motor needs refurbishing or replacing.

Did a lot of thinking, was nearly going to scrap it and get a new 4WD but sanity prevailed. I don't need 2 good cars with all that goes with that, I just need a daily driver Ute that I can cart stuff in and don't care if it gets scratched or dented by dickheads.

2nd hand car prices at the moment, to get anything similar is going to cost more than a reco engine and I'm buying someone elses problems, so now I'm in the market for a reco engine. Had a chat to my usual mechanic today, spoke to one place in Hberg, couple of other options.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:55 pm

Something gone screwy with the morning news paper delivery. 5 days last week, no paper. Reported it online but kept happening.

3 times I came back from the morning walk, no paper, so had to drive to the supermarket after my shower and before work so Mum would have it there when she got up. 2 others I bought it while on my walk.

I read the news online, only get a paper version for her.

Rang up yesterday and complained, got all sorts of apologies, refunds and assurances that the distributor would get a rocket.

No fkn paper again this morning Mad

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:07 pm

Maybe you need a camera out the front see if someone is stealing it?
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:22 pm

^Stui checks cameras...

[/img][/quote]

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:38 pm

Reminds me of the time I got my neighbour.

His Sunday Times was delivered early. I went and grabbed it off his lawn, unwrapped it and substituted it with the week earlier edition.

I wish I'd filmed him unwrapping it in his dressing gown on the front lawn that day... it still makes me laugh when I think about it. Very Happy

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:25 pm

Hah,

Pretty sure it's not the neighbors or their dogs, if I thought it was I'd sit out the front with the air rifle on full crank and shoot em in the gooch when they bent over.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:15 pm

So more than 2 weeks, still waiting for the ute.

It's been going to be ready "tomorrow" since Tuesday. Motor in, needed a new computer, etc. Got a call yesterday, got problems, need to do more stuff.

I said, OK, leave it til next week, I'm planning on going up north for the weekend.

Response, nah, it'll be right Friday.

Ok. So instead of heading North I stay home, quick bit of shopping and do some washing and basically sit on my arse waiting for the phone to ring.

4pm I cracked and called up. Nah, need to do the timing something.

Look, I'm happy that he's making sure it's all good, but FFS tell me that yesterday. I just wasted a day sitting around being frustrated.

The saving grace is the neighbour. Couple of days ago he was saying about how much he could sell his 2 year old Landcruiser for. "moneypit but unbreakable" was how he described it.

Tonight he comes home looking pissed off having just spent over $5k to replace the clutch. How you burn out a heavy duty landcruiser clutch in 2 years has me phucked

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:15 pm

He stupidly told a mechanic he was selling? Wink
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:21 pm

Flying up to work this afternoon after almost 4 weeks off.

Good thing is, it's only a short one (3 days/7 nights) and it's my last one at Roy Hill. Cool

Start my next adventure with IGO at the NOVA nickel/copper mine out SE of the goldfields. This'll be a new part of the state for me to work in, I did do my first year of Primary school at Kambalda when the old man was working in the nickel mines there.
All my stints prior have been in the; Kimberley, Pilbara & Gascoyne regions. Doesn't get anywhere near the mid 50's in summer, maxes out in the low 40's. Does get sub zero in the winter months, but it's only for a short time.

Will miss the 2/2 (new roster 8/6), the heated swimming pool and the food at Roy Hill. Will not miss; night shift, arrogant and incompetent leadership team or the over the top safety wank.

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:00 pm

ah the Nova deposit. made a few shareholders very wealthy (I was not a shareholder unfortunately). I think Sirius made the discovery and IGO bought them out. I have shares in a couple of others in that region (Fraser Range) they are looking for the next Nova
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 27 of 47   

Jump to: