Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Membership Refunds

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Maths question, what's 100% times zero?

I'm waiting with bated breath to find out...

Actually the real equation of what an AFL club president/boardmember earns would be more like:

$0 x 0% - (cost of accommodation + cost of flights + cost of membership) - earning capacity x hours spent on club business = X

makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:49 pm

If refunds are going to put the club in a dire situation it might be the time to start pressing them for some of things that have been taken away over the last few years.

Give me back the cocktail function, start providing decent food options in the social club area and guarantee tickets to first three weeks of the finals and I might consider not asking for a refund.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:00 pm

makri wrote:
Give me back the cocktail function, start providing decent food options in the social club area and guarantee tickets to first three weeks of the finals and I might consider not asking for a refund.

Don't these things cost money?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:27 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Maths question, what's 100% times zero?

I'm waiting with bated breath to find out...

Actually the real equation of what an AFL club president/boardmember earns would be more like:

$0 x 0% - (cost of accommodation + cost of flights + cost of membership) - earning capacity x hours spent on club business = X

Ie, X = negative $50-100k+ pa conservatively.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:22 pm

I'm also a Legends Member.

But right now, I just want to get my trip to Brisbane refunded. It was booked through AFL Travel in December.

I'm sure the club will find a way to keep 80,000 members happy. Shocked It's going to take a bit of time to work it all out, so I'm happy to just be able to watch it on TV for now.

88MPH 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:35 pm

I think you’ll find that the club pays for them to travel and stay.
Not for one moment do I question the dedication of someone who volunteers multiple hours ever week. Trust me, I know. I do it at my son’s own footy club. My point is this - don’t expect reciprocated goodwill if you don’t show it yourself. Flights and accommodation is but an example. Pay for your own flights. Pay for your own accommodation. In short, don’t do anything on the collective purse and we’ll be with you. Don’t take your members for granted.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:27 am

I wonder if the desperate need to play at least one round is around being able to refuse refunds on memberships.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:00 pm

I haven't been able to afford a membership for quite a few years now, but if I did have one, I'd be glad to support my beloved Pies by not asking for a refund or other compensation in any way. Smile
It's so heartening to read that most of the members posting in this thread are doing the same. Smile
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:29 pm

The first thing I would ask of people considering requesting a refund at some stage this season would be to remember if you have budgeted and accepted the cost of your membership for this season then financially you aren't going to be in a worse place now.

Yes you wont be getting access to what you paid for but these are extraordinary times.

Of course for some who have paid for the most expensive memberships like Legends etc and lose their jobs owing to the coronavirus and in dire need of the money to help keep food on the table then no one could begrudge you seeking a financial settlement in that circumstance.

For members not likely to lose their job, members who have the necessary funds to see them comfortably through any loss of income or members like me who have purchased your more basic cheaper membership I implore you to consider your membership a donation that our club needs when faced with the loss of millions in revenue.

Personally I intend to purchase a second equivalent membership in the coming weeks. Would that be the best way to help financially or would spending the equivalent amount in merchandise from the club website be comparable?

For those who would love to contribute to the club but are limited in what they can afford you could consider a $50 magpie insider membership.

https://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/membership/magpie-insider

Every dollar helps and if only 1000 people were to take it up that's $50,000 in extra revenue the club otherwise wouldn't have.

Right now our club has never needed us more to walk the talk and stand side by side with them.

Let's show it's not just some advertising gimmick and prove why......

WE ARE GOOD, WE ARE OLD, WE ARE COLLINGWOOD, WE ARE FOREVER.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:38 pm

P. Ryan:

"... club CEOs such as Carlton's Cain Liddle and Hawthorn's Justin Reeves have bandied together to develop a unified approach to membership concerns. Gold Coast CEO Mark Evans said clubs are collaborating more than ever before to ride out the crisis."
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:26 pm

swoop42 wrote:
The first thing I would ask of people considering requesting a refund at some stage this season would be to remember if you have budgeted and accepted the cost of your membership for this season then financially you aren't going to be in a worse place now.

The world is changing and changing very quickly. People are being stood down, many business have seen a significant drop in turnover and many small business have closed already. For those of us who are self funded retirees things have nose dived. The share price assets have plummeted by 20 - 30% and future dividends that put food on the table and pay the utility bills will be reduced or will disappear over future months.

For some, getting a refund may be essential as it will have direct effect upon their standard of living.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:31 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

The world is changing and changing very quickly. People are being stood down, many business have seen a significant drop in turnover and many small business have closed already. For those of us who are self funded retirees things have nose dived. The share price assets have plummeted by 20 - 30% and future dividends that put food on the table and pay the utility bills will be reduced or will disappear over future months.

For some, getting a refund may be essential as it will have direct effect upon their standard of living.

yeah exactly.

for me id be happy for them to keep it if we get a discount next year. lets not forget it depends on your level how much you pay. im not poor but $800 is still to much to just give away to a non charity.

lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:38 pm

[quote="swoop42"]The first thing I would ask of people considering requesting a refund at some stage this season would be to remember if you have budgeted and accepted the cost of your membership for this season then financially you aren't going to be in a worse place now.

Yes you wont be getting access to what you paid for but these are extraordinary times.

Of course for some who have paid for the most expensive memberships like Legends etc and lose their jobs owing to the coronavirus and in dire need of the money to help keep food on the table then no one could begrudge you seeking a financial settlement in that circumstance.

For members not likely to lose their job, members who have the necessary funds to see them comfortably through any loss of income or members like me who have purchased your more basic cheaper membership I implore you to consider your membership a donation that our club needs when faced with the loss of millions in revenue.

Personally I intend to purchase a second equivalent membership in the coming weeks. Would that be the best way to help financially or would spending the equivalent amount in merchandise from the club website be comparable?

For those who would love to contribute to the club but are limited in what they can afford you could consider a $50 magpie insider membership.

https://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/membership/magpie-insider

Every dollar helps and if only 1000 people were to take it up that's $50,000 in extra revenue the club otherwise wouldn't have.

Right now our club has never needed us more to walk the talk and stand side by side with them.

Let's show it's not just some advertising gimmick and prove why......

WE ARE GOOD, WE ARE OLD, WE ARE COLLINGWOOD, WE ARE FOREVER.[/quote]
I’ll remember this when my creditors come knocking.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:42 pm

The club needs to provide refunds to any who ask. Many people are in more financial trouble than the AFL clubs and might need any money they can get their hands on.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:09 pm
Post subject: AgreedReply with quote

Look this is absolutely relative to individual circumstances. A working class Collingwood member that has struggled year in year out to afford a little purpose to their lives such as membership of a football club will be far more impacted by this loss of money than multi millionaire Presidents’ and some wealthy footballers, or indeed extraordinarily well paid AFL and media executives. I will not donate membership money unless I start seeing the outrageous excesses of the football corporate elites start back subsidising working class Australians who will likely suffer much more through this bloody mess than a wealthy person will. It’s time some truths were openly spoken about the excesses and corporate greed our AFL game came to embody in the last 20 years. I used to look up at the glass shielded Corporate dining at our games over the years and see what a class based system has become at our beloved game. So before people on here start handing gratuitous advice out about donating membership money to AFL clubs, perhaps we should look at attaching some conditions like a fairer distribution of the obscene wealth amongst the working class suffering average membership.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16   

Jump to: