Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I get that. At momshomethere was a lady physically fit, she walked laps of the home all day, but upstairsleft the building long before, and another, as you say sharp as a tack, but couldn’t feed herself or do anything, Doris, a wonderful lady.

Your doing the best you can and She knows that. Hopefully the back is quick to heal. Enjoy each other’s company , xxx

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:51 pm

She’s football crazy, she’s football mad, the football it has taken away the little bit of ‘hope’ she had! Ugh
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:07 am

The prick in the car who took off with the cop hanging onto the door should be charged with assault with a deadly weapon, attempted murder, endangering the public, and all the Covid charges. No bail. Lock the %$^%$£$% up
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:59 pm

^

I assume they caught him? I remember it being said he was found to be positive so that does mean they got him or just knew who he was?

I continue to be pissed off with the society that Dan Andrews is creating, one of hating your fellow Victorians and abusing them because despite us being in this mess due to government incompetence, Dan blamed Victorians not following the rules (Even though he sanctioned those rule breaking by giving them exemptions from fines) and so many people now follow their dear leader like sheep.

Two things today. A woman was abused by someone because they didn’t think she had the right type of mask on. **** off, that’s the whole problem with this dumb ass policy, it’s not about wearing masks that will protect anyone, because anything will do...But it’s not up to people to be wannabe police officers!

Then I had an old bloke toot at me and look angrily because as he drove past I had my face covering down to talk to someone with no one else around, sorry you old coot but that’s allowed in my situation, so once again, **** OFF!!!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:36 pm

^

Couple of points there Eddie.

1. I don't blame Dan for creating a society etc etc, those kind of people existed before and will exist after. The self entitled with delusions of adequacy who think they're entitled to inflict their opinion on others.

2. Just ignore the F wits.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:43 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
^

I assume they caught him? I remember it being said he was found to be positive so that does mean they got him or just knew who he was?

I continue to be pissed off with the society that Dan Andrews is creating, one of hating your fellow Victorians and abusing them because despite us being in this mess due to government incompetence, Dan blamed Victorians not following the rules (Even though he sanctioned those rule breaking by giving them exemptions from fines) and so many people now follow their dear leader like sheep.

Two things today. A woman was abused by someone because they didn’t think she had the right type of mask on. **** off, that’s the whole problem with this dumb ass policy, it’s not about wearing masks that will protect anyone, because anything will do...But it’s not up to people to be wannabe police officers!

Then I had an old bloke toot at me and look angrily because as he drove past I had my face covering down to talk to someone with no one else around, sorry you old coot but that’s allowed in my situation, so once again, **** OFF!!!

I hate the busybody mask policing too. Just take care of your own mask and find something better to do with your life than yelling at strangers who may well have a valid reason not to wear one (or may not even need to, as in the example you give and others I've heard). Haven't come across much of this behaviour in public myself, but have certainly heard about it from others and it's very disappointing. And yeah, people like this have always existed and always will, but I do kind of blame Dan a little for not going easier on the fire-and-brimstone rhetoric and doing more to genuinely promote (as opposed to merely give lip-service to) sympathy and solidarity. The messaging here is important to get right, but I kind of get the impression that the only way they know how to use it is as a blunt instrument.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:26 am

I dunno about solidarity, I've reached the point where the word "unprecedented" and the phrase "We're all in this together" trigger an irrational urge to vomit and throw a brick at someone/something.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:53 am

im getting that too now, it certainly doesnt feel that way, our whole family has had it, we have pretty much stopped watching the start of the news, its too depressing. I check here for the numbers, and news. im sick of hearing "our condolences to the families" and then only 100 today, good news!!!

no, its not

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:10 pm

Well, we do pre-release the numbers here, usually a couple of hours before the Premier. Wink

Just 5 reclassifications today, so the final net new case figure is 144 and the weekly average is exactly 166 new cases per day for the last 7 days.

There are now "only" (that is, relative to the figures in the 7,000s) 3,488 active cases in Victoria but 1,487 of those (ie a little under 42%) are counted as associated with an "aged care outbreak". Hopefully, many of those "active" aged care cases are actually on the way to recovery and just still being technically included in the "active" count - otherwise, we are going to continue to see high numbers of fatalities, even though the number of new infections is declining. The DHHS "dashboard" graph of the age groups of active cases indicates that about 1,330 people aged 70 or over had the disease yesterday.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:18 pm

think positive wrote:
im getting that too now, it certainly doesnt feel that way, our whole family has had it, we have pretty much stopped watching the start of the news, its too depressing. I check here for the numbers, and news. im sick of hearing "our condolences to the families" and then only 100 today, good news!!!

no, its not

I've had enough as well.

I stopped watching Andrews' press conferences weeks ago, and the slogans are doing my head in now.

Just tell us the latest numbers via a simple press release and occasionally come and address the media/public over any new policy changes or announcements.

Looking forward to September 14. I'm in dire need of a haircut.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:32 pm

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:

no, its not

I've had enough as well.

I stopped watching Andrews' press conferences weeks ago, and the slogans are doing my head in now.

Just tell us the latest numbers via a simple press release and occasionally come and address the media/public over any new policy changes or announcements.

After growing the mullet for near 2 years I gave myself a home No. 4 four weeks ago. Last time my hair was this short I hadn't turned 1.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:29 pm

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:

no, its not

I've had enough as well.

Yep, same old crap every day about trying to dodge questions people want answered.

Sutton is the only value of the daily press conferences now.

It was must watch when things were happening, but given we're in these stage 4 restrictions and with numbers improving, there is no reason for any further restrictions, there is no news each day.

Maybe on September 14th we will all watch again to find out the next stage, because he doesn't seem to be willing to make any announcements until then.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:48 pm

So, what do you say the numbers are going to be on September 14th?
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:50 pm

^Pfft.

You'd be the very first in line to scream blue bloody murder about "government secrets" and "Dictator Dan" and "what has he got to hide" if he wasn't giving press conferences.

Admit it. All you do is hate, hate, hate. Sometimes we laugh. Mostly it's boring.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:55 pm

No, I just roll my eyes at the idiots who keep complaining if we don't hear from ScoMo every day as if now daily press conferences are a must, even though there isn't really anything for the Feds to discuss. Dan went his own route, now he has to live with those failures.

When there was something happening, it was useful, now its just boring.

When there was something happening, he wasn't there every day, but now he doesn't trust anyone else it seems.

But its probably good for him so he has an excuse to leave the house and go to work for a few hours every day so he doesn't have to experience the mental toll of being stuck home day after day after day that everyone else is
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 12 of 47   

Jump to: