Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Membership Refunds

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I had such appalling seats at the 2003 and 2011 GFs that I decided I was going to watch all future GFs on the TV, anyway. I miss the atmosphere at the ground but there's something deeply tragic about being at the game and not being able to see if Krak kicked that goal because he kicked it so high it went out of the mail-box vision I had at the rear of the Ponsford.

Also, the spectacle of me pounding the ground with my fists, screaming obscenities and vituperative abuse at the players (yes, including Sidey, the Future Captain and Thor), at the end of the 2018 GF is something I'm glad only my daughter has on video - if I'd been at the ground, I expect I would have gone "right in front of me" viral.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:44 am

After seeing Eddie blow up on Tony Jones, he can keep my money I wouldn’t be game enough to ask for a refund.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:07 pm
Post subject: Growing TiredReply with quote

I am growing a little tired of being told repeatedly that there is no game without us fans yet so many extraordinarily well paid players are being paid thousands per week to sit at home whilst we are expected to donate membership money for nothing! If we the equally important fans must pay, why can’t these privileged players do their bit? Merely taking a percentage pay cut on some of their sickeningly excessive salaries is not good enough! Now for Collingwood; I have seen so many member benefits and generational amenities vanish since leaving Victoria Park, it is disgusting. We still have no real Social Club like we used to cherish and continue to be ripped off with food and beverage pricing at each game. I do see the corporate types enjoying magnificent amenities at each game and I am now told to donate my membership money to preserve most of these things! Really! It is fair to say the corporate ideology and greed of Clubs and The AFL has left us with a much worse membership proposition than what we used to live for generations past! Now that economic times have truly tested our resolve, I find it a bit insulting that we are being asked to donate so there is a future for these excessively well paid players and Corporate football clubs that have taken so many of our cherished amenities from us! So I say now we should balance the ledger a little in our favour and demand a few things in return! Players must sacrifice more money and do much more so our game survives in the future . Collingwood needs to radically improve member amenities on match day and stop giving us these artificial’rent a room’ facilities that have few seats, over priced food and drinks and no atmosphere or history. And to add to that, our Holden Centre as a members experience is the worst in the history of our Club. Disgraceful! Only when these changes are made or guaranteed, will I and others start considering donating money I don’t have to a Club that pays players sickening amounts of money in these unprecedented times. We are just as important as the players! And please cut the crap out AFL, some media, and some at our Club about survival. Start respecting your members and give them some of what we used to enjoy in years past before these failed corporate greed ideology was inflicted on us. Just a bit of respect please !
MJ23 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:19 pm

Certainly understand those that have suddenly without their fault found themselves in desperate times. I wont be asking for anything back happy to support he club however Im in a position to do so.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:03 pm
Post subject: Re: Growing TiredReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
I do see the corporate types enjoying magnificent amenities at each game and I am now told to donate my membership money to preserve most of these things! Really!

I'm sure you're not the only person complaining about member amenities but to suggest that Emirates ($20m pa), Holden ($3m), CGU ($2m) etc. aren't paying their own way clearly isn't true

We do have many smaller sponsors of course, packages start at $10,000 if you think that's a better deal than being a regular member you could always take one up

Hiss wrote:
Only when these changes are made or guaranteed, will I and others start considering donating money I don’t have...

How does that work exactly, donating money you don't have - are you going to take out a loan like Gil?

makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:34 am

Agree with a lot of Hiss is saying. Club has been penny pinching off its members for years, even down to simple things like having membership numbers not being stamped on to medallions. Reserving my position on a refund until I see what tangiables the club is offering as an incentinve to keep my membership money.

In any case, understandable why Eddie was a bit testy with Tony Jones as it looks like the the decision was taken out of Eddie's hands.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-02/gillon-mclachlan-confirms-afl-club-membership-refunds/12113442

Gillon McLachlan wrote:
If they need it, they can, but yes clearly we'd love them to stay because our industry is in a battle and our clubs are in a battle to get through and the membership is their lifeblood

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:47 am

^ How is that quote any different to what Eddie said?
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:17 am

Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:
thats a good link.
maybe his tone was wrong, but what he said is true.

do we or do we not want footy? I do, i would appreciate a discount next year, thats for sure.

will all teams survive? maybe not, i really dont care any more, there are too many teams, and the propping up and handouts need to stop. ive never wanted an advantage, but i would love an even playing field.

Bingo, simlply pass up on this yr, and transfer all memberships over to next season, free, u pay this year, but not next, i think thats fair, as i cannot see footy returning this season, this virus has us by the short and curlies, be longer than six months id say, sadly. Idea Sad

I think the fact is, If there is one year of lost membership revenue, the club will go under. So free memberships next year to those who stick by, won't work.
It's probably fair to say members should not have to pay for a season of little or no footy, but if it means saving the club, we need to.

Last edited by the fuzz on Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:21 am

makri wrote:
Reserving my position on a refund until I see what tangiables the club is offering as an incentinve to keep my membership money.

I think the incentive is to keep the Collingwood Football Club alive.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:33 am

All depends on personal circumstances to refund or not
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:32 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
^ How is that quote any different to what Eddie said?

Eddie didn’t want to commit to refunds, it was a yes/no question yet he tried (rather poorly) to dance around the question rather than answer it and got aggressive when pushed.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:10 pm

I noticed that given another past year season he would not have blown up. He got hot under the collar and it showed.Didnt handle it all that well bad look to be honest.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:12 pm

in normal times eddie and tj are great mates this is the first time ive seen them have a verbal fight on air too terrible. Both are Collingwood men too.
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:47 pm

90 nice wrote:
in normal times eddie and tj are great mates this is the first time ive seen them have a verbal fight on air too terrible. Both are Collingwood men too.

TJ big Pie fan. Would always be on the same tram home as me after Friday night games at the MCG back in the early/mid 2000's.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:20 pm
Post subject: Re: Growing TiredReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
I am growing a little tired of being told repeatedly that there is no game without us fans yet so many extraordinarily well paid players are being paid thousands per week to sit at home whilst we are expected to donate membership money for nothing! If we the equally important fans must pay, why can’t these privileged players do their bit? Merely taking a percentage pay cut on some of their sickeningly excessive salaries is not good enough! Now for Collingwood; I have seen so many member benefits and generational amenities vanish since leaving Victoria Park, it is disgusting. We still have no real Social Club like we used to cherish and continue to be ripped off with food and beverage pricing at each game. I do see the corporate types enjoying magnificent amenities at each game and I am now told to donate my membership money to preserve most of these things! Really! It is fair to say the corporate ideology and greed of Clubs and The AFL has left us with a much worse membership proposition than what we used to live for generations past! Now that economic times have truly tested our resolve, I find it a bit insulting that we are being asked to donate so there is a future for these excessively well paid players and Corporate football clubs that have taken so many of our cherished amenities from us! So I say now we should balance the ledger a little in our favour and demand a few things in return! Players must sacrifice more money and do much more so our game survives in the future . Collingwood needs to radically improve member amenities on match day and stop giving us these artificial’rent a room’ facilities that have few seats, over priced food and drinks and no atmosphere or history. And to add to that, our Holden Centre as a members experience is the worst in the history of our Club. Disgraceful! Only when these changes are made or guaranteed, will I and others start considering donating money I don’t have to a Club that pays players sickening amounts of money in these unprecedented times. We are just as important as the players! And please cut the crap out AFL, some media, and some at our Club about survival. Start respecting your members and give them some of what we used to enjoy in years past before these failed corporate greed ideology was inflicted on us. Just a bit of respect please !

I dont always agree with HIss, but hes pretty right here, well put and well written. I always thought by now, we would have a proper social club, as was at Vic Park, with proper Bistro, plenty of seating, couches, a real proper club atmosphere, and what ever happened to the Collingwood Museum, that was promised decades ago, by a late former President, long before Eddies time, where all the clubs trophies, pictures, aritfacts, items, precious mementoes, could be displayed in glass cases, for all to see ,and a Magpie Library, with all books on the Magpies history, and the suburban history of the Club, way back. None of that ever happened. Yes, too much Corporate sector now, too much, long way from being in the Outer at dear ol Vic Park, with the "peanuts shilling a bag" man selling his peanuts in the outer, that was real footy, the game of the masses, game of the people. Confused Question

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16   

Jump to: