Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL stars accused of greed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
you would think it would be means tested though, I mean id rather see the money go to those not getting even 40% of their pay, can the club take it off what they are paying the players?

It can’t be means tested. That would take too long. The money is needed now to keep businesses alive.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:15 am

think positive wrote:
you would think it would be means tested though, I mean id rather see the money go to those not getting even 40% of their pay, can the club take it off what they are paying the players?

That is exactly the way it works. The Clubs don't pay the $1,500 "in addition". I don't know how I can be clearer about this. I think I've already given examples. To repeat, if a player is on $6,000 per fortnight on their new deal, the Government pays the first $1,500 and the club pays the other $4,500. As to means testing, it's a payment to the business, not to the individual, so the individual employee's salary is quite irrelevant.

The only circumstance in which an employee gets an increase in pay out of this is if the employee is being paid less than $1,500 per fortnight. In that case, their pay is increased to $1,500 because the Government requires that the whole of each $1,500 be paid to the employee. Again, in that case, the entire $1,500 is paid by the Government.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:22 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
think positive wrote:

That is exactly the way it works. The Clubs don't pay the $1,500 "in addition". I don't know how I can be clearer about this. I think I've already given examples. To repeat, if a player is on $6,000 per fortnight on their new deal, the Government pays the first $1,500 and the club pays the other $4,500. As to means testing, it's a payment to the business, not to the individual, so the individual employee's salary is quite irrelevant.

The only circumstance in which an employee gets an increase in pay out of this is if the employee is being paid less than $1,500 per fortnight. In that case, their pay is increased to $1,500 because the Government requires that the whole of each $1,500 be paid to the employee. Again, in that case, the entire $1,500 is paid by the Government.

Who’s on first?
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:35 am

Some people think 150k are going to die in Australia, don’t know why you would expect them to be rational about salaries
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:22 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Some people think 150k are going to die in Australia, don’t know why you would expect them to be rational about salaries

Different topic, but your avatar of Sav just made me recall his first game. I had never seen him play in the two’s and I knew little about him as young recruits & fringe players then didn’t get the publicity that they do now. When he was warming up he took a shot at goal from about 60-65 metres out. My first thought was why from there? Boom. Then everyone knew why. People looking at each other saying
“Did you just see that?” Quite a memorable moment.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:08 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Who’s on first?

Not sure but Whats on second.................... Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: