Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's clearly some so called safety thingo to make sure you stay in your lane but it was frigging annoying.

When country driving, when stuck behind something large I'll often shimmy over toward the middle to see if anything is coming. Having the car fight me would drive me demented.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:34 pm

Yep, the beeping is enough to drive me nuts when I leave my lane, but for the car to actually correct you would really suck.

It’s worst in local streets when passing parked cars.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:31 pm

I hate online shopping, especially for things you haven’t bought before as no idea what they’ll actually be like.

I saw a jacket i liked and it was selling quickly so but they bullet and bought it. Finally arrived today and i get the package and it’s very thin, I think bugger it’s nothing like I thought it’s going to be shit for that amount of money.

Nope, turns out the package was so thin because it wasn’t in there!!! I bought a jacket and a pin and I got a large package with just the pin so they’ve totally £$%$ed up at the warehouse. Waiting to hear back from them but it’s bloody annoying as it’s sold out so it’s possible I might never actually get it 😢
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:45 pm

If you went via Amazon they are pretty good on follow up.

Good luck

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:11 pm

Thanks, they have no stock so getting a refund. But they were helpful and told me other places which stocked it including one which had it on sale, so got it already with click and collect and saved money! Might have to move it to what made me happy thread!!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:54 pm

Replaced a washer in the kitchen tap yesterday. Was a pain getting the old tap handle off so I thought I'd get some new ones.

Jumped on Bunnings website, found some, in stock at my local, that weren't too expensive, bought them on the click and collect along with some fertiliser for the garden.

Couple of hours later get an email, sorry we haven't got those tap handles in stock, we've refunded your money.

FFS, ever heard of a stocktake? If you don't have any, don't tell me you do and then just cancel and refund. Mad

Might just go over in work pants and hi vis and pretend I'm a tradie so I can actually look at what's there, damn car park at lunchtime today when I went to collect the fertiliser was near full, heaps of "tradies" walking in and out.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:55 pm

It pisses me off that Hubby just walks in! Actually I might grab the trade pass and make the trip! Spent the weekend in Fluro working on the rental hopefully for the last time! Ripped out the garden, patched fences, well hubby did, cleaned ithe yard up, painters coming tomorrow! With the market still high and so many regulations coming in it’s time to say goodbye!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:54 pm

Do you have to show a Trade pass? If you do I might borrow the neighbours.

Anyway, caved and made a Chiropractor appointment, need to get my left shoulder seen to, there's some things it just refuses to do. Been working on the kettlebell and small weights for a few months with little problems but as soon as I tried to get back on the heavier weights, shoulder was very unhappy. One exercise I do which is lay on a sliding bench, put arms above head, grasp handle and do pull ups, shoulder point blank refuses to even let me grip the handles. Soon as I try to get in position some cnut under the bench starts stabbing me.

Gonna have a break for a couple of days, see if rest helps, then try the Chiro in a fortnight. (earliest I could get in)

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:38 pm

So saw the Chiro this morning. Seems that the exercises I've been doing are great for the muscles in front but the ones in back of my shoulders have been feeling left out, particularly on the left side, exacerbated by working from home.

Got some seriously restricted movement in left shoulder. This guy could get a job in Guantanamo Bay interrogating people but after he used this little jackhammer thingo on me, it did feel better.

So, no weights for a week, work on doing the stretching exercises he gave me to loosen up the muscles, back again next week and soonish get some new exercises to add balance, then re-start again.

Getting older sucks, the body just goes F U I want to sit on the couch and get fat.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:27 pm

I'm not an ANZ customer luckily but I'm wishing to pay someone who is.

15 hours later since I first tried and they still haven't resolved the issue with OSKO payments

Major hack or just hopeless IT people?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:35 pm

I had to google OSKO, but interbank payments often take 24 hours so banks can use held funds to play on the overseas money markets overnight.
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:51 pm

I'm with ANZ. What I found with OSKO is regular payers will show up immediately but new payers will take up to 36 hours.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:18 pm

stui magpie wrote:
So saw the Chiro this morning. Seems that the exercises I've been doing are great for the muscles in front but the ones in back of my shoulders have been feeling left out, particularly on the left side, exacerbated by working from home.

Got some seriously restricted movement in left shoulder. This guy could get a job in Guantanamo Bay interrogating people but after he used this little jackhammer thingo on me, it did feel better.

So, no weights for a week, work on doing the stretching exercises he gave me to loosen up the muscles, back again next week and soonish get some new exercises to add balance, then re-start again.

Getting older sucks, the body just goes F U I want to sit on the couch and get fat.

What’s the deal with chiropractic? I’ve heard a lot of people say it’s pseudoscientific and more specifically that they stuff your back up permanently. Yet people who go there tend to be positive about it. (I do need to see someone soon as I’ve been having a bit of back soreness and want to get on top of it before it’s too late.)

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:28 pm

The guy I saw seemed to know his stuff. I went to the Physio last year when I had neck and shoulder pain, the massages worked but the exercises didn't so I went to the Chiropractor this time.

Similar, he explained stuff and was right on the money with referred pain (as was the physio), he gave me some stretches to do which hurt but I'm doing them, I'll get back to you after another couple of weeks.

He cracked my neck, twice, which freaked me out but didn't hurt.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:22 am

went to a phsyio once, dont like all those cracking noises! i go to phsios at proper sports medical centres if i need to now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 22 of 46   

Jump to: