Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Dogs. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:12 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 13.8.86
W. Bulldogs 5.4.34

Goals: Checkers 3, Daics, Cox 2, Adams, De Goey, Callum, H-E, Grundy, Elliott 1.

Disposals: Mayne 29, Sidey, Adams 26, Pendles 25, Howe 22, Noble, Grundy, Maynard 19, Crisp, Tyler, H-E 15, De Goey, Callum 14, Elliott 13, Moore, JT, Checkers 11,

AF points: Grundy 114, Howe 110, Sidey 107, Adams 105, Pendles 90, Mayne 94

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:28 am

Fantastic start to the season. I am really happy that we get to see some AFL football. To those who love the game, it brings joy, excitement, a chance to tune out briefly from an unfolding social crisis.
Wow. Josh Daicos looks like he has been lifting iron over the summer. I viewed the inclusion of Callum and Tyler Brown with some trepidation tongiht. But they were fantastic, and synced so brilliantly with Grundy. Our domination of clearances tonight was a sight to behold. Finally, translating Grundy's colossal power in the ruck into the advantage it should always have been.
Loved the rotation of forwards and mids to create a chameleon forward line that kept changing. Sidebottom, elliott, Degoey, continually changing where they started at the centre bounce created havoc.
I was impressed by our speed as well. Blistering ball movement and defenders moving forward to apply a stranglehold on the ball in our F50 brought back memories of 2010.
And Checkers. This man is a legend. The combination of Checkers with Cox, and our ever changing forward line, was very powerful tonight. Checkers accuracy on goal is brilliant.
Defence was great. John Noble impressed me with his attack on the ball and courage, Many times, put his body on the line to disrupt a Bulldogs thrust forward.
Fantastic start to the season.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:30 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
I loved it. Bizarre without the sound of tne crowd and disappointed I couldn't go but how good was that?

So much to like. Wow, what a great percentage. For a first game that was the tonic.

Now to repeat the effort next week. Can't wait.

Thumbs up to this post WPT.

I watched the boring game last night, so guess I had become a little accustomed to the lack of crowd. Actually, I'm enjoying it. I really appreciate being able to hear sounds that we normally couldn't, like the thwack of body against body (how was it when the Bulldogs player went to tackle JDG and just bounced off him!! Laughing ), the sweet thud of the ball as it's kicked, the goal posts rattling when a shot at goal hits them, the shouts of the players to one another. Pure footy sounds. Very Happy

man i would have killed to be there, but i really enjoyed that. its been a stressful few weeks, i needed this! and the win just makes it sweeter!

AND.... we are top of the ladder!!!!!

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:35 am
Post subject: We controlled the gameReply with quote

We can ask:
Where the Dogs flat ?
Did we take the opportunities we created?

We can say the Dogs were flat, and we missed goals we should have nailed.

Those questions mean ZERO for next week.

For now, after watching 50 years of footy, I can say we got the 4 points.

Wooohoooo Go Pies

Howe was just classy. . Ditto Crisp, Noble, Moore, Roughy, in fact was there a bad player? Maybe Cox?, but what did Lynch do last night?... He rucked ok, and contested ok. I guess he was ok too.

Ohhh, I should also mention Maynard.. just in case he reads this. Ha.

Our defense had total control of half the ground!

Elliott, WHE , they worked hard.

Our coaches won tonight.

For me :
T. Brown - we just saw a glimpse of what he will become.
Noble - Speedy, elusive, smart. We can add IQ and likely Bianco.. In the recent past we have been lacking, now we have good choices.
Daicos - assertive...(compared to previous years)
C. Brown - Jeez, front and centre and nuggety and quick...

We don't often walk away from a game with a smug look on our face...ooops....I guess we don't often sit on our backsides on the sofa with a bottle of red and a smug look on our face.. we should enjoy the moment. It was easy viewing all night and lots of good signs.

When it looks easy, it's usually the group and not necessarily the individual. Best sign of the night.

Tough game next week, but we can beat anyone.

P.S.
Anyone see Moore and DeGoey sing the club song ? Their tonsils landed 3 meters in front of them!
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:48 am

dalyc wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
the fuzz wrote:
Well, I enjoyed that!!
Grundy and our centre clearance work was first class.
Tyler had a great debut and geez i love his brother.
Mayne, Adams, Scotty all very good.
Thought Noble was very handy and Mihocek just brilliant.
A bit of Daicos magic.....this game had it all.

I wonder how the people who don't want this season to go ahead feel?
Go Pies!

I think it’s a farce that this season in going ahead. But I love Collingwood, so will bask in all their wins. I support Collingwood, not Gil’s ‘make it up as we go’ AFL shitshow. Will watch the replay and enjoy defeating this minnow club, as I always do. But it doesn’t change the fact that this season should have been postponed.

I thought you weren’t watching this season? I’m glad you are but please pick a lane. You’re in or your out.

I said I wouldn’t watch. And I didn’t. It’s a stupid season. 16 min quarters. Elbow and feet celebrations?

I will watch a replay because I love my club. But I won’t watch live and support Gil’s Frankenstein. It’s stupid and pointless and if an AFL player never tests positive for COVID-19 I’d be staggered, but relieved. Go Pies, but this no crowd, elbow tap, make it up as we go shit is so stupid.

But, as always... GO PIES!

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:52 am
Post subject: Re: We controlled the gameReply with quote

Charlie Oneeye wrote:

Howe was just classy. . Ditto Crisp, Noble, Moore, Roughy, in fact was there a bad player? Maybe Cox?,
!

It might be asking too much, but I wish Coxy could be given some slack. His mere presence gives defenders nightmares and he does so many selfless, unnoticed, team-orientated acts. He doesn't need to be marking everything in sight to be of real value to the team.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:24 am

In: Stephenson and/or Treloar

If Stephenson has a great training week he's far to talented not to be in the side against the reigning Premiers.

If Treloar is healed and healthy then that's all that needs to be said.

Out: Phillips and/or Thomas

If he's not going to be positioned on a wing where he can utilise his greatest weapon then Phillips surely shouldn't be in front of Stephenson as a forward if Stephenson becomes available. Treloar will obviously be an automatic inclusion if fit.

Thomas had 19 pressure acts which was decent and our equal 4th best. -27 in metres gained however was poor and our lowest for the night.

Daicos was a non factor in the first half but improved and 2 last quarter goals and relative inexperience makes me want to continue giving him opportunity ahead of Thomas for now.

If both Stephenson and Treloar aren't passed fit then expect no change.

35reasons 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:26 am

swoop42 wrote:
When you're watching your own team play and they're playing well the empty stadium really didn't take anything away from my enjoyment.

How about the rest of you?

The sad irony is that's the best we've played in round 1 for years in a season that may not be completed.

Ah well enjoy it while you can.

Geez the Dogs were surprisingly poor.

Couldn’t agree more.

Except I don’t think the Dogs were poor - I think they were overhyped, ignored the expectations and reverted to their mean.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:04 am

swoop42 wrote:

If Stephenson has a great training week he's far to talented not to be in the side against the reigning Premiers.

Swoop, you are sounding as unbalanced about Jaidyn as P4S is about Grundy.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:54 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
I said I wouldn’t watch... I will watch a replay because I love my club... But I won’t watch live

Well, you sure showed... I dunno, whoever you think you're proving a point to by knowing the result before you watch the game. Not Sportsbet that's for sure

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:42 am

swoop42 wrote:

If Treloar is healed and healthy then that's all that needs to be said.

Out: Phillips and/or Thomas

If he's not going to be positioned on a wing where he can utilise his greatest weapon then Phillips surely shouldn't be in front of Stephenson as a forward if Stephenson becomes available. Treloar will obviously be an automatic inclusion if fit.

Thomas had 19 pressure acts which was decent and our equal 4th best. -27 in metres gained however was poor and our lowest for the night.

Daicos was a non factor in the first half but improved and 2 last quarter goals and relative inexperience makes me want to continue giving him opportunity ahead of Thomas for now.

If both Stephenson and Treloar aren't passed fit then expect no change.

Thomas out? Your application for team selector has been rejected Wink He was brilliant last night. His pressure and his hand-balling was so damaging and instrumental to our win. Treloar isn’t likely to be fit this week and Stephenson doesn’t have the fitness base yet.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:07 am

K wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

That's unfair. I try really hard not to understate just how good Thor is. I'll take the comment on board, though, and try to reflect the magnificence of The Greatest Ruckman of All Time more clearly in future.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:21 am

Well that was a great start
We looked like we were switched on from first bounce which is a positive especially given the circumstances
Our defence was awesome personally I wondered how it would go with the Longmuir departure but it looked the best it has in the past few years just looked so cohesive and the trust between the players was notable
Our mid field rotation is awesome we just keep running fresh let’s at them all who are capable of being dangerous
Without wanting to swell P4S head much more on Grundy but his connection to our mids tonight was sensational. I think it wa the 3rd term when we were about 15m out from goal we set up a play were he taps it slightly backwards to JDG on the move in space cleared out by his teams mates
JDG didn’t have to break stride as it hit him he took a couple steps and bang goal
T Brown looked very bit a AFL player of the future he just has a sense for the game
Hard to make any chang3s to that side on that performance but would only consider Stephenson for his leg speed to combat tigers runners if he is fit enough but would be hard to leave anyone out
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:26 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
K wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

That's unfair. I try really hard not to understate just how good Thor is. I'll take the comment on board, though, and try to reflect the magnificence of The Greatest Ruckman of All Time more clearly in future.

and even the commentators, who are loathe to say anything pro Collingwood, said he is probably the best player in the competition right now! shame he hooked one! they would have been in tears of denial!

he was magnificent! a true 7million dollar man!!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:51 am

No "probably" about it. He is the best and most consistently dominant player in his position that any of them have ever seen - they just can't see past the black and white stripes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: