Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 44, 45, 46  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lack of social distancing and rude pricks

I’m quite happy to stay well away from other people! But the biggest thing pissing me off atm is you try and stay away from people in a queue and it just invites other people to cut in. I’m pretty small so I just roll the eyes and say nothing cos I’d lose an altercation 99/100 times. But it’s happened a few times and it’s really annoying.

Now it’s not everyone, but if I was more specific I’d piss half the population off 😉
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:54 pm

G on, say it. It's a personal observation not an inappropriate generalisation. I hope.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:08 pm

Dan $$%^%%$ Andrews and that lying <snip> Lisa Neville

Both can get $%$ed
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:31 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Dan $�$%^%%$ Andrews and that lying bitch Lisa Neville

Both can get �$%$ed

Funny, I was going to put that into what makes me happy: The Daniel Andrews led Government.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:39 pm

Thinking I've lost my wallet. Checked everywhere, turned everything upside down. I knew it had to be in the house:

Found it 30 anxious minutes later: right down the side of the sofa Rolling Eyes

A few years ago I had to cancel my cards etc after losibg my wallet, geting new cards, new drivers license, medicare yada yada yad. I searched and searched everything I thought.

2 weeks later I was bending & turning whilke vacuuming and the said wallet had falled down the back of the chair as I'd hung my daks there and the wallet was sort of 1/2 coveres by the vertical part of the woodn dining chair & 1/2 tucked into the cushion on the wooden dining seat. So when I searched twice if not more, I'd lift the cushion to look under it without removing the cushion. The lifting on the front part of the cushion resulted in the the wallet continuing to be out of view. It was just the angle that made me find the f*cker Rolling Eyes

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:22 pm

watt price tully wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Both can get �$%$ed

Funny, I was going to put that into what makes me happy: The Daniel Andrews led Government.

Sure they’re great if you live in Suburban Melbourne, just don’t expect anything if you’re more than 20ks from the city then you’re $%$ed! If you live anywhere with a fire risk well you’re truly $%$ed and on your own!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:22 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Both can get �$%$ed

Sure they’re great if you live in Suburban Melbourne, just don’t expect anything if you’re more than 20ks from the city then you’re �$%$ed! If you live anywhere with a fire risk well you’re truly �$%$ed and on your own!

Country folk have always fared worse under libs and labour. Andrews is a lot better for the rural and provincial victorians because there are more nurses, teachers, police and fire people.

It’s about time the CFA was brought into the 21st Century. We needed a more coherent fire policy / structure. Too much of the CFA was unaccountable for far too long. That is not to say what we have now is perfect but it’s heading in the right direction. This too is not to say all CFA were a mess. But as an organisation they were far too unaccountable.
We just had an election in Victoria (or at least the most recent one) where the population voted overwhelmingly for the Andrews government. This of course included voting for reform of the CFA.
The issues related to Fire Fighting will include (and not limited to):

The fire
Preparation
Equipment
Communication
Training
And lines of communication amongst other things.

Despite the noisey protestations of a noisey few it is overwhelmingly the right decision organisationally.

(I still recall the noise in the city about placing the trains above rather than below. The locals overwhelmingly approve of the overhead trains). However, the conservative shrill rump who are change resistant and who represented 3 people were loud and had access to media and power.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:22 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Lack of social distancing and rude pricks

I’m quite happy to stay well away from other people! But the biggest thing pissing me off atm is you try and stay away from people in a queue and it just invites other people to cut in. I’m pretty small so I just roll the eyes and say nothing cos I’d lose an altercation 99/100 times. But it’s happened a few times and it’s really annoying.

Now it’s not everyone, but if I was more specific I’d piss half the population off 😉

I was in the office today, in the city.
Went to Emporium because I had to do a quick exchange at Uniqlo.

Spotted 3 girls sitting on a couch, no space between them and sharing lip gloss! FMD some people are stupid.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:29 pm

watt price tully wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Both can get �$%$ed

Sure they’re great if you live in Suburban Melbourne, just don’t expect anything if you’re more than 20ks from the city then you’re �$%$ed! If you live anywhere with a fire risk well you’re truly �$%$ed and on your own!

Country folk have always fared worse under libs and labour. Andrews is a lot better for the rural and provincial victorians because there are more nurses, teachers, police and fire people.

It’s about time the CFA was brought into the 21st Century. We needed a more coherent fire policy / structure. Too much of the CFA was unaccountable for far too long. That is not to say what we have now is perfect but it’s heading in the right direction. This too is not to say all CFA were a mess. But as an organisation they were far too unaccountable.
We just had an election in Victoria (or at least the most recent one) where the population voted overwhelmingly for the Andrews government. This of course included voting for reform of the CFA.
The issues related to Fire Fighting will include (and not limited to):

The fire
Preparation
Equipment
Communication
Training
And lines of communication amongst other things.

Despite the noisey protestations of a noisey few it is overwhelmingly the right decision organisationally.

(I still recall the noise in the city about placing the trains above rather than below. The locals overwhelmingly approve of the overhead trains). However, the conservative shrill rump who are change resistant and who represented 3 people were loud and had access to media and power.

A few? How many ministers, ceos, cos etc need to be fired/quit before people realise it’s not a sensible solution?

Their reforms remove the ability of career firefighters to fight bushfires. But apparently that’s an improvement according to you and Dan?

Btw how does this make the CFA more accountable? By removing all their operational staff? By forcing them to hire people the UFU provides and no say in their own staffing arrangements? Removing the powers of the chief officer of the organisation and giving them all to the commissioner of another organisation? Now people who work for the CFA aren’t even allowed to wear a uniform with CFA on it.

Fact is this whole thing has been a mess and full of lies by Andrews and Neville.

Communications? Now the major fire stations in rural Victoria will operate on a seperate radio network and under different response rules to every other brigade around them so that will be great for improving comms in summer...

Training? So CFA lose their ability to train their members to the current standards and will have training opportunities drastically cut, a great improvement indeed

Equipment? Well now the first truck out the door can’t go off road or fight bushfires so that will be great in summer. Better hope there are some volunteers left after Andrews destroys the CFA because FRV will need them to fight fires in their patch, if they allow them in that is.

Preparedness? Now more volunteers will be required to take time off work every time there is a bad fire day because they can no longer rely on the career staff to respond to fires because they are now only allowed to use the FRV urban appliances.

This so called reform will simply give the UFU full control of all fire services in Victoria which was the goal. It doesn’t improve anything operationally but means the UFU only have to negotiate one EBA and they think the requirements of fire fighters in Mildura or Warrnambool is the same as Melbourne’s CBD.

The fact no one can actually sign any agreement in good faith and the Minister has resorted to threats that has seen the CFA Chief and CEO resign and his deputy go on leave so they can’t be forced to do it either says a lot. Even Dans own handpicked board had to be bullied into accepting the agreement.

Dans latest agreement is basically akin to the AFL having to get the NRL Boss to approve anything they do. That’s what he is basically telling the CFA to do. Be the chief of your fire service but you’ve got no power.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:06 pm

Go for it Eddie, the way the CFA have been treated is a disgrace.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:12 pm

Only a Labor/Union stooge from Melbourne could look at how they've treated the CFA and spin it into a positive. Absolute disgrace.

<snip Let’s not resort to profane abuse.>
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:24 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Go for it Eddie, the way the CFA have been treated is a disgrace.

It’s insane, what’s even more amazing is just before the Chief resigned we got an email from the Minister still repeating the same bullshit lies about what was going to happen. Meanwhile she is threatening the Chief to sign a deal that doesn’t do any of that!

But it’s amazing that publicly there has been nothing from the CFA but a basic career history sent to members via email about it. But I suppose now the CFA is fully under control of Dans handpicked board.

The media are completely useless, they don’t even understand what it all actually means. One of them claimed the CFA chief officer had a role in the new FRV organisation, nfi!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:04 am

The CFA need to be brought into line with their unaccountable fiefdoms which were based on antiquated and unaccountable structures and practices.

Only some nutter conservatives would spin it any other way or people who simply buy the conservative bull dust. Some empires are crumbling but change needed to happen and good on Andrews for biting the bullet and doing it

This is sensible reform which the people of Victoria overwhelmingly voted for and it’s about time.

OMG Murdoch & the LNP doesn’t like it 😱

The CFA have been (not individual firefighters) but organisationally poor.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:19 am

So the organisation becomes more accountable by removing operational firefighters and giving them a new badge? Wow that’s a crazy definition of reform

You sprout bulls hit union propaganda but I’m yet to hear one example of what was failing and how removing the CFAs ability to best fight fires is for the better?

Giving the union full control of all fire services in Victoria whilst removing front line firefighters from being able to combat bush and grass fires in one of the most fire prone areas of the world seems a strange idea of good reform!

The main reason the morons who vote Labor thinks it’s a good idea is because Dan convinced them all having the word Country Fire Authority in your area was bad and that career firefighters in the CFA provide an inferior service to their MFB colleagues. Both of which are complete and utter bullshit!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:28 am

^ with respect you’re sprouting hysterical conservative nonsense. It was said earlier before the last election that the CFA would not have any volunteers to fight the fires. That too didn’t occur.

This is change, no one likes change & I can understand that. But don’t give me the the sky is going to fall rubbish.

This is old but shows some of the issues:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-21/mfb-fire-services-bill-passes-but-cfa-volunteer-exodus-a-test/11233708

It’s also a fallacy to give the impression that all CFA volunteers are against it: the noisy one’s are and in any change those who lose their perceived power.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 2 of 46   

Jump to: