Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Membership Refunds

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Collingwood will continue to partially pay staff it has been forced to stand down during the coronavirus shutdown period, as well as offer loyal members a future discount.

It comes as assistant coaches have been told they are eligible to apply for Centrelink support or manual labour jobs in the interim.

But Herald Sun journalist Jon Ralph told Fox Footy Live the Magpies would use their banked riches to pay staff for two days a week, in an effort to help them through the time off.

“Now, that’s short of 100 per cent, but at least it means they can tick over their mortgages, they can still pay for groceries and all those sort of things. They won’t have to go to the dole queue,” he said.

“I’ve spoken to a few of those people and they’re just so happy because they feel like they’ve got a new lease on life again.”

The Magpies will also use their financial power to give loyal members a discount for 2021, if they’re willing to stick by the club in 2020.

“Collingwood’s got something like $18 million of membership revenue that would’ve come in this year. What they’re planning to do is say if you want to retain your membership next year, you’ll get a 30 per cent cut on that,” Ralph said.

“I think they’re aware that some of those people with Legends Club memberships, a couple of thousand, will give those back. Normally you’d go to the back of the queue, but they still will be able to retain those memberships next year - but if you retain it this year, 30 per cent cuts.

“A lot of clubs have had to absolutely gouge all of their staff, but Collingwood are saying no, we’ve made $30 million in the bank, we’ve got a $17 million future fund, and we are going to spend that for our stuff - people, culture. Fantastic.”

Hawthorn great Jason Dunstall was full of praise for the Magpies’ move.

“I love that they’re giving a drip feed to all their staff - that allows people to survive, and not feel like the world’s closing in on them,” he said.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-collingwood-paying-staff-through-coronavirus-shutdown-discounts-for-members-magpies-memberships/news-story/8aaee7841893d8a09e1ab61f116887fb

Don't bother clicking on the link above because it's already dead!

Strange given it only appeared 2 days ago.

So either the story is factually incorrect and they've been told to pull it (not beyond the realms of possibility given it's Jon Ralph) or it's information we didn't want released at present and they've been asked to take it down.

If it wasn't for the OP over at bigfooty most of us wouldn't be any the wiser that this article ever existed.

Last edited by swoop42 on Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:10 pm

For those of you who chose not to receive a refund, good on you and its admirable.
Those who want a refund should not be criticised. In this climate, every penny counts and there a many who need it.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:08 pm

Leggie wrote:
For those of you who chose not to receive a refund, good on you and its admirable.
Those who want a refund should not be criticised. In this climate, every penny counts and there a many who need it.

Well said

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:45 pm

id be happy with the above. and i still really want to see them play this year, i havent given up on it. thanks for the article! i just used it to defend Eddie and collingwood on facebook!
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:56 pm

Just saw the Eddie and Tony Jones footage.

It's a big mess. And there's lots of types of memberships to be looked at.

If we're getting a season in a couple months, then it will change a lot.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:02 pm

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-news-eddie-mcguire-and-tony-jones-fight-over-afl-membership-during-suspended-season/news-story/9193677719532dcf99b1c1d1d709c014
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:42 pm

thats a good link.
maybe his tone was wrong, but what he said is true.

do we or do we not want footy? I do, i would appreciate a discount next year, thats for sure.

will all teams survive? maybe not, i really dont care any more, there are too many teams, and the propping up and handouts need to stop. ive never wanted an advantage, but i would love an even playing field.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:15 pm

think positive wrote:
there are too many teams, and the propping up and handouts need to stop

Unfortunately the AFL will never admit that

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:38 pm

Leggie wrote:

This is my position.

We're living in unprecedented times, and I wouldn't hold it against anyone who wants a refund. I'm not seeking a refund as the club needs all the help it gets in this time.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:41 pm

McLachlan says club members can seek a refund, but implores them to stay on board.

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/melbourne/programs/breakfast/afl-boss-gillon-mclachlan-implores-club-members-to-stay/12113610

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:52 pm

^ That is basically exactly what Eddie said
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:29 pm

think positive wrote:
thats a good link.
maybe his tone was wrong, but what he said is true.

do we or do we not want footy? I do, i would appreciate a discount next year, thats for sure.

will all teams survive? maybe not, i really dont care any more, there are too many teams, and the propping up and handouts need to stop. ive never wanted an advantage, but i would love an even playing field.

Bingo, simlply pass up on this yr, and transfer all memberships over to next season, free, u pay this year, but not next, i think thats fair, as i cannot see footy returning this season, this virus has us by the short and curlies, be longer than six months id say, sadly. Idea Sad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:22 pm

My problem with this one is not with Eddie, it is with Gil who wants us to stay on board. I am not asking for my membership back but I want to remind Eddie and in particular Gil that I bought Legends membership because it guarantees me the right to buy a Grand Finals ticket. IF the season restarts later in the year (far from certain) and IF the finals series is in November and/or December then it will probably be played at Docklands because the MCC will insist that cricket gets first priority at the "G". IF the Pies make the Grand Final then every Legends member MUST be offered the opportunity to buy Finals tickets. This will be an issue given the much lower capacity of "Marvel" If the Grand Final was to be between Collingwood and Richmond (most likely scenario on Round One form) and the AFL were forced to meet club commitments to Collingwood Legends members and whatever Richmond's similar membership package is called that might well fill over half the stadium. It would mean that Finals tickets might not be available to Corporates, Politicians, Seven and Foxtel celebrities and members of non-participating clubs. Tough Titty. If Gil wants club members to loyally support our clubs (as we should) then he and the AFL should show similar loyalty to us.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:14 am

That’s a lot of IFs and you left one out.. IF the GF is played in front of a crowd

Anyway, don’t hold your breath, Gil doesn’t GAF about the supporters who actually go to games, least of all the GF

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:40 am

Dr Pie wrote:
My problem with this one is not with Eddie, it is with Gil who wants us to stay on board. I am not asking for my membership back but I want to remind Eddie and in particular Gil that I bought Legends membership because it guarantees me the right to buy a Grand Finals ticket. IF the season restarts later in the year (far from certain) and IF the finals series is in November and/or December then it will probably be played at Docklands because the MCC will insist that cricket gets first priority at the "G". IF the Pies make the Grand Final then every Legends member MUST be offered the opportunity to buy Finals tickets. This will be an issue given the much lower capacity of "Marvel" If the Grand Final was to be between Collingwood and Richmond (most likely scenario on Round One form) and the AFL were forced to meet club commitments to Collingwood Legends members and whatever Richmond's similar membership package is called that might well fill over half the stadium. It would mean that Finals tickets might not be available to Corporates, Politicians, Seven and Foxtel celebrities and members of non-participating clubs. Tough Titty. If Gil wants club members to loyally support our clubs (as we should) then he and the AFL should show similar loyalty to us.

this 100%, thats the ONLY reason i have legend membership!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16   

Jump to: