Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sicks Bux wrote:
David wrote:
Haha, classic first-world problems! My office doesn't even have air-conditioning. Wink

That's barbaric.

I grew up without having it, so don't miss it too much! But it does get pretty unbearable at times in summer, I'll say that much. On the plus side, the office is a beautiful 100-year-old apartment in St Kilda, so I'm not complaining!

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:40 pm

Doctors

It seems in this new Covid world, even with no cases for months, if you are sick you can’t actually see a doctor for a few days because you have to get a Covid test first and then wait for the result. When that comes back negative in a few days you can try and make a doctors appointment. Meanwhile people just get sicker and sicker...Great system 👍
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:50 am

You can do a phone visit in the meantime.

Or if it’s urgent, call an ambulance,

Or you can just rant at doctors because you know, they have lived a life of luxury all year happily potentially dealing with life and death for them and their families if they win the covid lottery, poor you.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:47 pm

The phone visit was get a Covid test and calling an ambulance is why the other day there was massive delays for Ambulances.

But it wasn’t me, I had to watch a 3 y.o in pain for 4 days until he can get the antibiotics he needed.

When there was Covid in a he community you could see a doctor without a test. Now there is none they’re being ultra cautious? If you can’t see a doctor about an illness then the world has gone mad.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:53 pm

Our doctors does phone consultations as 1st step. If you then need to go into the surgery, they will book an appointment during phone consult. Bookings are online but if it is urgent or not sure can call.

They have set up a system to email repeat prescriptions to local pharmacies so you don't have to go to the practice.

There is one doctor who will not see patients with any cold or flu symptoms but it is easy enough to book with someone else.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:56 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
The phone visit was get a Covid test and calling an ambulance is why the other day there was massive delays for Ambulances.

But it wasn’t me, I had to watch a 3 y.o in pain for 4 days until he can get the antibiotics he needed.

When there was Covid in a he community you could see a doctor without a test. Now there is none they’re being ultra cautious? If you can’t see a doctor about an illness then the world has gone mad.

Mate, I would have just put the kid in the car and driven then to the nearest emergency department.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:28 pm

yup,
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:02 pm

Getting halfway through a tv series and finding the second half of the season doesn’t have subtitles 😢
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:09 pm

Got given an iPhone as my work mobile. Piece of shit, hate it, can't drive it. stuff doesn't work and fixing it is impossible. Steve Jobs revenge on the world.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:11 pm

^ Sounds like an unusual problem Eddiesmith. Are you watching from a legit source?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:30 pm

Bucks5 wrote:
^ Sounds like an unusual problem Eddiesmith. Are you watching from a legit source?

Not that unusual unfortunately with the FTA networks in Australia. 10 play simply doesn't upload anything with subtitles, have to pay for that and it's only their premium shows anyway. 9Now is very hit and miss and 7Plus is usually good but not on this occasion. You get the odd episode in nearly every series with no subtitles at all, sometimes part 1 has them and part 2 doesn't or vice versa in 2 part episodes!

The 2 shows I've had the issue with this week I think had bulk uploads before Christmas, so usually they go up after airing in Australia and they're fine, but they seem to have dumped half a season in 1 go and no subtitles for any of those new episodes.

Or maybe captioning services aren't Covid safe?
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:40 am

That is pretty poor of the commercial networks to treat the deaf community like that. I was expecting that you were watching illegal downloads which can be hit and miss with subtitles (especially for shows and movies with non english speaking parts).
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:29 am

stui magpie wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Mate, I would have just put the kid in the car and driven then to the nearest emergency department.

Why would anyone leave a child in pain for so long? of course you’d do that. Almost negligent not to. Then again if you were so inclined it’s a good way to blame someone else for leaving your child in pain.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:57 am

Got up this morning, no power to the kitchen/ living area.

Tried resetting the switch, nada.
Unplugged every single furking thing in the zone, nope.

Now waiting for a sparky, seems odds on the fuse/switch has sh1t itself

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:25 am

Sparky been and gone, switch/fuse unit had sh1t itself. Had to go buy a new one and fit it, meanwhile I got to go around and plug everything back in.

So that's 3 hours of my morning lost.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 17 of 46   

Jump to: