Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How are you dealing with the Covid 19 lockdown?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:41 pm
Post subject: How are you dealing with the Covid 19 lockdown?Reply with quote

I assume everyone will be in a different situation. Some will be still required to go to work, some will be working from home, some won't be working and have to find ways to fill in the time other than picking fights on social media.

What's your situation?

How are you coping?

Any tips or tricks to share ?

I'm notionally working from home but particularly this week have had nothing to do, all meetings have been cancelled, but I still feel obligated to be on or near the computer to respond to emails or queries that don't come. I'm taking annual leave from tomorrow until 20th so I won't have to think about it, I can just get on and do some jobs around the house.

A definite positive is doing more exercise in the time I'd normally need for commuting and not needing to get up anywhere near so early.

Some people have put some reflections in other threads, feel free to post them again.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

well i work from home anyway, i just have company now! i love that!!!

shopping stresses me out, i feel like im doing a supply run on the walking dead, im also shopping for the 2 little old ladies up the road.

my hubby is flat out, to a point where its ridiculous, we have a nephew working for us a bit to help out. and we will go to the beach house on the weekend, its the only place he relaxes. although he did say he wants to get the old waterproofing off the deck, which will be a massive job, he wasnt happy with it so doing it again. ill be doing some grouting on the extra tiles he put up in the bathrooms. ive never done it before, so Jim beam might help out.

the kids are home a lot, i love that! but id kill to just go walkabout with my camera or have coffee with my closet friend, Shes always a laugh!! Im sick of washing, and cleaning and disinfecting!! i have one more cupboard to clean out!! ive already done the taxes for this 1/4, 3 weeks early, and everything is up to date, so ive managed to catch up on a fair bit of editing, which i love! and ive watched 4 seasons of Animal Kingdom in 2 weeks, which is very unusual for me!!

now my dad is in hospital, i have no idea for how long, or how sick he is, but its not good. And my 12 year old dog was crook, the vet is a wired experience, i had to leave her at the door, i never do that, no cages for my babies, and it really brought home the thought of turning one of my not so hairy kids over and walking away.....So molly had a dose of Pancreatitis again, not good. She also needs her teeth cleaned.

I really miss the footy! the footy, the people, the yelling, the cheering, i look forward to it so much.

cheers!

partypie 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:38 pm

I've still got some work, but not much. I also work tax season every year so Im doing the mandatory training and paying a bit more attention than usual. Got the yogalates video out today. We always have veggies growing so there's always plenty of jobs outside. Im trying to keep busy so as not to feel sad about not seeing my grandkids who are babies and Ive spent a lot of time with them up to now. Im fortunate to live in a region in WA that's been closed off to the other regions (but apparently its not stopped people coming here. They don't realise that there aren't the intensive care beds here for more than a few people). Im hoping they don't flood the beaches over Easter and we permanently get banned from going there. The weather is perfect so that helps. Also have been putting time in with my 90 year old MIL

TP - I hope you dad comes good, and the dog!
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:58 pm

Well Bec is an accountant and still at work and with all these concessions and benefits for businesses there's going to be a lot of work to do. I'm at home with an almost 20 month old, an 11 and 12 year old. The two tweens are sit in their rooms and game all day types and emerge and ask me to make meals now and again.

The toddler is getting sick of TV, doesn't really care for toys and is getting antsy. Fun times ahead.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:19 pm

The 11 & 12 year old, one was yours and the other came with Bec?

Can you trade with them for some babysitting duties? Extra desert, screentime, something, just take little bloke outside for a while and wear him out?

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:37 pm

Yeah one apiece then one together.

Once we burn out on TV I'll just take him to the park and let him run around, the back yard is where my 30kg crazy dog lives. Me at 10 years old would've been in heaven with a big dog to wrestle with but the kids just don't seem interested.

They'll watch him for a bit so I can get things done and come along on walks and stuff but tbh the little guy seems to want to top himself with how fearless and crazy he is and I don't want to put that on the other two, he gives me heart attacks sometimes.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:03 pm

^

hah, sounds like my grandson except for the lack of interest in the dog.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:07 pm

The little guy loves the dog, but Barnaby doesn't know how big and strong he is so no playing with him yet. I'm hoping the dog lives long enough for Dante to get big enough to play with him and to get older and slower eventually Razz .
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:35 pm

For us, pretty much the same as ever, except we can't travel and take photographs. Plenty of hard work in the garden (with 20 acres there is always stuff to do) but at a comfortable pace. If we feel like stopping for lunch, we stop for lunch.

More cooking than ever, and quite a few more experimental or adventurous dishes. I'm practicing the guitar a couple of hours a day, which is great. Oh, and posting on Nick's again, of course, which may or may not be great depending on who you are. Smile

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:45 pm

It’s good to have you back, 20acres? I’d find plenty to take pics of!

And Thankyou Partypie xxx

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:45 pm

^

I'd see you more banjo than guitar, but it is good to have you back posting on Nicks.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:46 pm

You thinking deliverance??!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:49 pm

No comment Mr. Green
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:54 pm

Working from home mostly, every so often have to go into the hospital but face to face education and meetings are out so Zoom it is. Concentrating on critical education like restrictive transfusion regimes so small engaged groups of doctors and I love love love Zoom meetings - can mute someone with a click!

Still popping in to see Mum with her shopping and meals and doing a bit of housework like changing her bed linen which is too hard for her these days. Can’t stay as long and have a natter but we do that on the phone.

Loving Telehealth not having to exhaust her with the trip is great and I don’t miss the drive to Peter Mac let alone the parking.

Don’t have to make excuses for not going to things I don’t want to ( which is most things) is an absolute bonus as is no Church - the bliss of quiet on a Sunday morning on the deck with a coffee Razz

I’m quite enjoying it TBH!

TP hope your dad is ok - plenty of empty beds at this stage
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:35 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

I'd see you more banjo than guitar, but it is good to have you back posting on Nicks.

Cheers Stui.

I started playing when I was about 12 or so. Played quite a lot for the next 20 years or so, a bit of this, a bit of that; played acoustic, twelve-string, electric, sang a lot, played rock and folk and blues, never really mastered any one style or instrument.

I got through uni playing bass in a cabaret band - weddings, 21sts, parties, anything that was going. We played every style - and I do mean every style. You never knew in advance whether you had a country crowd or a heavy metal crowd or an easy-listening lot or a glam-rock crowd, so you had to try this, try that until all of a sudden you saw people on the dance floor. At that point, you could say "ahh, sixties crowd" and play Beatles and Beach Boys and Monkeys for the rest of the night. So you'd only even play 20 or 30 songs, but you never knew which 20 or 30.

That was great. Musically it was a dreadful desert, but it was $100 a night, and to a poor student that was gold. Even if you did have to play the wedding waltz and the dreadful bloody Hokie Pokie.

But that killed my love of music. Getting paid for it and doing it because I had to, not because I wanted to ... I just lost interest. When that gig wound up and I moved back to Melbourne, I pretty much stopped playing. Barely picked up a guitar for 20 years.

Then, for no reason, I started playing again about 18 months ago. Before long I was playing enough to justify buying a really fine guitar, and having a genuine quality instrument makes a huge difference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15   

Jump to: