Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Malevolent Morrison Muppet Goverment

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
So now we've reduced leadership to a sham public display,.....

With respect, I think you’re the only one who’s reduced it.

With respect, bullshit.

Whachootalkin’about?

It wasn’t “with all due respect”

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:50 pm

https://australianews-today.com/former-pm-tony-abbott-is-spotted-fighting-bushfires-near-sydney/
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:53 pm

You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/oct/22/tony-abbott-bushfires

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:30 pm

^ That’s the trouble with some of these publications. If you can’t give credit where credit’s due – and Abbott’s volunteer work is one of his (perhaps few) admirable qualities – then every critique is going to look like a hit job, whether or not that conclusion is justified.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:09 am

David wrote:
^ That’s the trouble with some of these publications. If you can’t give credit where credit’s due – and Abbott’s volunteer work is one of his (perhaps few) admirable qualities – then every critique is going to look like a hit job, whether or not that conclusion is justified.

David, The Mad Misogynist Monks other positive behavior was his “Captains choice” - it showed just how out of touch he was with (apart from everything) well, everything and contributed to his quick exit from Leadership: something a lot of people are eternally grateful for.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:24 pm

David wrote:

The bloke had been elected to Government about 6 weeks before that. WTF was he doing fighting bushfires, then? Did he not have a policy platform to implement?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:29 pm

Bushfires in October in 2013 and nary a mention of Climate Change
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:41 am

Scotty from marketing does it again Shocked Very Happy Laughing

"How good's cricket?"

"...One (person) even asked if it was satire and said it couldn’t be real.
Another said, “I love cricket, but this is close to insane. Trying to mesh some enjoyable sport with a national disaster is pretty much madness”..

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/scott-morrison-slammed-for-insensitive-comments-about-australian-bushfires/news-story/c000756d5f2253495e3fd9fdc2042ac6

What an embarrassment.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:03 am

OMFG the man is a total moron! Talk about missing a sensitivity chip!

And he’s.......OUT!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:45 am

Will be interesting to see if this moves the needle on the polling. I’ve long given up on trying to predict what will cause the Australian public to see him as the con artist he is. He’s already gotten this far, after all...
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:37 pm

While I don't give either party my primary vote none of these 'gotcha' moment attempts would make me change their positions. I kind of snort in derision when I see SMH or The Guardian try and attack Morrison. If Howard was a father of the nation type then Morrison is the Daggy Dad of the Nation. When you attack the goofy dad you look like an arsehole. There are some seriously bad policies to latch on to but the left just wants to nail Morrison, we've seen it all with Abbot already, it's old and tired.

All Labor has to do to win things back is focus on the mass immigration policies of Morrison (huge 'legal' intake smokescreened behind being tough on refugee boats).

The equation is pretty simple, immigration drives down wages and lowers living standards by overwhelming existing infrastructure. Promise to take more refugees while slashing elective immigration and Labor wins.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:21 pm

Wokko wrote:
While I don't give either party my primary vote none of these 'gotcha' moment attempts would make me change their positions. I kind of snort in derision when I see SMH or The Guardian try and attack Morrison. If Howard was a father of the nation type then Morrison is the Daggy Dad of the Nation. When you attack the goofy dad you look like an arsehole. There are some seriously bad policies to latch on to but the left just wants to nail Morrison, we've seen it all with Abbot already, it's old and tired.

All Labor has to do to win things back is focus on the mass immigration policies of Morrison (huge 'legal' intake smokescreened behind being tough on refugee boats).

The equation is pretty simple, immigration drives down wages and lowers living standards by overwhelming existing infrastructure. Promise to take more refugees while slashing elective immigration and Labor wins.

My quote above and link mto aticle was from that rabid left wing rag News.com.au Rolling Eyes Wink

If you think Scotty from marketing is the daggy uncle think again. I didn't title the thread as I did for a quick laugh because he's benign; the reilgious nutters, fundamentalists miners, and other tax dodging f*ckheads get a free kick with this lot.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:32 pm

Catherine Murphy: You’ve done it again. Such a smart political writer nails it again:

“Some Political leaders find their natural authority in a crisis, not (Scotty from Marketing)”

“...The country has been treated to the discomfiting spectacle of Scott Morrison Slayer of strawberry saboteurs, master of the maximized crisis, reduced to a prime ministerial hologram in an actual one...”

https://www.theguardian.com/global/commentisfree/2020/jan/02/some-political-leaders-find-their-natural-authority-in-a-crisis-not-scott-morrison

Nailed it in one.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:42 pm

It will be interesting to see how Morrison works through the adverse media in the next 6-12 months. He's coped a caning, some of it deserved but a large amount not, and that can have a tipping point where it becomes counter productive.

The people who're still pissed that Labor lost the unloseable election are queued up for any opportunity to throw rocks at Morrison for any reason. He's provided a few recently, fair game, but what happens next will be what tells. Those on the left are good at piling onto a subject, they're not good at knowing when to stop. While the average punter tends to agree that Morrison is getting what's coming to him, they largely let it slide and even agree. Once it becomes a pecking party (ref: see 1 flew over the Cuckoo's nest) then it degenerates to farce and those not idealistically aligned switch from letting it go/tacitly agreeing to pushing back and calling bullshit, and the momentum shifts.

While Albo is milking the fires for every possible political opportunity like a Bill Shorten after a kilo of coke, I'll give it 3 months till normal transmission resumes.

I really hope Morrison calls an inquiry into the fires and focuses on ground fuel reduction and the alleged "greentape" hurdles put in place by councils that restrict reducing ground fuel. If he does, and the results come out as I expect, that will wipe out the Greens vote everywhere except their traditional heartland, inner city suburbs where the Environment is to be discussed not experienced.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:32 pm

My thoughts exactly, some people seem to think he can just write a cheque for a few million and hand it over
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 4 of 24   

Jump to: