Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Animal welfare in Asia

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

wow wow wow! how insulting!

you really have no idea do you? youve never been out of the country! yes Australia has a long way to go, needs much better accountability, but at least there are codes of practice! I have as much disgust for the aussie cop who stoned the wombat to death, give me 5 min with him, ill prove it!

and by the way those links we post your too busy to look at, they are not propaganda, they are real, Clearly you have no compassion for animals whatsoever!

as for people who have made up their mind, take a bloody good look in the mirror, and buy yourself a bloody ticket and take a look for yourself. mix a little with Japanese tourists! what fun that is! go take a look at the skinny sick dogs with broken tails running the streets of bali, go visit one of their zoos and get a nice pick of your son with a doped up tiger, who when hes too old to dope will be sent to a canned hunting place. or starved in a concrete cage with no shade and no real food. thats the reality in far too many asian countries. when that happens in australia and someone finds out it gets shut down pretty damn quick, no one turns a blind eye.

your right arguing with a closed mind who simply believes the articles they choose to read because its easier, is a waste of time, cheers

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:37 pm

David wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
^ what a lot of absolute bollocks that is Rolling Eyes

Buddhist monks it seems are particularly enlightened!!

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-24/tiger-temple-where-frozen-cubs-found-to-open-new-venue/8301812

Never been to Asia have you David ( and I don’t mean Bali)

If I could be bothered and enjoyed wasting my own time, I would respond to every shock-horror story you guys post with, I dunno, something about whaling in Svalbard, bullfighting in Spain or fun all-English activities from the not-so-distant past like bear-baiting. Maybe chuck in some animal testing by enlightened Western cosmetics companies for a bit of added flavour. But what’s the point in arguing with people who’ve already made their minds up?

Laughing Never stopped you posting anything on any topic before!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:39 pm

think positive wrote:
as for people who have made up their mind, take a bloody good look in the mirror, and buy yourself a bloody ticket and take a look for yourself.

Good idea. I will buy a ticket to Yulin, observe the now officially banned and severely curtailed dog and lychee festival (only the worst bits), and come around to your conclusion that Asians are inhumane and "medieval oxygen thieves". One really has to travel the world to learn about other cultures, to learn about oneself and to ... become a proper racist.

Last edited by David on Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:40 pm

I might've missed something but when did this become about "Asians" and not the Chinese Communist Party/PRC?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:42 pm

I think about page 2, Wokko. Rolling Eyes Laughing *sigh* *splits thread*...
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:53 pm

David wrote:
think positive wrote:
as for people who have made up their mind, take a bloody good look in the mirror, and buy yourself a bloody ticket and take a look for yourself.

Good idea. I will buy a ticket to Yulin, observe the now officially banned and severely curtailed dog and lychee festival (only the worst bits), and come around to your conclusion that Asians are inhumane and "medieval oxygen thieves". One really has to travel the world to learn about other cultures, to learn about oneself and to ... become a proper racist.

id rather be racist than pompous

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:55 pm

Well, congratulations. Razz (Personally, I’d rather be pompous!)
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:56 pm

why is it you have to label people in every argument?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:59 pm

actually your racist. you hate white people. or maybe your just an apologist. or hang on whats the latest label, um Nike, adidas, nope, thats it, Denier! actually its not hate, its disdain, hates like evil, it doesnt exist apparently!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:01 pm

Am I being unfair? You have described Asians in this thread as "evil", "inhumane" and "the biggest racists of all", and Morrigu described Chinese people as "medieval oxygen thieves". Please correct me if I’ve misunderstood, or explain that you got carried away and didn’t really mean to say those things, but otherwise how is describing an entire ethnicity that way not racist?

Last edited by David on Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:03 pm

David wrote:
One really has to travel the world to learn about other cultures, to learn about oneself and to ... become a proper racist.

Laughing or live with and learn about other cultures and decide that their practices are abhorrent and then state that and so in the minds of those who haven’t seen or have no real experience become a proper racist ....... happy with my opinions!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:05 pm

I take no issue with saying that the practices are abhorrent. But you said that the people are abhorrent – and not just the people who do it, but everyone who belongs to the culture as a whole. As I said to TP, please correct me if I’m wrong. But that’s how it reads to me.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:17 pm

its not the first time ive called you a white hating racist, i remember years and years ago when you didnt think the holocaust was so bad either. am i generalising? yes. label me as you want i really dont care. Ask Ronrat who lives in an asian country the lack of respect a lot of the population have for animals. but dont talk down to me, or anyone else, telling us we have closed minds when clearly, so do you on this subject and many others.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:00 am

I’m on record as a Holocaust apologist now? Since when? Where are you even getting this stuff from? Also, I can’t think of a single thing I’ve written that could even be uncharitably interpreted as racist against white people. It’s a caricature of a caricature.

It’s probably not useful to affix labels to people, I agree. But why negatively generalise about such a vast group of people, from so many different nations, cultures, religions and backgrounds? The fact that you (baselessly) accuse me of anti-white racism suggests that you don’t much like being on the other end of racial generalisations, and I’m sure you wouldn’t want to listen to people disparaging women, British immigrants or people from the western suburbs of Melboune with broad brushstrokes. Shouldn’t we treat others as we would want to be treated ourselves?

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:09 am

The refusal and/or inability to imagine how radically different contexts constrain the set of available ideas and behaviours, and determine priorities, is beyond me. You don't need to live in other cultures to get it; even English literature at high school, Bible readings at church, or a cursory knowledge of our own history should suffice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: