Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Darwin Awards

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see this thread taking off Mr. Green
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:36 pm

Some people are crazy Shocked
K 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:22 pm

Jezza wrote:
Some flat earthers don't believe Australia exists Laughing

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/latest-outrageous-flat-earth-theory-12472190

Even the ones in Australia?
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:20 pm

Sad but seriously!

Texas Woman Who Claimed COVID-19 Was ‘Media Driven’ Hoax Dies From Virus

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2020/04/texas-woman-who-claimed-covid-19-was-media-driven-hoax-dies-from-virus/?fbclid=IwAR0LhQgPDdbbs0ogHZVTcxpRtaTEiomnXNtWii2iRVtpFAeE_5EU37cBU9U

IF that is the case some suggestion maybe not and the GO FUND me by the family may not be legit 🤷‍♀️

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:26 pm

If correct, and I have a few flags but go ahead regardless, that's a classic Darwin Award.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:40 pm

https://www.republicworld.com/fact-check/coronavirus/fact-check-texas-woman-passed-away-due-to-coronavirus-call-it-a-hoax.html
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:48 pm

An almost .......... Rolling Eyes

Woman, 72, gored multiple times by bison after getting too close taking pictures

A 72-year-old woman was gored multiple times by a bison in Yellowstone National Park after trying to get a close up picture of the animal.

The incident occurred on the evening of June 25 at the female’s campsite at Bridge Bay Campground in Yellowstone National Park when the woman from California, who currently remains unidentified, approached within 10 feet of the bison multiple times while attempting to take a picture of it, according to a statement issued by Yellowstone National Park.

“The series of events that led to the goring suggest the bison was threatened by being repeatedly approached to within 10 feet,” said Yellowstone’s Senior Bison Biologist Chris Geremia in the statement.

“Bison are wild animals that respond to threats by displaying aggressive behaviors like pawing the ground, snorting, bobbing their head, bellowing, and raising their tail. If that doesn’t make the threat (in this instance it was a person) move away, a threatened bison may charge. To be safe around bison, stay at least 25 yards away, move away if they approach, and run away or find cover if they charge.”

The 72-year-old woman was taken to the Eastern Idaho Regional medical Center by helicopter where she received further treatment. Her current condition was not disclosed and the incident remains under investigation at this time.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-72-gored-multiple-times-bison-close-taking/story?id=71527987

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:20 pm

^

But maybe there were cultural issues as to why she didn't understand the consequences of getting too close. Was all the warning signage appropriately translated to Californian?

Razz Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:46 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

But maybe there were cultural issues as to why she didn't understand the consequences of getting too close. Was all the warning signage appropriately translated to Californian?

Razz Wink

hehehehe!!!

actually there is far less signage at yellowstone than there is at airports, hell theres more on the back of the toilet doors at the airport!

I always comment to hubby how different it is, and that people arnt treated like children, and yet for the most part do the right thing. I stood on a wooden boardwalk there to protect the ground, less than 5 feet from a pool of boiling mud, literally boiling, throwing scalding mud in the air. there is a sign at the start of each boardwalk (you must stay on board walks all over the park, there are some places with tracks, but most have boardwalks) that tell you the distances in yards you must stay away from each animal. I actually was too close to a deer, and i noticed everyone else was further back, so i moved back and apologised to everyone!! There are literally hundreds of bison everywhere, I dont know why anyone would get that close, they are huge! get a longer lens. You also get a pamphlet when you pay for entry, and its in lots of languages!!

however i did wake up in the morning, stepped outside the cabin and there was a dirty great big bison asleep on the step in front of our cabin, i had to climb the rail to go get coffee!

so yeah maybe the bison need better signage in their language!!!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:19 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:29 pm

30-year-old dies after attending 'COVID party' thinking virus was a 'hoax'

"I think I made a mistake. I thought this was a hoax, but it's not."

Those were the final words of a 30-year-old patient who died at Methodist Hospital in San Antonio this week after attending a so-called "COVID party," according to the hospital.

Dr. Jane Appleby, chief medical officer for Methodist Hospital and Methodist Children’s Hospital, said in a recorded statement that the unidentified patient told nurses about the party, which she said is hosted by someone diagnosed with coronavirus.

"The thought is people get together to see if the virus is real and if anyone gets infected," Appleby said.

More at: https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/30-year-man-dies-attending-covid-party-thinking/story%3fid=71731414

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:23 pm

Yep, saw that today, absolute classic Darwin award Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:16 pm

And Another.

Quote:
An anti-vaxxer has died due to complications from Covid-19 after criticising people getting the jab and posting “I have an immune system” on Facebook.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/antivaxxer-dies-of-covid19-complications/news-story/93302d97559f26c9387132b1ee6a0779

Technically not a Darwin award as he's already bred but close enough.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:44 am

Doing some work on the family tree, found this article from 1938 on the same page as one on my Great Uncle. This one relates to the death of a dentist in Brisbane, who needed to work on his sword swallowing act.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:47 pm

Nice bump. Swallowing a razor blade, what could possibly go wrong? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: