Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 250, 251, 252  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pi wrote:
so...you believe the propaganda coming from the CCP?... good for you comrade...

What part of "do I believe the figures coming out of China? No" are you having trouble understanding?

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:08 pm

[quote="Tannin"][quote="K"]
Tannin wrote:

(For what it's worth, do I believe the figures coming out of China? No. Do I accept that, by and large, they have broken the back of the outbreak and are opening up again for normal business? Absolutely. And just as well too, 'coz that's where our desperately needed masks and gloves and gowns are coming from. China.)

this part in bold, as I read it you believe the numbers coming out of china because you believe they have it under control, they dont because no one else does.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:16 pm

18: A “woman in her 80s” has died in the ACT.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:31 pm

The thing is, Pi, China is going back to work. China is manufacturing stuff right now. This is where our influx of medical supplies and testing kits and so on is coming from. China. Where they are back at work and making stuff again.

Further, you are dreaming if you think that "no-one else" has it under control. Taiwan is an outstanding example. South Korea is amazing. Closer to home New Zealand is doing everything right. It can be beaten, but - as Jacinda Ardern knows and Scotty from Marketing doesn't - the first thing you have to do to beat it is try hard right now. Not waffle and delay and flip-flop a thousand times while the infection rate goes up and up.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:33 pm

Tannin wrote:
The thing is, Pi, China is going back to work. China is manufacturing stuff right now. This is where our influx of medical supplies and testing kits and so on is coming from. China. Where they are back at work and making stuff again.

Further, you are dreaming if you think that "no-one else" has it under control. Taiwan is an outstanding example. South Korea is amazing. Closer to home New Zealand is doing everything right. It can be beaten, but - as Jacinda Ardern knows and Scotty from Marketing doesn't - the first thing you have to do to beat it is try hard right now. Not waffle and delay and flip-flop a thousand times while the infection rate goes up and up.

thats the frustrating thing! JUST rip the bandaid off!

lock it down!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:37 pm

Tannin wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Have you moved to Tassie? Shocked Confused

think positive wrote:
you moved!! is it warmer than Ballarat!! id expect so!!

Yes, some time back. We still have the Ballarat house but spend less and less time there now. Ballarat has been turned into a horrible outer suburb practicing to be a slum when it grows up, and it's bloody cold!

Who's a thunk that the Huon Valley at 43 degrees south would be consistently warmer than Ballarat at 37.5 degrees? (Well, me. I've been coming to this part of the world regularly for many years. But it still blows me away.)

think positive wrote:
i really wish we would lock down as hard, so many $�$%^%%$ idiots around, thinking they are flaunting it, but they are just killing their grand parents.

Well, that's one way to overcome the price of housing. Sad

Killing themselves too - it's not just old people. And - here is the bit they might understand - costing themselves money, big time. The less they isolate and the more they buggerise around catching stuff, the longer it will be until the country reopens for business and they can get their jobs back.

sounds great.
speaking of housing, our tenant gave notice a couple of months back, the rent is due, i have no idea if they will pay it! i spoke to the agent today, shes great, much better than the last one, i said id drop the rent to keep it occupied, and have the choice of a decent tenant. And i certainly dont want to take advantage of the situation. We dont owe much on it now, so thats good, I just dont want it vacant for the ferals lurking around! its a rock and a hard place, and as with everything else real, solid, decisions need to be made.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:44 pm

Good thinking there Jo. ^
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:51 pm

this is why I have my doubts about the CCP's claims

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/can-china-return-normalcy-while-keeping-coronavirus-check

China’s National Health Commission does not include people who test positive for the virus but have no symptoms, and local authorities are reportedly suppressing information on new infections to meet the target of zero local cases.

and here

https://reason.com/2020/03/23/can-we-trust-chinas-claims-that-its-winning-the-war-on-coronavirus/

The chances of a second wave in china are almost inevitable. Added to which their dear leader has set a target of no new infections, reminds of the Maoist propaganda statements of the past.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:30 pm

^ I don't doubt any of that, Pi. However, the chances of a substantial second wave are slim, as it would involve a massive loss of face, and they are trying hard. Yep, there will be some. Bet money on that. But you can be very confident that they take it a lot more seriously than, for example, the Trump Administration. The Chinese death toll won't grow much from here. If necessary, they'll use the North Korean method.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:50 pm

i really hope so.

for the sake of the whole world.
how scary is that statement?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:58 pm

Tannin wrote:
^ I don't doubt any of that, Pi. However, the chances of a substantial second wave are slim, as it would involve a massive loss of face, and they are trying hard. Yep, there will be some. Bet money on that. But you can be very confident that they take it a lot more seriously than, for example, the Trump Administration. The Chinese death toll won't grow much from here. If necessary, they'll use the North Korean method.

I'd bet they already have. A sudden outbreak of lead poisoning is cheap and effective.

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:45 pm

India has the right idea
The cops beat you with a stick and make you do push ups lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCatPYfIG8s
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:51 pm

Tannin wrote:

Firstly, congrats on making the move to Tassie. A woman I know and her partner have sold up in Sydney, bought in Tassie and were all set to move down before the borders got shut. She'll get down there, she's similar vintage to you and we know you old buggers can be stubborn. Razz Wink

In relation to your post, China is trying to get back to work, but it's not going smoothly with getting workers for a number of reasons, there's also demand issues.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-29/china-economy-from-coronavirus-likely-to-be-difficult/12093116

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:13 pm

"70 year old codger isn't about to let some 51 year old yahoo tell him what he can and can't do":

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncategorized/local-70-year-old-isnt-about-to-let-some-51-year-old-yahoo-tell-him-what-he-can-and-cannot-do/

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:52 pm

watt price tully wrote:
"70 year old codger isn't about to let some 51 year old yahoo tell him what he can and can't do":

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncategorized/local-70-year-old-isnt-about-to-let-some-51-year-old-yahoo-tell-him-what-he-can-and-cannot-do/

I smirked at the headline but the article was a let down.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 250, 251, 252  Next
Page 82 of 252   

Jump to: