Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Malevolent Morrison Muppet Goverment

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much every .pdf document started life as a word document or some other editable format before being converted to make it harder to amend.

If it's been converted by software, turning it back to word, amending it then turning it into a .pdf again is a piece of piss. Trickier if it's been scanned and NFI what formatting and line spacing has to do with it

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:41 pm

Now the lying bastard has unfortunately been shown up as lying (again) through his front teeth that under his Goverment we'll have a strong economy

"...Three quarters into our run of five weak quarters, Scott Morrison fought the election on a claim to had delivered a Strong Economy. The two subsequent sets of national accounts have destroyed that masterpiece of the marketer’s art..."

https://www.theage.com.au/business/the-economy/please-no-more-pollyanna-impressions-in-the-budget-update-20191208-p53hx0.html

Lying scumbag from the happy-clappy marketing team that Scott Morrison represents.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:58 pm

Nobody cares about budget forecasts, they're all voodoo and rubbish. I do agree with you from the other side of the chamber, Morrison isn't doing enough to stimulate business; cutting regulations, cutting company taxes and slashing Government spending would earn brownie points from the economic right. It's pretty much what Trump has done; get Government out the way so business has a chance to thrive.

He's starting to look a lot like Turnbull; Labor lite. Keep spending, keep taxing just a tiny bit slower than Labor will. The public service cuts are a good start though, so I'm still reserving judgement.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:07 pm

Wokko wrote:
Nobody cares about budget forecasts, they're all voodoo and rubbish. I do agree with you from the other side of the chamber, Morrison isn't doing enough to stimulate business; cutting regulations, cutting company taxes and slashing Government spending would earn brownie points from the economic right. It's pretty much what Trump has done; get Government out the way so business has a chance to thrive.

He's starting to look a lot like Turnbull; Labor lite. Keep spending, keep taxing just a tiny bit slower than Labor will. The public service cuts are a good start though, so I'm still reserving judgement.

You might like to be pissed on by trickle down economics: it doesn’t work. The only growth so far is due to public spending. Your recipe would tip us into recession.

Now is the time to borrow at record low interest rates and invest in the wider definition of the term “infrastructure” & stop with the utter nonsense of “surplus” as a cheap political tool.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:48 am

Angus Taylor has to resign: another direct source shows he’s lied again including lying to Parliament. What a dickhead.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/dear-angus-taylor-let-me-remind-you-of-our-encounter-at-oxford-and-why-it-matters-20191212-p53jkl.html

Ministerial responsibility? Ministerial accountability? Another f*ckup Morrison you lying c*nt and p*ick.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:10 pm

Where's Scotty from Marketing? MIssing in Action?

Don't worry he's on holidays in Hawaii.

If he's killed by some stray lava (prone to Hawaii) we can all rest assure that the knucklehead from the Nationals is our acting PM.

Rolling Eyes Shocked Rolling Eyes Good grief

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:39 pm

I keep reading on Social media that Morrison should be doing something about the bushfires instead of whatever else he's doing, like going on holidays.

Fire services, like parks, are State responsibilities. If the states need federal support, whether money or resources, they know the channels to use and it ain't directly to the PM.

What exactly is he supposed to be doing? Staged photo ops kissing fire fighters or putting "closed" signs on coal mines? I know it's all partisan politics but WTF do people really think he should be doing?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:58 pm

I mean, it’s not going to make this (or the next) summer any cooler, but some meaningful climate policy might not be a bad start. Everyone knows they’re doing SFA.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:20 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I keep reading on Social media that Morrison should be doing something about the bushfires instead of whatever else he's doing, like going on holidays.

Fire services, like parks, are State responsibilities. If the states need federal support, whether money or resources, they know the channels to use and it ain't directly to the PM.

What exactly is he supposed to be doing? Staged photo ops kissing fire fighters or putting "closed" signs on coal mines? I know it's all partisan politics but WTF do people really think he should be doing?

Participating in this would be a good start:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/dec/17/hugely-disappointed-emergency-chiefs-to-hold-bushfire-summit-with-or-without-pm

Paying volunteers in NSW because they are so exhausted. Deploying the military if this is seen as the right thing to do, paying for more planes, policy development: basically show some leadership.

While I don’t have much tine for Anna Bligh of QLD she showed leadership in a crisis as does our New Zealand cousins.?

Where’s Scotty from Marketing? The Nations head can assist the States.

He was attending meetings at News Limited when his presence was needed elsewhere not too long ago.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:20 am

You mean doing things like this?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-12/federal-government-announces-aerial-firefighting-boost/11790862
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:10 am

The states coordinate the fires and fire fighters, the feds provide assistance as and when asked. The military have been offered if required, if the volunteers are to be paid it's up to the states to do it and the feds can fund it.

I've seen the calls for "leadership" on social media, usually starting with the "This isn't partisan, but..." then comparing Morrison with an example of a Labor MP running toward disaster for a photo op. Rolling Eyes

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:15 pm

stui magpie wrote:
The states coordinate the fires and fire fighters, the feds provide assistance as and when asked. The military have been offered if required, if the volunteers are to be paid it's up to the states to do it and the feds can fund it.

I've seen the calls for "leadership" on social media, usually starting with the "This isn't partisan, but..." then comparing Morrison with an example of a Labor MP running toward disaster for a photo op. Rolling Eyes

No one's asking for a photo op and I don't use social media. However he's missing in action in a number of important ways; leadership being the primary one.

A few tradional media outlets:

A nation crying out for leadership from Scott Morrison got excuses

"...We have over 200,000 registered firefighters in this country. That is an enormous, an enormous national resource, which we value greatly. They are supported for their equipment and needs by our state and territory governments. And that is where that support is provided. And they deal with the Commonwealth for broader nationally coordinated efforts."

Good to know, Prime Minister, but hardly leadership. Decoded, "it's someone else's problem, but we help when we're asked"....

https://www.theage.com.au/national/a-nation-crying-out-for-leadership-from-scott-morrison-got-excuses-20191213-p53jtn.html

"...Early in the week Prime Minister Scott Morrison spoke about the fires but said that volunteer firefighters didn’t need further assistance because “they want to be there” – a misjudgment of the mood and an inadequate response, even if he did later announce more firefighting funding...."

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/better-make-sure-that-canberra-bubble-is-fire-and-smoke-proof-20191213-p53jso.html

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:07 pm

Scotty from marketing is MIA

"...Let’s talk about Scott Morrison’s holiday. The prime minister is on holidays, presently, while the country is still burning.

Morrison’s ill-judged holiday has become a thing, a totem, a social media event. It somehow epitomises everything that’s wrong with this bloke. As well as failing to show up at a critical time, leaving the running of the country to Michael McCormack, who struggles to run his own mulish political party, let alone anything else, Morrison is a hypocrite because he once blasted Christine Nixon for eating dinner during a bushfire"....

"All of this is fair enough. Morrison is a politician who likes to rumble, so it is unsurprising when the rumble returns to his doorstep. If you want to engage in some gratuitous commentary about Nixon’s poor judgment in the middle of a natural disaster to score a cheap point on the Bad Show, it will come back and bite you on the backside..
.."

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/dec/18/scott-morrisons-holiday-is-not-the-problem-his-lack-of-leadership-on-the-bushfires-is

"...Ten years ago, an ambitious young Liberal MP led the charge attacking Victoria’s police chief Christine Nixon for choosing to eat dinner at a gastropub as the horror of Black Saturday, the worst bushfires in the state’s history, unfolded.

Scott Morrison was that MP’s name and he did not hold back when condemning her actions when asked on the ABC’s Q&A program in April 2010.

“She’s clearly made a bad judgment call. That happens to people from time to time, but this was a very serious issue,” Mr Morrison said.
."

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2019/12/18/scott-morrison-holiday-black-saturday-attacks/

Oh dear.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:52 pm

oooh sprung bad!!
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:54 pm

It's the job of a state's emergency services to be active and available during a bushfire, not the Prime Minister of the Commonwealth.

Do you need it written out in crayon on a copy of The Guardian to understand?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 2 of 24   

Jump to: