Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Typing up more interview transcripts.

It was bad enough doing them from audio recordings but these ones are video recordings of Teams meetings.

The audio is much clearer but I have to look at my own ugly mug talking at me.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:35 pm

Question for you, should a candidate be allowed to watch the teams recording of a job interview?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:48 pm

After the interview has been done?

If they were unsuccessful, No.

If they were successful, I'd be having a conversation as to why they want to. Watching a video of yourself presenting or being interviewed is definitely cringe worthy but also has benefits for learning. It depends on their motivation and the situation.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:06 pm

Thanks, I asked to watch one but the HR person never got back to me. I was curious if my answers were as bad as they felt on the day and any learnings I could get from it.

But I ended up getting a job I’d had an interview for the day before that I felt I did poorly in 😂

Although in saying that, I asked but I could still watch it today if I wanted to given its on the teams chat!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:13 pm

Yeah, look you can always ask for feedback but recruiters are going to be defensive and cautious of giving you anything you could use against them. Plus that, once they've made a decision they have little interest in the unsuccessful candidate and don't want to spend time in something that has no benefit to them.

The best advice I could give for interviews is to try to anticipate from the selection criteria what kind of questions you'll be asked.

Expect behavioral questions like "tell me about a time when ABC happened, what did you do, how did it work out" and take some time to write yourself some prompts about suitable situations you were in, so you aren't doing a goldfish impersonation under pressure.

most important thing is try to relax and let them see who you are just a bit. . If they don't like who you are, you probably don't want to work there anyway. Let them see your personality, but without going stupid.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:57 pm

Feeling like shit just because the Premier of this state has a needle fetish…
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:33 pm

When people break the law and yet get treated as the victim by the always outraged social media mob.

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league/security-guards-over-the-top-hit-on-female-streaker-to-trigger-review-after-titans-loss-to-eels-c-6397975
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:24 pm

^
Quote:
Eels halfback Mitch Moses, who was lining up a kick at goal at the time, was also stunned by the level of aggression in the tackle, with vision showing him putting his hands on his heads in shock as the pitch invader was slammed into the ground.

and
Quote:
The Gold Coast Titans are reviewing the security provider at their home ground of Cbus Super Stadium after a female streaker was brutally tackled to the ground during the club’s loss to the Parramatta Eels on Saturday night.

In a statement provided to 7NEWS, the club said it was make enquiries about the tackle, described as ‘heavy handed’ by Titans chairman Dennis Watt.

The club’s chairman earlier said the tackle, which left the streaker completely airborne, put the pitch invader at serious risk of injury.

“There needs to be a review of what happened,” Watt told News Corp.

“From where I was sitting it did seem heavy-handed. It could have been handled better.

“You heard this collective intake of breath around the ground.

“It did seem over the top and it put the intruder at real physical risk.”

So, the chairman of the home team and a star of the away team were outraged by this - but you'd like to do a drive-by on the "outraged social media mob"? Rolling Eyes
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:25 pm

Two things.

1. She shouldn't have been on the ground, security treated her the same as they would a bloke. if people think they should have gently cradled her elbow and walked her off the ground, maybe the general approach of security should be in question regardless of the gender of the trespasser.

2. If you're going to "streak" on the ground, get your gear off. Modern day streakers of all genders are weak as piss. Helen D'Amico would shake her head

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:00 pm

So we await the complaints of the tackle on the protester at today's game as well...
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:01 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^
Quote:
Eels halfback Mitch Moses, who was lining up a kick at goal at the time, was also stunned by the level of aggression in the tackle, with vision showing him putting his hands on his heads in shock as the pitch invader was slammed into the ground.

and
Quote:
The Gold Coast Titans are reviewing the security provider at their home ground of Cbus Super Stadium after a female streaker was brutally tackled to the ground during the club’s loss to the Parramatta Eels on Saturday night.

In a statement provided to 7NEWS, the club said it was make enquiries about the tackle, described as ‘heavy handed’ by Titans chairman Dennis Watt.

The club’s chairman earlier said the tackle, which left the streaker completely airborne, put the pitch invader at serious risk of injury.

“There needs to be a review of what happened,” Watt told News Corp.

“From where I was sitting it did seem heavy-handed. It could have been handled better.

“You heard this collective intake of breath around the ground.

“It did seem over the top and it put the intruder at real physical risk.”

So, the chairman of the home team and a star of the away team were outraged by this - but you'd like to do a drive-by on the "outraged social media mob"? Rolling Eyes

Yes, the home team chairman goes into image saving mode straight away due to the social media outrage mob.

But every other streaker who gets tackled or hit and the crowd loves it, yet suddenly last night its an outrage...
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:03 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Two things.

1. She shouldn't have been on the ground, security treated her the same as they would a bloke. if people think they should have gently cradled her elbow and walked her off the ground, maybe the general approach of security should be in question regardless of the gender of the trespasser.

2. If you're going to "streak" on the ground, get your gear off. Modern day streakers of all genders are weak as piss. Helen D'Amico would shake her head

They'd already tried the gentle approach and she avoided, so of course the second security guard should ensure he does the job.

They have no idea what her intentions are and besides, they can't treat her differently as you cannot assume someone's gender these days either Wink
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:47 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Two things.

They'd already tried the gentle approach and she avoided, so of course the second security guard should ensure he does the job.

They have no idea what her intentions are and besides, they can't treat her differently as you cannot assume someone's gender these days either Wink

I agree,dont break the law,you don’t get tackled! Zero sympathy

(If it was a sling tackle unless her name is selwood, she should get weeks,)

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:28 pm

Victoria’s legal system is $%$ed.

See today a bloke who ran a red light and killed a 10 year old kid won’t even face jail time.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:21 pm

You got a link for that?

I try not to make judgement till I have some facts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 24 of 47   

Jump to: