Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood, the AFL and the Virus.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
didick wrote:
NSW is in lockdown for 3 months, according to the police commissioner. Assume Vic would be similar at least

Why "at least"? NSW has more than twice as many cases as Victoria

The virus is not going to disappear from Victoria (or any state) in the next month, or two, and unlikely three. Hence it will be around until there is a vaccine, and relaxing restrictions is just going to allow it to increase in cases again. Even the PM said we are in this for 6 months. And the Victorian government has been one of the quickest to move and most stringent. Andrews won't be relaxing any restrictions any time soon.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:31 pm

didick wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
didick wrote:
NSW is in lockdown for 3 months, according to the police commissioner. Assume Vic would be similar at least

Why "at least"? NSW has more than twice as many cases as Victoria

The virus is not going to disappear from Victoria (or any state) in the next month, or two, and unlikely three. Hence it will be around until there is a vaccine, and relaxing restrictions is just going to allow it to increase in cases again. Even the PM said we are in this for 6 months. And the Victorian government has been one of the quickest to move and most stringent. Andrews won't be relaxing any restrictions any time soon.

Except for when it came to closing beaches, he didn't bother doing that even after seeing what happened at Bondi a week earlier...
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:45 pm

swooper wrote:
90 nice wrote:
Tony Jones and Eddie last night on the news gee Eddie fired up at TJ

Someone sent me a link to this....wow Eddie was super aggressive, not sure why...
its in the membership thread - i reckon we didnt get the whole thing, he was goaded on. i do wish some other prick from another team would stick their head out for a change. a lot of teams have stood down all their workers, ours are getting 2 days pay a week. but no, we are the arseholes!! ugh
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:09 pm

didick wrote:

We won't get a vaccine in 3 months but if new case growth is reduced sufficiently I think you'll see restrictions reduced to stage 2

ScoMo said 6 months of "disruption" which will certainly be true. But VIC said stage 3 will be reviewed in 4 weeks, whereas NSW said June 29 from the start

Anyway time will tell but I could see footy being played again in Q3

Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:39 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Which one relocates to Tassie - GWS or the Suns?

Suns to become the Tassie Devils?

It's simple get rid of both Gold Coast and GWS. Complete waste of time! With the amount of concessions and

And go back to 16 teams.

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:52 pm

^ While I agree, Gil will let a Melbourne club go to the wall, merge or relocate before that happens
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:58 pm

K wrote:
Isn't Thursday night the time we never win? (You gave stats on this a year or two ago.)

Yes, until last year when we beat Richmond and Brisbane.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:04 pm

We haven't had too many wins on a Wed either
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:22 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
didick wrote:

We won't get a vaccine in 3 months but if new case growth is reduced sufficiently I think you'll see restrictions reduced to stage 2

ScoMo said 6 months of "disruption" which will certainly be true. But VIC said stage 3 will be reviewed in 4 weeks, whereas NSW said June 29 from the start

Anyway time will tell but I could see footy being played again in Q3

NSW comes out of lockdown June 27. Non essential flights won't start for what, maybe another 3 months as they will be super cautious to stop the second wave. That takes us to October and the AFL is pretty much shit outta luck in having any sort of meaningful season.

Sure, play games, practice games, or anything...even have a lightning premiership, but don't try to have a proper season.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:26 pm

I cannnot see footy coming back this season, i reckon its wishful thiinking, its done and dusted, look to next season, League must prune back costs, get rid ot that financial disaster the Gold coast suns wind them up and save millions of dollars, better that ,than a victorian team merging, or folding.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:17 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I cannnot see footy coming back this season, i reckon its wishful thiinking, its done and dusted, look to next season, League must prune back costs, get rid ot that financial disaster the Gold coast suns wind them up and save millions of dollars, better that ,than a victorian team merging, or folding.

Agree get rid of both Gold Coast Suns and GWS too. Putting heaps of money into those teams complete waste of time!

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:24 pm

Magpiefan3 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Agree get rid of both Gold Coast Suns and GWS too. Putting heaps of money into those teams complete waste of time!

Giants r probably ok now, they did make the Finals for a few yrs, made a GF, even, leas they showed vast improvement. But the suns are a total joke, very low crowds, low members, any star they get wants to bail, like tom lynch and ablett, and others. Maybe Nth Melb might have to relocate to tassie, i think time has run out for Norf, and the Deeees have been shit for ages, low members, they may have to merge, i reckon, going to be very different rfrom now on.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:11 pm

With NRL on life support, no way AFL will get rid of GC or GWS. They can smell the blood in the water.

If they has to kill a club, it would be Norf or the Aints
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:54 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
NSW comes out of lockdown June 27. Non essential flights won't start for what, maybe another 3 months as they will be super cautious to stop the second wave. That takes us to October and the AFL is pretty much shit outta luck in having any sort of meaningful season

I have no idea when commercial flights will restart but at the current rate nobody will be able to afford them anyway and they can take the Firefly bus instead

One thing I am sure of is the AFL won't give up their $400m TV rights payment that easily, neither will Fox and Betfair let them. If they have to play Nov-Mar and then have short offseason/no Marsh series/delayed season start/4-5 day breaks in 2021, then that is what they will do before they abandon the 2020 season altogether, and the clubs will support it too because they also need to money or the AFL teat to stay afloat. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that

Piesnchess wrote:
Giants r probably ok now, they did make the Finals for a few yrs, made a GF, even, leas they showed vast improvement

Only because of all the money and picks they got. Take that away and they will collapse in a heap. Financially, which is what we're mostly talking about, they're a basketcase

Having said that, GWS and GCS won't be going anywhere

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:22 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
NSW comes out of lockdown June 27. Non essential flights won't start for what, maybe another 3 months as they will be super cautious to stop the second wave. That takes us to October and the AFL is pretty much shit outta luck in having any sort of meaningful season

I have no idea when commercial flights will restart but at the current rate nobody will be able to afford them anyway and they can take the Firefly bus instead

One thing I am sure of is the AFL won't give up their $400m TV rights payment that easily, neither will Fox and Betfair let them. If they have to play Nov-Mar and then have short offseason/no Marsh series/delayed season start/4-5 day breaks in 2021, then that is what they will do before they abandon the 2020 season altogether, and the clubs will support it too because they also need to money or the AFL teat to stay afloat. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that

Piesnchess wrote:
Giants r probably ok now, they did make the Finals for a few yrs, made a GF, even, leas they showed vast improvement

Only because of all the money and picks they got. Take that away and they will collapse in a heap. Financially, which is what we're mostly talking about, they're a basketcase

Having said that, GWS and GCS won't be going anywhere

Yeh, reckon ur right, Gilly wont budge on his beloved suns and giants, no mattter how much cash they lose, hes a stubborn bastard, would rather lose millions of dollars then admit he and the League made a mistake, and did not put a team down in Tasmania, a state that actually loves our game, hes as stubborn as a mule, that guy. Confused Surprised

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 30 of 60   

Jump to: