Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Indian Premier League

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I've reviewed the IPL lists, Donny. I think the following is a comprehensive list of all the Australians taking part.

Zampa is on the Bangalore list. Simon Katich is the Coach.

Lynn, Coulter-Nile and Pattinson are on the Mumbai list.

Watson and Hazlewood are on the Chennai list.

Carey and Stoinis are on the Delhi list. Ricky Ponting is the Coach.

Maxy is on the Punjab list.

Cummins is on the Kolkata list (for a sum of 15.5 crores, the highest ever purchase for an overseas player in IPL history).

Andrew Tye and Steve Bradsmith are on the Rajasthan list. Bradsmith is the Captain. Andrew McDonald is the Coach.

Warner and Marsh are on the Hyderabad list, although Marsh is, as you know, injured. Warner is the Captain. Trevor Bayliss is the Coach.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:16 pm

Excellent. Thanks.

Watching Warner & Bairstow batting, atm. Patto bowling.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:12 pm

Did anyone see Watto batting for CSK last night?
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:24 pm

I fell asleep. How'd he go ?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:36 pm

83 not out! He and Du Plessis ran down the 179 they needed without the loss of a wicket and with 2 and a bit overs in hand. It was good stuff. Watson was named POTM for his 83 from 53 with 11 4s and 3 6s. In their partnership, Du Plessis made 87 from 53 with 11 4s and 1 6. Watson was actually ahead of Du Plessis until Faf decided to put the contest to bed in the 18th over.

When you said you'd been watching the earlier game, I didn't want to post a spoiler, in case you were going to watch this game on delay.

I think Punjab, batting first, made a big mistake with Maxwell - they brought him in so late that he only received 7 balls before the end of the innings.
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:44 pm

"After a lean run of form, Aaron Finch was dropped for Bangalore's clash with Mumbai on Wednesday and replaced at the top of the order by Josh Phillipe, who impressed with a 24-ball innings of 33 in a 71-run opening partnership with Devdutt Padikkal (74 from 45 balls).

The right-hander took on Mumbai's potent pace attack, hitting Jasprit Bumrah and James Pattinson to the boundary and Trent Boult for a superb straight six before he was stumped off the bowling of leg-spinner Rahul Chahar."

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/match-report/royal-challengers-bangalore-mumbai-indians-josh-philippe-aaron-finch-ipl-playoffs/2020-10-29

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:37 pm
Post subject: Indian premier league cricketReply with quote

Who follows it I do sometimes I like staying up to watch it on Foxtel I’m a royal challengers Bangalore man
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:42 pm

Bangalore is the heart of southern India and is one of southern India’s largest city and is known for its warm humid weather and nice bars and curry markets
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:42 pm

"David Warner was left saluting the quality of two Test captains, New Zealand's Kane Williamson and the West Indies' Jason Holder after they guided his Sunrisers Hyderabad side to within one victory of the IPL final.

After captain Warner had suffered a controversial dismissal as Sunrisers chased Royal Challengers Bangalore's 7-131, the experienced pair guided Hyderabad to a six-wicket win with two balls to spare thanks to an unbroken partnership of 65"

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/match-report/sunrisers-hyderabad-beat-rcb-bangalore-ipl-eliminator-warner-williamson-holder-finch-kohli-zampa/2020-11-07

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:18 pm

"Australian all-rounder Marcus Stoinis took three wickets and made a fine contribution after being promoted to opener as the Delhi Capitals reached their maiden Indian Premier League final with a 17-run win over David Warner's Sunrisers Hyderabad.

Delhi will meet the defending champions Mumbai Indians in Tuesday's final (1am Wednesday AEDT) in Dubai in a contest between the two sides who finished as the top two in the league stages of this year's Twenty20 league"

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/match-report/delhi-capitals-beat-sunrisers-hyderabad-ipl-marcus-stoinis-opener-david-warner-williamson-rabada/2020-11-09

K 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:05 pm

Donny wrote:
Who's this new opener, K ? One S Smith. Looks ok. Very Happy

The pandemic kind of distracted me from stuff like IPL...

But in the media about the current Test series, I saw they politely described Smith's IPL as "disappointing". He scored 311 runs in 14 innings at an average of 25.91, with SR 131.22.

That's not good. It fails The Ponting Criterion.

Example news story:

'Losing the plot': Pat Cummins continues Steve Smith's misery in IPL

2 Nov. 2020

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/ipl-2020-pat-cummins-kolkata-bowls-steve-smith-rajasthan-royals-234214174.html

Brad Hogg:

"Pat Cummins ... made Steve Smith look like a lower-order batsman."

"He had his footwork all over the shop. He was beating him on the outside edge and inside edge."

"Pat Cummins was way too good, way too quick, accurate and Steve Smith didn't have the answers."

[Comment: It feels a bit mean of them to let Smith face Cummins. Cummins is obviously a class above Smith. It's like bowling bouncers to a helmet-less number 11.

I've said before in this forum how lucky Smith is not having to face Cummins. What happened is no surprise. Even Pattinson roughed up and dismissed Smith in the BBL last season. Pattinson with his injuries is nowhere near Cummins. And remember: in T20 slogathons especially, everything is in favour of the batsmen.]
K 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:52 pm

One of the cricinfo guys wrote after the first innings that Ashwin's domination of Smith had its origins in the IPL.

If they're gonna work him out in the IPL, Smith should not play in the IPL. I know it's a lot of money, but...
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:15 pm

Rajasthan Royals mull releasing Steven Smith

His weak impact as a leader and batsman featured prominently in franchise's 2020 season review, ESPNcricinfo understands

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ipl-auction-2021-rajasthan-royals-mull-releasing-steven-smith-1247541
K 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:38 pm

Nathan Coulter-Nile expected his release from Mumbai Indians: 'They paid overs for me'

(cricinfo)

That's refreshing honesty. One or two of his Oz teammates should learn from him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: