Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Malevolent Morrison Muppet Goverment

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

They pulled funding when they realised it was well above budget, unlike the state government which doesn't care how many billions above budget unneccasry projects cost.

Also they've spent 12% of funding on 11% of projects, seems about right to anyone who's not just a sook.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:19 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
That’s where you’re wrong Stui, the public do care, that’s why they voted in their local members who heaven forbid got improvements for their local area!!!

In general, the only people who get their panties in a bunch over this kind of stuff is hard core political animals, and only when it's the opposition team. The 90% of sane Australians CBF.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:55 pm

stui magpie wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
That’s where you’re wrong Stui, the public do care, that’s why they voted in their local members who heaven forbid got improvements for their local area!!!

In general, the only people who get their panties in a bunch over this kind of stuff is hard core political animals, and only when it's the opposition team. The 90% of sane Australians CBF.

I think 90% of Australians expect that politicians will fund things in their electorates, its why we vote for them.

The other 10% are just nuts and mostly vote Greens...
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:14 pm

eddiesmith wrote:

I think 90% of Australians expect that politicians will fund things in their electorates, its why we vote for them.

The other 10% are just nuts and mostly vote Greens...

You say that like the two things should be mutually exclusive Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:38 pm

The malevolent mendacious muppet Morrison Government were finally magnificent. Little did I realise how this thread title would be so prescient. However, credit where credit is due. The Morrison government were magnificent in destroying the Liberal Party, of giving voice to the right wing misogynistic nutters and in my seat of Goldstein returning Tim Wilson to his beloved private enterprise. Well done Scotty. You did it so well. 😊😊😊
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:03 am

Long time no see, WPT! Smile Hope you've been doing well. As a fellow Goldstein-dweller, I was also pleased to do my part to send Tim (and his government) packing.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:13 pm

^Ah G’day David. Well who’d a thunk a safe seat like Goldstein would go against the Libs. I’m still gobsmacked. My vote counted 😊. Again I must thank the malevolent mendacious muppet that Morrison is. Well done him alienating a hell of a lot of people.

I thought this article by Richard Flanagan nails it (gee I with I could write like him) he and his brother Martin are just incredible writers:

"As the results rolled in it was difficult to grasp: the Liberals of the 2020s, eerily like the Soviet communists of the 1980s, were suddenly an anachronism. Like the Politburo, they too had become entrapped within their fervent ideologies and grown so distant from reality that they lost the moral legitimacy to govern. Power was now haemorrhaging away in a death agony of lost seats.

Morrison was widely credited as the architect of this annihilation. But perhaps he was no more than the sinister final act of a larger story that began decades earlier when John Howard was elected prime minister in 1996
....."

https://www.theage.com.au/national/morrison-government-s-fall-marks-end-of-howard-era-ascendancy-20220525-p5aod6.html

Let’s hope for a less nasty and more collaborative time in our Federal politics.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:06 pm

Yes,let’s hope so,WPT^.It is time for a more collaborative,less confrontational approach in politics.And welcome back to the forum as well.This place hasn’t been the same without you.😊
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:09 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Yes,let’s hope so,WPT^.It is time for a more collaborative,less confrontational approach in politics.And welcome back to the forum as well.This place hasn’t been the same without you.😊

Cheers Doriswilgus 👍

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:32 pm

Can anyone explain to me why this secret ministry thing is such a big deal?

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/no-obstacle-for-morrison-in-a-constitution-that-doesn-t-recognise-a-pm-20220815-p5ba0t.html

My understanding is that government ministries have always been shuffled around, and PMs have previously held multiple roles (like Abbott famously appointing himself minister for women). I also understand that governments sometimes configure ministerial hierarchies in unusual ways, as Rudd famously did with his four-person "kitchen cabinet". I guess the question I have is, should anyone care if Morrison had additional ministerial duties, and if the public didn't know about it, and did it have any actual impact on how they governed?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:55 pm

David wrote:
Can anyone explain to me why this secret ministry thing is such a big deal?

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/no-obstacle-for-morrison-in-a-constitution-that-doesn-t-recognise-a-pm-20220815-p5ba0t.html

My understanding is that government ministries have always been shuffled around, and PMs have previously held multiple roles (like Abbott famously appointing himself minister for women). I also understand that governments sometimes configure ministerial hierarchies in unusual ways, as Rudd famously did with his four-person "kitchen cabinet". I guess the question I have is, should anyone care if Morrison had additional ministerial duties, and if the public didn't know about it, and did it have any actual impact on how they governed?

It’s the secret part David. That doesn’t happen in the Westminster system. This legal loophole will be closed. This isn’t a Liberal Labour dichotomy. There are probably more on the Liberal National Parties who are furious with Scotty from Hillsong than there are on the Labour side.

Ministerial accountability is the hallmark of the Westminster system and by keeping this secret it defies any semblance of accountability (who is the actual minister?) although this is entirely consistent with Morrison’s trashing of accountability throughout his unfortunate Prime Ministership. Accountability needs to be public and has always been public. We need to know who our ministers are.

In the beginning when he needed to be health minister that was understandable; I mean they were desperate not to have Richard Colbeck the disastrous Minister for Ageing be second in charge should Hunt have been run over by the proverbial bus. However it then went to his head. It’s an appalling misjudgement by the mendacious muppet Morrison Government.

There is a whole lot more to play out here. A gift that will keep on giving.

Love this by Tony Wright:

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/the-morrison-cabinet-meets-itself-coming-the-other-way-20220815-p5b9vc.html

And this by Jacqueline Marley:

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/scott-morrison-a-well-primed-minister-for-everything-20220815-p5b9zh.html

I suspect it does go back to a paternalistic (let alone arrogant) way of seeing the world. Fits right in with his form of religion “Daddy knows best”.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:31 pm

I'm still not clear either why it's such a fuss.

The logic behind doing it seems reasonable, and generally it seems that if had been open about it at the time, no one would have given two hoots, but for some reason, not being open about it is the problem. Confused

The Ministers were still the Ministers and still had their ministerial powers and seemingly he only used the Powers once and I don't even understand why he did that. If a Prime Minister (or Premier) tells a Minister not to approve something, doesn't ultimate power rest with the leader anyway?

Use Victoria as an example, the Health Minister or CHO were hardly going to issue declarations that Dan disagreed with, even if they technically had the power to do so.

So many people are jumping up and down about it, on both sides, it's clearly a bigger deal than I understand.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:32 pm

Bernard Keane who is being perused by Murdoch the younger puts it well re the opposition and their glorious (not) ex leader:

How did it take this long for opposition MP’s to realise Scotty from Marketing (say no more) couldn’t be trusted with political norms and conventions…..

https://www.crikey.com.au/2022/08/16/coalition-mps-finally-discover-real-scott-morrison/

It started well before of course with the Mad Misogynist Monk.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:19 pm

"Political norms and conventions". Isn't that just a different way of saying "Custom and practice" which is the way things normally get done, even though there's no rules or policy in place to say it has to be done that way?

I'm not defending Morrison, I just don't get the angst.

I get why Ministers would feel pissed off that the boss got sworn in to get their ministerial powers without telling them, but why would Albo be so worked up?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:20 pm

Quote:
Former treasurer Josh Frydenberg and former home affairs minister Karen Andrews did not know Scott Morrison had been jointly appointed to administer their portfolios last year, as Andrews called on the former prime minister to resign from parliament.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/scott-morrison-appointed-himself-to-five-additional-portfolios-20220816-p5ba8c.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 17 of 24   

Jump to: