Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood, the AFL and the Virus.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received an email thanking us for our ongoing support, not sure why you haven't? Also had an email from Degoey also thanking us for our support.

We will stick by our club while we can afford it, if it gets to the stage where we can't then we will contact the Club to see what can be done.

If you aren't happy just contact the club and see what can be done.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:24 pm

You can only walk away for one of the 4 permitted categories.
Failing that, you are stuck.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:35 pm

On a serious note, the issue that you have raised is being faced by every parent in the country that has a child playing a sport at the local level. In my case, it’s well over $1k for registration fees for seasons that haven’t finished (one son was a week away from playing in a GF that will never be played) or for seasons that may commence at some time in the future. My business has been hit very hard so I could do with getting that back and if I asked I am sure that they would refund. Most parents have taken the view though that unless they really need it, they won’t ask and it will be applied towards future registration fees. The community spirit still exists at the local level. At the AFL level, I am sure the clubs will do a deal if you contact them, but they want to survive.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:22 pm

We were going to play the power today in a 130pm match at the MCG
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:48 pm
Post subject: NonsenseReply with quote

5 from the wing on debut wrote:

Your bush lawyer advice is utter nonsense. I can understand the difficulty around members who have paid upfront in advance. But those of us who use monthly direct debit are perfectly entitled to stop those payments until the Club can deliver what we are paying for. Now where the Club can’t control circumstances where they are unable to honour our purchase, that doesn’t mean we are obligated to take 100% of the financial loss. Circumstances beyond all our control mean that we are allowed choices . If I buy a subscription online and the provider can’t deliver , I am not obliged to keep paying that subscription. Act of God events don’t apply in every case and are mostly used in private contractual arrangements. Consumer laws give us rights in cases like subscriptions, memberships, etc where the power balance is vastly weighted in the providers benefit. Trust me the last thing I want to do is withdraw from Collingwood, but in these times it is necessary. It is also a right to do so and the Club has no right to apply its own conditions on that, particularly when it can’t deliver. Again, it’s not personal. It’s purely business. Just like the AFLPA negotiated the best deal commercially for their members. And one final thing annoying me intensely . Opinionated people receiving welfare benefits donating membership money to Clubs. That’s taxpayers money they are wasting. My hard earned taxes. Clearly we need to look at issuing a welfare card. Something I have usually opposed until now. Welfare money should not be used to subsidise corporate football Clubs, particularly in these times.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:55 pm

KenH wrote:
... Also had an email from Degoey also thanking us for our support.

Do you think he wrote it -- or at least read it? Wink
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:11 pm

K wrote:
KenH wrote:
... Also had an email from Degoey also thanking us for our support.

Do you think he wrote it -- or at least read it? Wink

Ha ha yeah na

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:09 pm
Post subject: Re: NonsenseReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:

Your bush lawyer advice is utter nonsense. I can understand the difficulty around members who have paid upfront in advance. But those of us who use monthly direct debit are perfectly entitled to stop those payments until the Club can deliver what we are paying for. Now where the Club can’t control circumstances where they are unable to honour our purchase, that doesn’t mean we are obligated to take 100% of the financial loss. Circumstances beyond all our control mean that we are allowed choices . If I buy a subscription online and the provider can’t deliver , I am not obliged to keep paying that subscription. Act of God events don’t apply in every case and are mostly used in private contractual arrangements. Consumer laws give us rights in cases like subscriptions, memberships, etc where the power balance is vastly weighted in the providers benefit. Trust me the last thing I want to do is withdraw from Collingwood, but in these times it is necessary. It is also a right to do so and the Club has no right to apply its own conditions on that, particularly when it can’t deliver. Again, it’s not personal. It’s purely business. Just like the AFLPA negotiated the best deal commercially for their members. And one final thing annoying me intensely . Opinionated people receiving welfare benefits donating membership money to Clubs. That’s taxpayers money they are wasting. My hard earned taxes. Clearly we need to look at issuing a welfare card. Something I have usually opposed until now. Welfare money should not be used to subsidise corporate football Clubs, particularly in these times.

Did you hear the whistling noise as something went over your head?
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:10 am
Post subject: Re: Very Close To Walking Away in 2020Reply with quote

Hiss wrote:
I have posted on this great site before around the frustrations with our Club during this crisis and their ‘tugging on the heart strings’ spin to keep us paying membership fees each month. Yes I am a direct debit type too. But as the weeks roll by, I am growing increasingly frustrated that the Club have not even had the decency to bulk email members with a simple update and thanks for donating our hard earned money to a corporate football club. Perhaps they just think it is expected we should? For one thing, I know there are far more worthy charitable causes in these tough times then the survival of a corporate entity where some elite players are still taking in thousands of dollars each week, while many of us struggle to pay our food and power bills. So as far as I am concerned, enough is enough! A little appreciation would be a nice gesture. And for those who think donating to a wealthy football club is defendable in these times , I presume who have also helped every single desperate other charity out there and have surplus funds! Or maybe a chronic deficit in your values? Time for some reflection I say. Now if some of our players were prepared to forego more so each still received a working wage of $80 k , I might reconsider. But this whole thing has become a bloody insult. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised with the wealth of some involved in our game! As for me, I’ll just now adopt the business like approach that Clubs, the Media, Corporate’s, and the AFL adopt. I want to see a commercial return for my investment. You can’t deliver that, then it is not personal, I’ll withdraw and pay again when you provide what I pay for. And please cut out the insulting tactics that try and play to our emotions. Collingwood embraces the corporate model so it surely can’t expect us to do anything but the same ! No play No pay !!

So go ahead and cancel your membership and stop bleating about it

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:02 pm

Are there any MCC members on this forum
themonk 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:29 pm
Post subject: Re: Very Close To Walking Away in 2020Reply with quote

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Hiss wrote:
I have posted on this great site before around the frustrations with our Club during this crisis and their ‘tugging on the heart strings’ spin to keep us paying membership fees each month. Yes I am a direct debit type too. But as the weeks roll by, I am growing increasingly frustrated that the Club have not even had the decency to bulk email members with a simple update and thanks for donating our hard earned money to a corporate football club. Perhaps they just think it is expected we should? For one thing, I know there are far more worthy charitable causes in these tough times then the survival of a corporate entity where some elite players are still taking in thousands of dollars each week, while many of us struggle to pay our food and power bills. So as far as I am concerned, enough is enough! A little appreciation would be a nice gesture. And for those who think donating to a wealthy football club is defendable in these times , I presume who have also helped every single desperate other charity out there and have surplus funds! Or maybe a chronic deficit in your values? Time for some reflection I say. Now if some of our players were prepared to forego more so each still received a working wage of $80 k , I might reconsider. But this whole thing has become a bloody insult. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised with the wealth of some involved in our game! As for me, I’ll just now adopt the business like approach that Clubs, the Media, Corporate’s, and the AFL adopt. I want to see a commercial return for my investment. You can’t deliver that, then it is not personal, I’ll withdraw and pay again when you provide what I pay for. And please cut out the insulting tactics that try and play to our emotions. Collingwood embraces the corporate model so it surely can’t expect us to do anything but the same ! No play No pay !!

So go ahead and cancel your membership and stop bleating about it

Cool
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:04 pm

MCC provides better all round value in my opinion. Once an MCC member its always a MCC member its a life long thing.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:47 pm

Had my daily walk around the MCG this arvo as I walked back I had a chat with Neil Balme the footy manager at Richmond really nice top bloke too. He said wish the footy was back,he says he still keeps in contact with some of the folk at the Collingwood fc. He said a lot of the clubs are mates with each other. he also confidently said if its not Richmond to take out this years premiership he thinks Collingwood will this year or even next year too in 2021. he said Collingwood are a well run club and people are looked after there and Collingwood is forming into a nice club and a great tightly knit group of players too. I wished him well and see you at the footy then walked home. I live up rowena parade only across the punt rd.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:59 pm

90 nice wrote:
Had my daily walk around the MCG this arvo as I walked back I had a chat with Neil Balme the footy manager at Richmond really nice top bloke too. He said wish the footy was back,he says he still keeps in contact with some of the folk at the Collingwood fc. He said a lot of the clubs are mates with each other. he also confidently said if its not Richmond to take out this years premiership he thinks Collingwood will this year or even next year too in 2021. he said Collingwood are a well run club and people are looked after there and Collingwood is forming into a nice club and a great tightly knit group of players too. I wished him well and see you at the footy then walked home. I live up rowena parade only across the punt rd.

Yeah.
some good comments there.
I was confident that we could win the flag this year.
There is no doubt footy should be back in some form this year.
But i doubt fans will be let in.
We need some luck and hard work.
Although I have liked seeing old games on fox and free to air.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:33 am

Balme said the key for Collingwood is to keep their list intact and retaining players like Moore etc..... is critical for next few years at least. Collingwood he said are like where Richmond were in around 2016 and are on the cusp of something special and there’s a good 4 years say of sustainable success coming our way. It’s hard work but we have the list to do it. Must keep key players though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 36 of 60   

Jump to: