Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It is often cheaper to buy a printer than to buy ink, Stupid but true.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:41 pm

There's a blue zone along the NSW side of the border where people are allowed to go to Vic and back, but it's narrow.

Toc would be the same, bugger all in town so rely on Cobram for small stuff and Shepparton for the rest. Border closed, far kin ell.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:44 pm

Tannin wrote:
It is often cheaper to buy a printer than to buy ink, Stupid but true.

very true.

They also change the design of printer cartridges frequently when new model printers are released, so your printer might be fine except you can't buy ink for it any more

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:20 pm

My Mum is deteriorating before my eyes - her leukaemia is making itself known again and making her feel like crap and she is so frail it breaks my heart. We will try an increase in her meds - if Aus Post ever decide to actually deliver mail in something resembling a decent time frame. If it doesn’t arrive tomorrow then I’m going to Peter Mac to pick one up - if I get fined so be it!

I know one thing whatever I have to do she won’t be going to hospital -especially at this time - whatever it takes.

Doesn’t really matter I suppose she is old so expendable according to scum like Bolt and his colleagues and followers.

And people wonder why I prefer animals Rolling Eyes Mad Sad

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:49 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Jo, I get it, there are far worse people than me and there are people in a far better position from everyone else, like the state MPs who don't have to work and yet gave themselves a massive pay rise more than millions of Victorians probably even earn in a year.

But this is the what pisses you off thread, so this is my venting, so I don't go and take it out on someone

My Nan and Aunty are really struggling, haven't been to the shops since March, some weeks I rock up to do their shopping and they are really down, it's killing them. Nan is upset she ever moved out of home but there is no way she could have been alone during this. I usually bring them wine or baileys when I visit, give them booze to keep them happy!

Yet that one day a week they get some company, yet reading the current restrictions I'm suppose to just dump their shopping on the door step and leave, yeah right! Actually in the first lockdown that's what we were doing, but eventually as the first restrictions eased my Aunty let me in the door. It would be hard on them if we went back to that.

Her grandkids used to visit between lockdowns but she won't see him for 6 weeks so I'm all they've got.

So yes I know what it's like for others and I do my bit. I help my Sister and Mum out with shopping as well because I don't fear the shops and we're lucky out here that the risk is very, very low.

But it doesn't mean I won't have my rants about the moron running this state and these ridiculous rules. People who have seen my Facebook profile pic probably think I'm an anti masker, but I like to rant but cant afford a $20 fine at the moment let alone $200.

cheers mate

i would have thought you could go in, as basically your a carer? can you talk to the local cops maybe?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:54 pm

Morrigu wrote:
My Mum is deteriorating before my eyes - her leukaemia is making itself known again and making her feel like crap and she is so frail it breaks my heart. We will try an increase in her meds - if Aus Post ever decide to actually deliver mail in something resembling a decent time frame. If it doesn’t arrive tomorrow then I’m going to Peter Mac to pick one up - if I get fined so be it!

I know one thing whatever I have to do she won’t be going to hospital -especially at this time - whatever it takes.

Doesn’t really matter I suppose she is old so expendable according to scum like Bolt and his colleagues and followers.

if you have a script for the Mac, surely they will understand? as a carer that is a vital journey?

I dont blame you, i wouldnt want to go near a hospital right now. and thats what pisses me off about these youngsters who think its funny to do this shit, the rallys and argue with the cops, do they not have grand parents?

the face book meme might be ..what ever you call it but its true,

they died and fought for us, cant we wear a mask for them?

its sickening.

My Fatherinlaw has a memory of about 5 min now, and less than 10% sight, i cant imagine what is going on in his head, hes such a sweet man, stuck in his room, he loves company.

Im sending one up for your mum, cheers xxx

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:38 pm

Morrigu wrote:

Any attempt at being supportive is going to come off condescending so I'll just say, that sucks and wish you the best in dealing with a lousy situation Sad

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:55 pm

^ thank you I very much appreciate the best wishes - sometimes you just need to vent Sad

Her Haematologist is wonderful - I emailed him he wrote another authority script and took it to the pharmacy - I popped in and picked them up around lunchtime - just wait now with everything crossed.

Oh and I only meant the spelling it was doing my head in (that illustrates my head space atm) sorry if it sounded rude!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:25 pm

Nah, no dramas, time for a change anyway.
partypie 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:56 am

Fingers crossed for your mum Morrigu
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:44 am

All the best, Morrigu – hope the increase helps her.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:06 pm

^ Thank you for your thoughts and wishes all of you - they are really appreciated.

I just don’t know what else to do - she has done something to her lower back now and trying to move is excruciating. My hubby made a pole which he screwed to the bed base so she can lever herself out of bed which is helping but...

When I showered her today I couldn’t help but think I’ve seen nursing home patients look better Sad

No point in going to hospital - they can’t do anything and she would be alone without the care she needs.

It’s heart breaking - I’m just venting pay no heed - no point venting with my siblings they aren’t any use and everyone is dealing with a myriad of issues in this COVID-19 time Crying or Very sad

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:13 pm

Morrigu wrote:
^ Thank you for your thoughts and wishes all of you - they are really appreciated.

I just don’t know what else to do - she has done something to her lower back now and trying to move is excruciating. My hubby made a pole which he screwed to the bed base so she can lever herself out of bed which is helping but...

When I showered her today I couldn’t help but think I’ve seen nursing home patients look better Sad

No point in going to hospital - they can’t do anything and she would be alone without the care she needs.

It’s heart breaking - I’m just venting pay no heed - no point venting with my siblings they aren’t any use and everyone is dealing with a myriad of issues in this COVID-19 time Crying or Very sad

so sorry to hear that, back pain is terrible, you cant escape it. I agree Shes better at home, you have to feel for the ones in nursing homes, all alone, especially the dementia patients. look after you too, its a tough time. I konw your doing every thing you can, cheers xxx

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:33 pm

With the back pain, can you get her to a physio or osteo? Get Sven in to do a massage in his G string which might at least take her mind off the pain?

Trying a bit of levity with the Sven crack, if it misses the mark sorry, but pain relief via physical manipulation is better than drugs any day, as long as it works.

Chin up, vent away. In the James Clavell Asian series including Taipan, he referred to a Shrieking Tree the Scots clan used. Maybe find something similar if Nicks isn't already it.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:07 pm

^ Laughing Sven in a g-string! She was a nurse - strangely enough we’ve seen enough bodies and willies over the years that it’s like meh!

Problem is because of the leukaemia she can’t take anti inflammatory meds like Nurofen which would probably help a lot or even gels that have any NSAIDs in them - I think she has just tweaked something trying to get out of bed quickly to go to the loo. No hope of getting her in the car at this stage.

She’s still as sharp as a tack - can’t help but wonder what would be preferable - physically ok and away with the pixies or not being affiliated with the pixies and being physically unwell Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 11 of 48   

Jump to: